Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:01 AM
Default Seperate skins?
Anyone know if there are seperate realistic skin tones made by anyone?
I ask because I use a drow skin town for one type, but since the only other skin packages I know of change everyone at once I haven't found them to be compatible.

Basically I get a drow skin colored head and a normal body which doesn't make sense.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
Anyone know if there are seperate realistic skin tones made by anyone?
I ask because I use a drow skin town for one type, but since the only other skin packages I know of change everyone at once I haven't found them to be compatible.

Basically I get a drow skin colored head and a normal body which doesn't make sense.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been working on making a drowish skin for the Sims Medieval; is this anything you would be interested in?

Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:24 AM
I'd like it! Does it replace any of the existing skin textures?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
I'd like it! Does it replace any of the existing skin textures?

Yeah, I haven't been able to get a non-default working yet, so I had to make it replace the white_light skin.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:41 AM
awww, that's the skin tone i use the most. is there any way to make it replace the second, more human looking, skin tone? snow white and coal black sims are what my kingdom needs. I wonder what colour their kids will turn out to be. Is black the dominate skin tone, or will it revert to brown when white skin is added to the mix?
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 3:09 AM
awww, that's the skin tone i use the most. is there any way to make it replace the second, more human looking, skin tone? snow white and coal black sims are what my kingdom needs. I wonder what colour their kids will turn out to be. Is black the dominate skin tone, or will it revert to brown when white skin is added to the mix?

No idea, I think the game just randomly picks a parent and passes his/her skin tone to their children. EA can't possibly comprehend the intricicies of creating caramel babies.
I think your thinking about the albino, thats the lightest skintone if thats what you mean.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 9:43 AM
I usually use the lightest skin tone and the darkest skin tone so if it replaces any other tone I'll take it post haste!

I've noticed that! my interracial couples will have both white and black babies, the first few times it happened i was convinced EA was working hard to keep the races separate.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 4:09 AM
I usually use the lightest skin tone and the darkest skin tone so if it replaces any other tone I'll take it post haste!

I've noticed that! my interracial couples will have both white and black babies, the first few times it happened i was convinced EA was working hard to keep the races separate.

Ok I'll put it up tonight in a thread.

Thats not cool EA.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 6:33 PM
I actually already have a dark elf skin (though that might even be darker). I was more looking for a replacement one by one of the other skins. Cause it seems a mod that replaces all the skins and a mod that replaces one skin can conflict. :/