Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 8:47 PM
Default Site News
Hi All,

After reviewing our website statistics and traffic, we've had to pull the Adults Only section becuase it was using up all the bandwidth and slowing everything down.

We are working on a system to try and bring the files back, but for now they are offline until we get alternate hosting up and running. Hopefully this wont take more than a few days.

It's unfortunate we have to do this but the site has exploded in popularity in the past few weeks, so we've had to carefully review the situation and take action.

Regards
MTS2 Staff
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 9:25 PM
No worries, I hope you get it sorted as it is a great source for information and downloads...Hence the the sudden explosion.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 9:36 PM
I suspect the explosion was more to do with the following:

1) It's free
2) It has adult skins

Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 9:44 PM
Aw c'mon it's still a good site!....It never had NUDEandFREESimsHERE as it's address, give yourself some credit man! :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 10:26 PM
I think you should at least check into the legalities of accepting donations for the upkeep of the site, if you don't go the membership rout.
Maybe you could get a tax exempt status if you operate under donations.
#6 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 10:30 PM
New Member Habits:

Click ‘download’
Wonder where nude skins are
Search site for “nude”& “naked”
Register
Download nude skin pack
Install skin pack
View skin pack
Delete skin pack
Attempt to log back in
Forget password
Re-register
Download another nude skin pack
Minimize browser
Install skin pack
View skin pack
Delete skin pack
Re-install first skin pack
Delete all files except for medium light
Search site for “teen woohoo”
Send 10 random PM’s asking “M or F?”
Log off in time to watch Road Rules Extreme
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 11:36 PM
ROFL...sounds about right!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Oct 2004 at 11:59 PM
Hi. I upploaded about 16 megs of my paradise_collections today. Hopefully this wasn t the only reason for shutting down all of the adult sektion, just wanted to add something i thought was good.
However, i think you guys will solve the problems. This is a fantastic site tecnically and with a lot of creative people working together, i am realy impressed. Why not earn some little money on the adult users and make safe the financial future of this site?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 12:30 AM
peter, thats exactly what I might do

Also, I wont be activating any more adult downloads, just the non adult stuff.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 1:07 AM
That actually sounds like a great idea. I've gotten to where I come here several times a day now, but I don't really want my 2 boys to find that part.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 3:27 AM
Yeah it makes sense doesn't it
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:50 AM
I would like to support the site, but I CAN NOT AFFORD paying a membership fee. If you go that road, I'll end up going elsewhere for those downloads. not all of us here have even a few dollars to spare in this economy .

I can see registering being required to get the adult stuff, but there are more than a few of us that cannot afford to pay money, whatever we WISH.
#13 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 5:21 AM
Perhaps allowing only members that can pay at least a buck a month or something to access it - this has an added advantage since anyone that can not afford a buck a month is most likely not 18 anyways
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 6:28 AM
I've got news for you man, there are teens making more money than their PARENTS, and there are people like me that have cut ourselves to one to two meals a day to eat. The only reason I'm playing Sims 2 at this moment is because a friend bought it, and my comp is the only one that can handle it. If the adult section requires payment, I'll have to add this site to same list as the other "adult so you MUST pay" Sims 2 sites: a place I'd love to use, but can't afford to.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 6:33 AM
I thought of this AFTER the last post, which is why there's two here. Theres a Total War mod site that has the downloads on a server that limits the number of downloads you can pull in a set time period. If you want the downloads sometimes you have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I wouldn't see anything wrong with something similar, added to a requirement to register. Then if someone tried to D/L and they were below the proper age, the download could be nixed. Incidently, the server is not under the TW site's control, but a group that specializes in games related downloads.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 9:21 AM
I doubt very much whether you'd be able to find the range of adult downloads for free on other sites, so you'd have to pay anyway, and I already know that if I do implement payment that not as many people will be inclined to pay.

Even if I did limit the downloads, the traffic would still be huge, and the server load extraordinary.

Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 4:43 PM
Iceflame1977 The only solution really would be to host your own site with an adults section have people submit to you but then you'd only be contradicting your support for this site and would eventually run into the same problem. You just have to deal with it mate, I'm sure it's not going to be forever that you can't pay for something.
Banned
#18 Old 8th Oct 2004 at 8:57 PM
get lots of adult skins here www.pandorasims.net/sim2.html

not free though but at least there's plenty of bandwidth 1000 gb worth!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 3:39 AM
Just a thought here, but maybe I can help some.
I have a program called http File Server. Basically I start the prog, drag and drop a folder I want to share in it, then let everyone know where that site URL (it generates one) is. You can then surf to the URL and download whatever you want from that site. I see no reason why I couldn't do this and allow people to download adult items from me (or any of you) during whatever hours you choose. If enough of us did it, we could have the files available nearly 24/7. We could just have the links of those of us doing it posted here.

Anyway it's a thought. If this sounds like something worth learning more about, just PM me and I'll give more info. BTW..http File server is a free prog.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 5:22 AM
Moonbeat might have hit an ideal solution here. At the least it avoids punishing those of us that can't afford to getting paid memberships every time we turn around a chance!
Banned
#21 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 6:07 AM
to use file servers you have to have someone who has their computer on 24/7 and at least a T1 server. otherwise you will get shitty speeds.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 7:43 AM
Mine is on 24/7 and I have DSL. I've experimented with this before and the speeds have been acceptable. Regardless of that, it offers an alternative. It will be up to the individual to decide if the speed is too slow to put up with or if getting the download is worth it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 7:56 AM
Here is another thought, the moment people must pay for the adult download, the maker should get a percentage of the payment
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 8:16 AM
Excellent point, which is yet another reason we should strive to keep things simple and free. IMHO
Banned
#25 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 1:59 PM
dsl isn't fast enough to run a file server. i've done it myself and i have 1.5mb adsl.
Page 1 of 2