Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:00 PM
I do prefer AM, but I can only use Nraas at the moment due to the new patch.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
For everyone who said you can't uninstall Awesomemod: you can. You type 'uninstall' in the cheat bar for whatever saves you want to keep BEFORE you remove it, and then you can continue them. Many of Twallan's mods require you to reset the entire town before you remove them, so it's hardly such a big difference.

For me, the story progression difference is for whether you want to play with lots of families in one save or just one (or maybe two or three). From what I've seen of it, Twallan's SP gives the other sims in the neighbourhood lots of interesting stories, but if a lot of the story-telling is being done by you, Awesomestory is better at letting the rest of the town be the 'boring, ordinary' people - and setting the other sims as 'chosen' makes them stay the same. At least, I find that.

I also like that Awesomemod is one thing that does everything I want it to, and I don't have to get lots of different mods and configure them, and I also find Awesomemod global configuration MUCH easier. That's not to say I don't use Twallan's mods - Relativity and Porter are great and very useful.

Good to know an Uninstall feature was added to AM, I'm really happy for it, maybe one of these days I combined Nraas with AM or use AM SP again, at least now I can use any of them without being attached or having to start over. Also, your description of the differences of the two SP is spot on. You are totally right and that is one of the reasons I prefered Nraas, because I don't like controlling the whole town, heck I barely like to control a family of 5 lol. I like the city to go on without me.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
I do prefer AM, but I can only use Nraas at the moment due to the new patch.

I think, the new one is out on Maty. Look on the date when you download the file.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DHNightshadow
I think, the new one is out on Maty. Look on the date when you download the file.

Yes, I tried out awesomemod today and have the newest patch. It's working perfectly, in my game at least.

As for my verdict on my experience with AM so far, I like a lot of the features it adds. I think it compliments the Twallan mods I have as opposed to making me feel the need to decide between the two.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:53 PM
Eh? I find this to be a strange question. You mean I'm supposed to CHOOSE???

Both. Both is good. I always have AM running for basic functionality, and then pick and choose from the Twallan mods to give my games more 'spice'.
Instructor
#81 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:51 AM
I had used Awesome and twallan's mods together for quite some time. I love twallan's Story Progression, which makes the game more realistic and so much more enjoyable. I also use Master Controller, Overwatch, Woohooer, and Second Image. I used them in addition to Awesome until the most recent game update which Awesome was not compatible with yet. After a while I tried the test version of Awesome but noticed that my sims would basically do nothing. They wouldn't care for their needs even if they were well into the red zone. They just had no free will. Which is a problem for me since I like to sit back and watch what they will do on their own. So I have removed Awesome for now but I would like to use it as well since there are a couple features in Awesome that I just love. But for overall mod features and support, I would most definitely choose twallan's.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The Twallanian and AwesomeMod story progression modules have entirely different goals. If you like a system that produces pretty stories of events that never happened, and the assurance that your game will remain mostly on its rails, use Twallanian Story. If you want a system that produces actual events that mostly actually happen in the game, and a system that you can manipulate and influence to produce long-term consequences you may or may not want, and absolutely no assurance that your actions won't run your town into the dirt, then use AwesomeMod's.

Either way, you can choose to use AwesomeMod for its other features and use Twallanian Story Module anyway: AwesomeMod will recognize when you installed the Twallanian story driver and let it take over. It comes down to whether you want pretty stories, or a game.

So are you saying that AM Sp causes SP based off of actual forced interactions of non active sims in the game where as Twallans just creates random SP that doesn't actually happen (just randomly decides Sim A and B will be in a a relationship and so on and so on)??

And if I used AM SP would I have to tone it down like I did Twallans?? Because I noticed with Twallans SP at first , weird weird things happened, the landgrabs split up and moved out of their house, the altos gave their mansion to their daughter and moved to this tiny house on the beach, Ursula the lonely fisherwoman married Simis Bachelor who she got to break up with his wife, and more crazy things, I toned it down but I've been soo busy building that I havent had enough time to play and check it out.

AM also has its own jealousy routine that stops the "Im halfway across the house but I know you just kissed our maid so I m going to slap you silly" thing too doesnt it?
Field Researcher
#83 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:07 AM Last edited by jcalispupo01 : 19th Jun 2011 at 4:35 AM. Reason: More info
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
So are you saying that AM Sp causes SP based off of actual forced interactions of non active sims in the game where as Twallans just creates random SP that doesn't actually happen (just randomly decides Sim A and B will be in a a relationship and so on and so on)??

And if I used AM SP would I have to tone it down like I did Twallans?? Because I noticed with Twallans SP at first , weird weird things happened, the landgrabs split up and moved out of their house, the altos gave their mansion to their daughter and moved to this tiny house on the beach, Ursula the lonely fisherwoman married Simis Bachelor who she got to break up with his wife, and more crazy things, I toned it down but I've been soo busy building that I havent had enough time to play and check it out.

AM also has its own jealousy routine that stops the "Im halfway across the house but I know you just kissed our maid so I m going to slap you silly" thing too doesnt it?

You are questioning the same thing i questioned. The difference between AM SP and twallan's SP is: AM gives you more control of the town, so if you like to make YOUR OWN story telling, AM SP will make your decisions influence the city, and inactive sims would be...um...boring(boring in the sense that, they are ordinary sims, they won't make up stories on their own) like someone else mentioned.

In your own terms, Sim A and B decide to have a relationship (due to traits, relationship, chances, etc), the twallan SP makes the story out of factors like the ones mentioned before, and then pushes the sims to do it.

Twallan's SP generates stories, but the thing is, twallan SP generates the storie and THEN pushes the sims involved to act them out. So mainly, if you want the city to run on its own, and do the story telling by itself and you just want to focus on one family instead of the whole town, you want twallan SP. If you want to technically control the fate of the whole city and be the one doing all the story telling, AM SP is for you.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

Instructor
#84 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:39 AM
Well I don't know, NRaas SP has a lot of options, and I must disagree, that it helps you if you want to play only one family. I have a family with six generations, they live in several homes, but I still have total control over them... They can't go to pee, without my agreement Thanks to NRaas SP. Maybe it would be easier to understand your point, if you used an example. I'm not English and sometimes I must use English to English translation.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The nice thing about Twallan's mods is that you can pick and choose the things that you want. Awesomemod is one monolithic mod and you don't have the option to turn off a lot of its features.

yes you can.The awesome mod configuration tool here link: ------> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

Bleh
Mad Poster
#86 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:02 PM
For me, Awesomemod had a lot of features that were set the way Pescado wanted it, you can't turn them off. I went to Twallan's mods for same reason, certain things I want more from the story progression, certain things I want less. That works out for me and made my game more enjoyable.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#87 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amandasim75
yes you can.The awesome mod configuration tool here link: ------> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

Yes, and has been pointed out in this thread, not all of the features of awesome mod are configurable. Some features are not even documented.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Well I don't know, NRaas SP has a lot of options, and I must disagree, that it helps you if you want to play only one family. I have a family with six generations, they live in several homes, but I still have total control over them... They can't go to pee, without my agreement Thanks to NRaas SP. Maybe it would be easier to understand your point, if you used an example. I'm not English and sometimes I must use English to English translation.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain very well. The thing is, you HAVE the option to control more people, heck you can even turn off the stories and restrict actions to your liking. THe thing is, Twallan SP functionality is to give spice to the town, so that it can go and be interesting and living without you. So if you play only one family it helps you a lot, since the town will go on, progress or have troubles, and generate interesting stories and situations while you control one household. Also if you don't want to do story-telling or story-telling for the whole town, it also helps you. However you can STILL turn off any feature in Twallan SP and take control.

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
I'm sorry, I didn't explain very well. The thing is, you HAVE the option to control more people, heck you can even turn off the stories and restrict actions to your liking. THe thing is, Twallan SP functionality is to give spice to the town, so that it can go and be interesting and living without you. So if you play only one family it helps you a lot, since the town will go on, progress or have troubles, and generate interesting stories and situations while you control one household. Also if you don't want to do story-telling or story-telling for the whole town, it also helps you. However you can STILL turn off any feature in Twallan SP and take control.

The only reason why I use SP is because I play multiple families, so I can freeze aging for the inactive custom families I play and turn on aging for the one I'm currently playing. Since both AM/Twallen SP lets me do that. I can't really tell the difference between the two.

It has been a long time since i touched AM but with Twallen I get notifications on what happens in the town. Whose fighting who and what not..

Are you saying that AM SP requires you to manage the town more while Twallen SP is more autopilot? I'm still trying to get a better grasp between the two and which is more suitable.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aurica
The only reason why I use SP is because I play multiple families, so I can freeze aging for the inactive custom families I play and turn on aging for the one I'm currently playing. Since both AM/Twallen SP lets me do that. I can't really tell the difference between the two.

It has been a long time since i touched AM but with Twallen I get notifications on what happens in the town. Whose fighting who and what not..

Are you saying that AM SP requires you to manage the town more while Twallen SP is more autopilot? I'm still trying to get a better grasp between the two and which is more suitable.

No, AM SP doesn't require you to manage the whole town. AM SP makes the inactive sims "boring" in the sense that they won't make up stories and have that "spice" that twallan SP has. With Twallan SP fully activated, the town pretty much develops on its own, despite having the option of turning any option off(stories are made up and acted out based on several things, you know it kinda simulates a more life-like neighborhood) However, the uses for both SP are depending on the player, since with Twallan SP u can as well turn the whole city into a ghost town. I don't know if I'm making myself clear enough , but I hope you get what I mean.

In your case, you use them to freeze aging in custom families, therefore both SPs will satisfy that need.

Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
I have never tried awesome mod but I have Twallan's storey progression, story progression expanded add on, master controller, and overwatch. It has made my game SOOOOO much more fun! Remember to check out the site and read all the instructions and explanations on what each thing does, though, if you're a novice like me. It takes awhile to get used to the menus but it's SOOOOO worth it!!!
Forum Resident
#92 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:43 PM
I personally use only Twallan's and Cmar's mods PERIOD!!! I tried awesome mod it kept crashing my computer, the manual that came with it had alot of functions to make my game more personalized, but if you actually want to play the game the way EA intended it (if they knew how to fix there own game) than I think Twallan's mods are better. I saw what Pescado put down about "pretty stories", and Twallan's story progression does have a soap opera feel to it, but that's what I personally like!!! Also the woohooer is mandatory, it makes your game so more adult like and you're able to let your imagination run freely. MATY threads are horrendous, (not pescado himself) but his followers are true azzholes, I've been modding my game for about a year now, and most of what I learned is from MTS and NRAAS industies and the good modders of Crazytown. Alot of the questions that are asked on the MATY thread are not dumb at all, because when I google those same questions in regards to awesome, all you have is a thread bashing the question. SO what's the point of the whole search moar philosphy? I want to play the game not be consumed with time looking up a simple question, like where can I find the updated awesome mod. SO instead of going through all of that, I go to NRAAS industries, and get what I need and customize my game to my liking.....really very simple. Twallan makes his mods customizable to YOUR liking not his....which is awesome and very very nice of him. So that's why I remain loyal TO HIM, Oh and I love CMAR too she's really good when it comes to adding new features to cas, also making it customizable to YOUR liking..... so right now those are my FAVORITE modders (who cares right?? lol) but if you're new to modding then definitely go with Twallan's stuff, more user friendly and you get an abundant amount of help (like MTS) from his forum. That is all.......
Forum Resident
#93 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:59 PM
oh and on another note, Pescado is actually pretty funny the whole Pancake bunny thing is hilarious, it's mainly the people on his board who can become pretty ruthless, (and childish), which casts a bad light on him as a modder. He's very good, probably the best, and does alot for the sims community. But you need a powerful computer to run awesome mod, so if your computer sucks (like mine) than I think Twallan's is better. Story progression can cause some lag, but the you can turn off alot of it's functionality (like I do) and it will run decent. And as the above post said, you can also, control how fast you want it to fire out stories for inactives, so I love love love it, it gives me complete control on how I want my hood to advance. Now that is all......
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:21 PM
I cant play unless I have NRaas MC installed. It has all the features I want in a mod. After Night Life I added the Overwatch and wow what a difference in game performance! I also use his Decensor. I dont think I have ever thanked him so, thanks Twallan! You have made the Sims 3 more enjoyable than I or EA could ever have imagined. Your hard work is appreciated.
Instructor
#95 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joshuaclay91
I cant play unless I have NRaas MC installed. It has all the features I want in a mod. After Night Life I added the Overwatch and wow what a difference in game performance! I also use his Decensor. I dont think I have ever thanked him so, thanks Twallan! You have made the Sims 3 more enjoyable than I or EA could ever have imagined. Your hard work is appreciated.

I totally agree. Master Controller is so... so Brilliant!

Twallan thank you very much! You should get a prize or something or at least a beer.
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:34 PM
I use Awesomemod, Master Controller, Overwatch, and the Woohooer. I personally like the no-nonsense way things are handled over at MATY, and honestly, I have never received a rude answer from Pescado himself -- only from his minions, which IMO try too hard. I miss the Supreme Commander from Awesomemod when I don't have it; I love to use it when I am in Egypt and looking for Tiberium. Twallan's mods are really good for tweaking individual aspects of the game; AM is more of a "big picture" kind of mod.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:23 PM
I am a search more type person. I like reading up on how to find problems and fix them, helps me to learn how to identify problems on my own. I use the heck out of MATY for that. I have only asked a question when I didn't understand a step to get from point A to B, never had a rude answer from them, or Pescado. Yeah, they can be rude at MATY, but the butthurt replies are hilarious to me. Why do people take what is said so seriously? It's the internet.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#98 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:46 PM
I don't use either mod. I tend not to use mods that can enable teen+adult mature content, even if by default it is not enabled.
Forum Resident
#99 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:37 PM
I use AwesomeMod, Master Controller and Overwatch.

I really don't understand why people seem so intimidated by MATY. I'll be on other forums and see people saying how they're afraid to go there all the time. I personally love it. There's nothing wrong with making people search and at least attempt to solve their own problems. Plus, I love how they don't really tolerate bad spelling, grammar and punctuation. I'll go on other forums and see people using no capitalization or punctuation, bad spelling, etc. and it drives me nuts. The worst site for this is the official forum. I would think all the people there are in elementary school from the way they type. I really wish more forums would have rules against using chatspeak, or bad grammar/spelling in general.
Test Subject
#100 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:59 PM
I stopped using AwesomeMod when asking Lil Bing's sign got my sim arrested, fired, and blacklisted from several careers.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Descending into a debate about rudeness.
Page 4 of 15