Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 2:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default My sim keeps running everywhere
Hi,
One of my sims keeps running to EVERYTHING she does. Shower? Run to it. Cook dinner? Run to it. Go to bed or work? Run. Going to kiss her wife? She runs to her. It's. starring to get really annoying. When this first occurred I read this goes back to normal upon restarting the game but it did not, so restarting the game does nothing, nor does resetsim. Her walk cycle on "go here" isn't on run and I have no mods, just cc. However before I installed any cc one of my ladies from generation one of this family began running everywhere too.

Annoyingly so, just recently her teenage niece also picked up this habit.

Is there any way to stop the dreaded running everywhere?

Much appreciated.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 5:27 PM
I know, it's a long-standing glitch. I've asked someone to look into it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 9:06 PM
See My Sims Are Runig Everywhere
There is also a link in there to the Other Mods page for the "Running Disease Hot Fix mod by Buzzler.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure, but I think it is one of the trait? One of my sim does that too. Maybe excitable trait?

No, it's not that She and her niece do not have that trait but run while her mother in law has the excitable trait and walks normally except when told to run or when she's doing the vampire super speed run.

Related she has high athletic but again, her vampire brother in law has max athletic and only runs when using the vampire super speed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
See My Sims Are Runig Everywhere
There is also a link in there to the Other Mods page for the "Running Disease Hot Fix mod by Buzzler.

Thank you! I'll have to give this a shot. I'll keep you updated
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 10:10 PM
So my sim is bugged? Hhmm... I've always just thought she was a hyper kid. I did have the stuck in sneak mode before, but a hard reset from NRAAS MC cured that. I wonder if I can do the same with this running sim.

I had a whole town full of "bugged" sims. They ALL were running.
You could try doing the same but sometimes that behavior resurfaces. Settings in Retuner are more permanent. NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>By Tunable XML>Sims3.Gameplay.Routing>SimWalkStyleRules or Buzzlers mod.
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 2:14 PM
In my experience, sims still run indoors no matter what mods you have installed. It was a while ago that I tested this though.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 4:53 PM
I think there's mod from here at MTS for sims to walk not running, I remember downloading it and still use it until now, I just don't remember where it was located, it was a long time ago (maybe 2010-2011), what the mods do is make sims walking instead of running, the only time my sims will run is when I told them to go here or there, but everything else they walk.. not running.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I think there's mod from here at MTS for sims to walk not running, I remember downloading it and still use it until now, I just don't remember where it was located, it was a long time ago (maybe 2010-2011), what the mods do is make sims walking instead of running, the only time my sims will run is when I told them to go here or there, but everything else they walk.. not running.

There is a mod here at MTS it is the The Running Disease Hot Fix by Buzzler which I linked to in the page further up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 11:33 AM
Oh, I have that mod and still use it too. It is a nice mod, it basically change it so your sim doesn't run to places when you tell them to to go to a distant location. But I think that is not related to the glitch mentioned. In this glitch, the sim is literally running everywhere, even short distances from the couch to the toilet. I just thought the sim was on drugs.
No, this is exactly the purpose of this mod, to reset a Sim's walkstyle in case they are stuck in one, like running, sneaking, or when a resurrected and revived former ghost continues to float even though it should walk normally now.
Buzzler's mod does have an additional function, though, that allows you to force a walkstyle on a Sim, which could be used for the reverse effect and make a Sim permanently run everywhere until you reset it again.

The running disease used to be mainly caused by two things, playing tag with another Sim and the "Adrenaline Rush" moodlet. So, in a way, they do act as if on drugs. This moodlet is common with Sims with the Daredevil trait and is applied whenever this Sims does something daring (eating dirt from the ground, being on fire, having won a breath holding contest in the pool, etc.). Other Sims can also receive the moodlet after a chance event in the bistro rabbithole during the "Get Drinks" interaction.

Other walkstyle diseases are Sims permanently stuck in sneak mode or ghosts that stop to float after age up and start to walk normally.

All of these should be fixable with Buzzler's mod. You can also use the mod to check whether the Sim is indeed stuck in a certain walkstyle.