Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Jasmini : 21st Jan 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Problem with hair Mesh
Julie J made a conversion of a hair for sims 2. However after testing the hair myself , there seems to be a problem at the back of the head, that make it looks like the scale is too small, or the hair itself is not stable.
In Bodyshop it doesn't show, Only in gameplay. It has something to do with the positioning.

This is the link to the Hair

https://juliejsimsstuff.wordpress.c...hair/ade-darma/

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix the mesh.
I consider this a minor problem.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:00 AM
Moved to Bodyshop meshing since it relates to CAS items.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jan 2018 at 3:22 PM.
My guess is that the back of head was converted togeher with the rest of the mesh, resulting in it not fitting well with the edge of the faces. The easiest way to fix it would be to extract the original scalps for the various ages (extracting the "hairbald" meshes with SimPE) and replace this in all the borked meshes. It's a bit of work, but should be simple enough as long as the hair fits over the scalp. If it doesn't, you may need to reshape the hair a little bit around the scalp.

Could also be that the bone assignments for the neck gap hasn't been fixed.

A third option is that the hair suffers from the bleeding through issue that comes from borked settings.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My guess is that the back of head was converted togeher with the rest of the mesh, resulting in it not fitting well with the edge of the faces. The easiest way to fix it would be to extract the original scalps for the various ages (extracting the "hairbald" meshes with SimPE) and replace this in all the borked meshes. It's a bit of work, but should be simple enough as long as the hair fits over the scalp. If it doesn't, you may need to reshape the hair a little bit around the scalp.

Could also be that the bone assignments for the neck gap hasn't been fixed.

A third option is that the hair suffers from the bleeding through issue that comes from borked settings.

The second theory sounds similar to what i was considering, as i mentioned before, the issue only occurs in game play mode, or character creation.
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Julie J : 27th Jan 2018 at 10:31 PM.
Instead of publicly calling my meshes borked - would have been nice if someone contacted me about the problem and I may have been able to fix it.
Also the item isn't shared at MTS or on any MTS related site.
If you consider it a minor problem why post about it here one of the main forums rather than contact me privately.

Works fine for me - if any others report it (within the correct manner), I'll take a look again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julie J
Instead of publicly calling my meshes borked - would have been nice if someone contacted me about the problem and I may have been able to fix it.
Also the item isn't shared at MTS or on any MTS related site.
If you consider it a minor problem why post about it here one of the main forums rather than contact me privately.

Works fine for me - if any others report it (within the correct manner), I'll take a look again.

There's no way to contact you on your website.
That was the first thing i tried doing.

Your last post dates back to november 2017 so i has assumed you were inactive.
I can confirm that the hair mesh is glitchy in gameplay and in CAS.
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Julie J : 28th Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM.
I moved away from wordpress over to tumblr last year most people contact me there even about items on the old wordpress blog.
If there is a problem it will be only a small scalp issue that's easily fixed - little things can happen to any creator.

And simmer22 I do use the original Maxis scalps and you should know better the amount of times I've defended you in the past.

Edit: I've fixed it, some bones were assigned to the neck on the scalp. There is some clipping around the edges of the hair not the scalp on some movement.

Link is here

Anyone in future, if there's a problem with a mesh, please let me know so I can fix. If you're not on tumblr you can always message here, Sims Cave or at GoS.