Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:04 AM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 9th Feb 2016 at 6:54 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Put leftovers away" option disappeared from food menu
My game was running fine until i downloaded a whole lot of food to be baked in my home business bakery. At some stage after this, when someone cooked something (anything - and not through the make many option, just regular cooking) the option to put leftovers away disappeared, and instead only options available are "call to meal", "clean up", "resume cooking" (meal is cooked and served already) and sometimes "grab a plate". If i select resume cooking, they go to the counter and say "huh?" with the counter in their thought bubble. Also, all plates are unselectable once finished with, cant even delete them in buy mode though sims can autonomously clean up most of them.

I also have an indian restaurant running as a home business in another house in the street. In order to make it a restaurant i had to change it to a community lot, buy the cooking range and podium, and then change it back to residential. It has worked fine (after i deleted the chef and the hostess so my sims could run the place). Dont know if this eventually broke it. i had to move the family out of their home as they were experiencing the above issues too.

Of course i have removed the downloaded food, changed the fridge, removed my hacks, then the whole downloads folder, then tried another house, then another neighbourhood, then a brand new neighbourhood, then a maxis neighbourhood, then removed EA Games folder from my documents and generated a whole new game. Ive removed the cache file and those other files that are generated. NO LUCK. It still happens.

I have all EPs (no stuff packs installed) and game is patched.

What ever have I done? I dont really want to reinstall. Id rather work out what has happened. Thanks for taking a look.

ETA: i was finally able to click on the empty serving plate and got "put away leftovers"???
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 5:55 AM
Help please!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 8:52 AM
You didn't change the lots zoning while the family lived on the lot did you? That's a very bad thing to do. You must move them out, change zoning, place objects, change zoning back and move the sims back in.
It already sounds like you did all the testing.

Did any installation files change the date? So showing a recent date?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:39 PM
It's not a custom fridge is it? If a custom fridge isn't updated for the EP that introduced leftovers then you won't get the option.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 2:21 PM
You need to create a test hood and take out all that new food and try it there to see if it works.

If it does work then place 1 at a time the new food until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Maybe the HCDU can help here for 2 of them may be clashing. http://www.simwardrobe.com/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Site Helper
#6 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:38 PM
The 50/50 search method would work better than testing one at a time if you have more than about 4 custom foods.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 9:10 PM
They already removed their entire downloads folder,which didn't fix the issue, it's not a simple cc problem.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's not a custom fridge is it? If a custom fridge isn't updated for the EP that introduced leftovers then you won't get the option.

No, its a fridge from the game, all game fridges do it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You need to create a test hood and take out all that new food and try it there to see if it works.

If it does work then place 1 at a time the new food until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Maybe the HCDU can help here for 2 of them may be clashing. http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Done all that. Even created new EA games folder with no cc. Still have the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The 50/50 search method would work better than testing one at a time if you have more than about 4 custom foods.

I did this method early on in testing, and found it wasnt a mod or a hack problem as the problem persists with no cc at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You didn't change the lots zoning while the family lived on the lot did you? That's a very bad thing to do. You must move them out, change zoning, place objects, change zoning back and move the sims back in.
It already sounds like you did all the testing.

Did any installation files change the date? So showing a recent date?

Lot zoning was done before family moved in.

Do you mean the installation files of the game, not the ones in the My Documents/EA Games folder? I will check.

Is there any file I should be looking for in particular?
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 11:30 AM
If I understand correctly, you deleted the chef and the hostess that come with the podium and the cooker, which is supposed to be a very bad thing to do. On the other hand, it's supposed to corrupt only the current neighborhood, not the entire game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vattuflickan
If I understand correctly, you deleted the chef and the hostess that come with the podium and the cooker, which is supposed to be a very bad thing to do. On the other hand, it's supposed to corrupt only the current neighborhood, not the entire game.

hmm perhaps it borked my whole game? I cant remember now if the problem started before or after i killed off these characters. I think i will do a reinstall and test that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:51 AM
SOLVED! It was Numenor's "Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves" hack that was causing the problem. Once removed, leftovers could be put away. I see from that thread that a couple of people had the same issue, but perhaps not everyone??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:14 AM
You mentioned that you were having the problem with no custom content too; does that mean that the issue persisted in a savegame even after the mod was removed?
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 12:52 PM
From the way it's being talked about, I'd bet that it goes in the installation folder.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 2:55 PM
Theorist
#18 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:09 PM
Removing CC food is a bad thing too, isn't it? Also, re-installing isn't necessary, from what I've seen mentioned numerous times.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:15 PM
Removing CC food is bad in the sense that sims can have it as a favourite food. However, you can give them another favourite food with the bat box.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
SOLVED! It was Numenor's "Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves" hack that was causing the problem. Once removed, leftovers could be put away. I see from that thread that a couple of people had the same issue, but perhaps not everyone??

I have this hack and I do not have a problem with putting away leftovers (or talking to plants for that matter), I do have a few other Mods that have to do with Leftovers as well. MogHughson's putaway_leftowvers set and MogHughson's simply-leftovers both of which load before Numenor's.

My game is running quite well as far as I can tell with these Mods.