Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 3:03 AM
Default actual painting skill
thank you for attention, i would like to have my sims paint better is there something which allows sims to paint like the masters. i am not looking for masters artworks to display, rather have my sims create it. i am unfamiliar with the proper term. thank you
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 4:01 AM
did i post this incorrectly?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 4:08 AM
I find your post fine.
I am pretty sure, paintings only have to do with creativity skill. The higher your sim is creative, the better he/she paints. A sim who maxed the creativity skill..is a master

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:16 PM
There's a mod around that I downloaded that allows sims to create paintings that are different from the default game (that is, you don't get the same painting with 9 different overlays depending on the sim's traits). There are still differences relating to traits (e.g. grumpy sims create 'depressing' paintings, computer whiz sims create 'geeky' things [relating to video games, anime etc.]).

You can also take the mod and insert your own paintings -- if you want a sim to be able to paint some of Monet's or Stubbs' work? Find an appropriately-sized version of whatever painting you want, and replace one of the paintings in the mod with it. It's all available here with a link on how to replace paintings.

Is that kind of what you're wanting?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 11:32 PM
You can set the Painting skill of a Sim -- or any of her other skills -- by placing a Book Of Talent upon the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:27 AM
thank you all
create paintings other than default is exactly what i was looking for
thank you