Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#101 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 3:59 AM
Deatherella, I think its all three...not just one - which is why its called Outshine the Star... If we were doing Batman and Robin - our sim would be Robin or maybe even Batman's butler.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 7:59 AM
Wgroome: Exactly!

Deatherella: Yes, Wndy26 is correct. Your Sim must outshine the star in all of the three picture descriptions beneath that header.
Test Subject
#103 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:23 PM
Ehm, I really think I need another extension, cause i'm going to work now and i'm late already and I won't be coming back before seven o'clock and i'm not done yet... Would this be Possible?
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 2:12 PM Last edited by pai.kea : 11th Nov 2009 at 11:10 PM.
Default Round I - Amanda Reese
ROUND I : AMANDA REESE

• When I arrived at Simville Beach I had no Idea of what was awaiting me. Before the Shoot was taken, I got some great Tips from the Make-Up & Hair Girl and a colourful Make-Up for the Shoot itself. Then the Photographer told me to just relax – Imagine how surprised I was. But at the End it was harder than I thought. “Put your Feet up there. Move your hand a bit to the left, please. No, the other hand!” But at the End we understood each other and I he made some really nice Pictures of me. The evening was even more interesting, the first Time of my Life I spoke to a completely unknown Crowd. Everyone was dressed so well and it was so not like my Parents Farm… I made some Mistakes while talking about the Beach and its History, but no one recognized. I was really afraid, that someone could jump up and laugh. But no one did, and while watching the Firework I soon forgot what I did wrong.

• Being a Cover girl was always a dream of me, but I never imagined that I would be the Cover girl for Rock!s X-Mas special Edition! Being Photographed in such a big Studio was quite cool, but on the other hand… I always thought about the thousands of People which would see me, and so I was really excited and couldn’t focus myself on the shoot. But after a while and a bit talking with the Photographer I was ready and the Shoot could begin. I wasn’t that professional, but oh well, what do you expect form me?

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly

P.S. MicheleD...lovely to see you again. Missed ya hun! :lovestruc

Oh my goodness! Great to see you again dear! Missed you too! :lovestruc Hope to see more of my other friends out here too

Thank you very much judges, I wasn't expecting that!

Very challenging round for me!! I'll see what I can do. Trying to figure out what kind of monster to use. Have a few thoughts in mind
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pai.kea
Ehm, I really think I need another extension, cause i'm going to work now and i'm late already and I won't be coming back before seven o'clock and i'm not done yet... Would this be Possible?

I am in a major crisis as well - today a big report is due and me and my group are still not finished. We it is 1.00AM here and we have worked all day on it. So I could not work on my pictures yet.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Field Researcher
#107 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 3:19 AM
pai.kea, your rock magazine is soooo pretty! I love it! :D
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 8:52 AM
I rezized my xmas picture. I am assuming the diver pic should be on a beach. And the other 2 where ever we want, I guess Still trying to find a monster, not sure what kind of monster your looking for, so I'll do what I think is a monster
Test Subject
#109 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 10:24 AM Last edited by pai.kea : 10th Nov 2009 at 9:57 PM.
Thanks alot, SolidGoldFunk... I actually don't like it anymore, but I guess i'll have no Time to change it...^^

Hey, Tririana, could we get a short answer from you, if we get the extension or not and how long? I've finished the Beach lot now, but to be honest, if we're not gonna get an extension I would be working for nothing if i made the pictures now.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Cher : 10th Nov 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pai.kea

Hey, Tririana, could we get a short answer from you, if we get the extension or not and how long? I've finished the Beach lot now, but to be honest, if we're not gonna get an extension I would be working for nothing if i made the pictures now.

Are you talking about an extension on round 1? Because round 2 isn't due as yet. Tririana, can you please answer some questions in here so I too know how much time I have. Because if there is an extension, it gives more time to everyone.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 3:28 AM
I'm not the host or anything but pai.kea, you've already started your entry so I would say you should just finish it. I would still score it for you. I can already tell that it's going to be great!

aba23, I think you should still post yours too because it would be a shame for Luke not to make it. I think he has a lot of potential and I was looking forward to seeing more of him.
Instructor
#112 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 3:47 AM
I agree...everyone should finish their round 1 entries at the very least...
Scholar
Original Poster
#113 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:26 AM
I extended the extension two days ago, so the round will close once you've gotten your completed entries for round I in.
Test Subject
#114 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 11:43 AM
Okay, thanks for your Post. A short moment i was afraid, that you won't come back anymore. I dunno why. So its good to hear from you^^ I'll finish my Round I tonight - I have to go to work now.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Cher : 16th Nov 2009 at 2:14 AM.
Default Round 2~Noelle Winterton
Deep Sea Diver:
Beautiful day by the ocean! In this shoot, we were told to act like we didn't understand what the island lady was trying to tell us. She was trying to warn us that the killer tomatoe was coming.

Police Officer:
Here we dressed like cops. Catching some of the killer tomatoes. I enjoyed wearing the cop uniform. However, the actor with me looked much better in the uniform. And what a mess they had cleaning up all those smashed tomatoes! :D

Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid:
This was a lot of fun! I loved all the makeup- clothes-hair I had to wear. I was supposed to look evil and scary. I think I did.

Model advertising hair shampoo:
This was my favorite shoot. They took a lot of time trying to make me look good. Loved the hair style and all the attention I was getting too.

Click on picture to make bigger.
Test Subject
#116 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 5:41 PM
Michele_D: The Advertisment looks amazing! It's sooo cool! I think the long hair suits her much better^^
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 6:21 PM
Aww thank you very much pai.kea! Actually it was a rush job. I have to be at work tomorrow and all weekend so I'm trying to get as many done as I can. I think your doing a wonderful job! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure they will be beautiful
Instructor
#118 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 9:14 PM Last edited by wndy26 : 15th Nov 2009 at 2:47 PM.
Default Baily Loftner - Round 2

Part 1: Outshining the Star

Diver Scene
Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes...I never thought I would get picked to be in a movie, and of all movies! Don't go thinkin I am too special now, I didn't get the lead role at all. Jake Green landed that spot and he got to kiss the infamous Lydia Glover... Yeah, you could say I was a bit jealous...but not over Lydia. I am still dating Danielle, the photographer that I met through this wonderful contest. I just hope that my measly little role in this low budget horror flick helps get me a better job in the futre - maybe a lead role someday...

In this scene, Jake and I had just pulled some huge tomatoes up from the depths of the ocean, thinking they were just a freak of nature. Little did we know that the tomatoes would eat poor Lydia. The makeup artists and special effects crew did a bang up job on making this scene look great. The blood spillage looked so real. The director told us to make up our own reactions to the scene, to make it look more real. I wasn't real sure what reaction Jake was going to give, but I wanted to make sure my reaction was something masculine looking. Turns out, Jake took the sick look...made him look like a real weakling!

This was the hardest scene to pull off, our director wasn't much of a people person as all our extras kept running off before we could even get a shot in. We even had a major accident on location. A huge fire broke out and almost killed Lydia for real! All in all, it was quite exciting, if not exhausting.

Police Officer Scene

In this scene, Jack Slack and I are cops investigating the library. Jack stands around looking studly while I do all the work - looking for evidence of tampering. Wondering about the look on my face, that's disbelief. I couldn't understand how Jack could stand around looking so modelish when we were supposed to be "acting" like cops, not models.

Tomato/Human Hybrid Scene
After Jack and I went in the library to complete our investigation, the human/tomato hybrids arrive on the scene. As an extra, I had to go get all this goopy makeup put on and be one of the human/tomato hybrids while Jack got to act freaked out at the site of the human/tomato hybrid monsters heading for the library. That's me right in front, the one with black jeans and no shirt - boy, I am handsome in this shot! I think the makeup artists did a such a smashing job because Jack really looked like he was gonna piss his pants! The expression on his face made me feel pretty good about this scene, he wasn't very studly after all.

Wondering what human/tomato hybrids are? It just so happens that once a killer tomato bites a human, they turn into these zombie like creatures and help the killer tomatoes take over the city, and eventually the world!

Acting in the film was great fun, even if I wasn't the star. Working along side the other famous actors, like Jake Green, Jack Slack, and Lydia Glover, I managed to learn quite a bit. Aside from the big names, they were really just regular people just like me but with a few ego issues. But, with paparazzi following them around all the time, the ego issues are bound to develop. I hope I can keep mine in check.

Part 2: A Step into Advertisement

Brash Deodorant Campaign

Advertising, one of the biggest contracts a model can get is to be chosen for an advertising campaign, especially for a popular product like Brash Deodorant. I was a little nervous about this photo shoot. It was the first time I had ever done modeling for a major brand name product. As you can see, I had a hot model chic and great photo shoot. And I have to say, I was wearing Brash and it really did work - what more could a model ask for!
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 11:21 PM
Looks great wgroome! And wndy26, that looks SO cute! I love it!

I am VERY confused here! I have no idea what I'm doing! I didn't know the tomato task was supposed to be mixed in with the diver theme!! I thought it was supposed to be 4 different themes. I have no idea what I'm doing, never did a contest like this. Anyone else as confused as I am Not to be rude, but it wasn't explained very well, IMO.......
Instructor
#120 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 11:38 PM
Michele, the theme of all three "outshine the star" photos is based around the Killer Tomato movie. Your supposed to be an actor in the movie, not the star of the movie, in each photo using the themes - diver, policeman, and human/tomato hybrid. That is how I read it and understood it. TRIrianna may need to confirm though.
Test Subject
#121 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 12:32 AM
I've finished my Round I, i thought i'd posted this before, but... Whatever.

You can read my Mind, Michele. I am confused about the whole Round too... I thought the Diver and Tomato are two very different Things!
Field Researcher
#122 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:30 AM
From what I read you're supposed to be a diver in one photo for the Killer Tomato Movie, a policeman or whatever in the second photo for the Killer Tomato Movie and in the third photo you're a possessed tomato or something. All three photos are for the movie but you're just the extra characters needed. I hope that made sense. I think you're also supposed to have another star including the main star and you have to outshine them both.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:57 AM
Thank you very much wndy and SolidGold! I wish I would have known this too before I worked so hard on the other picture! I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who was confused pai.kea I may have to use some ps tubes to do this. It will be in game pictures but with some tubes if I can find them. wndy, if I may ask please. I can't seem to get but 3 pose boxes on the beach for some reason. Is there a hack that allows more CC for the beach? If there is I can't seem to find it. Still confused a bit about the "monster" the model is supposed to be! No vamps, zombies etc. I'll just wing it, and think on this one! So please don't expect too much
Scholar
#124 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:27 AM
Michele, have you tried lining all your pose boxes up on the sidewalk, across the street, or someplace like that? I use move-objects on, plant every pose box I have in some incomspicuous spot across the street or something and then have my model skip over to his position and just click thru poses in the boxes that way til I get something that looks right for what I'm trying to do and then move object my model into final position.
Does that help you any? There shouldn't be a limit to the number of pose boxes you can plop down. I know I toss out every one I have frequently.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
Michele, have you tried lining all your pose boxes up on the sidewalk, across the street, or someplace like that? I use move-objects on, plant every pose box I have in some incomspicuous spot across the street or something and then have my model skip over to his position and just click thru poses in the boxes that way til I get something that looks right for what I'm trying to do and then move object my model into final position.
Does that help you any? There shouldn't be a limit to the number of pose boxes you can plop down. I know I toss out every one I have frequently.

Your doing this with Bon Voyage, correct? Because this is the only 3 pose boxes I could get out there. The only one that shows in buy- build etc. I looked all over. No big deal. It's very rare I go to the beach lol Yes I always use move objects and also boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.
This is all I can get. Thank you much!

Page 5 of 11