Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:19 PM
Default rent furnished won't work for me..?
No matter how close I have the sim to the apartment door, it doesn't work. I shift click, and the only thing that comes up is "recalculate rent" and "force error."

I have the sim selected be greeted by the landlord first, before he/she tries the cheat.

Anyone else have this problem? :/
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:21 PM
Did you use boolprop first?? Thats what i had to do...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:21 PM
Yes, of course. Otherwise the shift+click wouldn't work...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:34 PM
If the option's missing on the regular apartment doors when you shift-click them, then something's wrong. Go through the Game Problem FAQ at MTS2 to figure out what.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:57 PM
ah, i moved my downloads folder out..and it seems the option DOES appear. :/
now to figure out which one messed up the game.. -sigh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 4:16 PM
oh, awesome. i found the problem: it is a hack named "apthack"
lol, how obvious was that...thanks you two for helping :]
#7 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 5:35 AM
Is it the JD apartment life pose box?I use that and I haven't had that problem.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherrinkim
oh, awesome. i found the problem: it is a hack named "apthack"

That's Pescado's Apartment Hack; the latest version works fine in my game so I expect you had an outdated version, or perhaps another hack which conflicted with this. If you don't know what the hack is or what it does, you shouldn't have it in your game.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 3:21 AM
also with he MATY hack that Simsample mentioned you don't need to shift-click to rent furnished, when you click the door there are two prices the higher one would be the furnished version. I am using it now and have had no problems so far
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
also with he MATY hack that Simsample mentioned you don't need to shift-click to rent furnished, when you click the door there are two prices the higher one would be the furnished version. I am using it now and have had no problems so far

Yeah, 'apthack' sounds like the one from MATY. With that you don't need the boolprop cheet, just choose the higher price when you click on the door normally. It works really well... but of course costs the Sim more money to rent furnished.