Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 9:08 PM
Default Relatable things in the game that you didn't notice
Okay so there are stuff in the Sims games i don't really pay much attention to. But once something relatable happens in real life, it flashes in my mind. I found it odd when I saw ''bad food because of an inferior refrigator'' I was like okay it's possible but not really likely to happen. Several years later, I moved to dorm. And never have I ever appreciated this game more. Heck yes, everything here is bad quality compared to my house. I put my food in the fridge and when I get it back to eat, my face gets this dissatisfied expression. Oh yeah I had to share this since our lovely refrigator has ruined the taste of chocolate cake to me.

Anything relatable you've discovered in the game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 2:14 AM
Sure. Such as how fresh and clean I now feel every time I change my clothes (but do nothing else hygiene related). Too Much Information?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 3:54 AM
Flushing a questionable toilet and being relieved when it works

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Elynda : 25th Sep 2016 at 12:23 PM.
Naturally, me being English, it's the rain! Seems like everytime either I, in real life, or one of my sims steps outside the door it rains. It wasn't raining before we went out, it doesn't start whilst we are out, it starts as we go out. Obviously I exaggerate, but that's the way it seems.

Having said that, we've had an unusually fine summer where I live (probably because I decided not go anywhere for my holiday this year but stay in to write) but there has also been a correspondingly long dry spell in Riverblossom Hills too. Well whilst I was playing yesterday it finally started raining there and quite heavily. I should have taken that as a warning! It was raining as I left for work, just a light drizzle at first, but when I left work it was hammering down. Then my bus failed to show up and I ended up trudging four miles through driving rain, in the dark (I work evenings) and splashing through four inch deep puddles. When I got home I was imagining myself with one of those 'soaked' buffs, and a big red plumbob over my head. I was not a happy 'sim'! How I wished I could just step into the shower, do a quick twirl, and have clean, fresh dry clothes in an instant!

Sims don't know how lucky they are!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 5:02 PM
For me rain is the unrelatable part! I keep struggling with the Tempest mod to turn off summer rain and it still rains nearly every summer day in every Sims 3 world I have played. Living where I do, where rain occurs at most three times in a normal 5-month summer, it's almost as jolting as the relentlessly green landscape. Especially after the last five years or so, where even the winter rains have been frighteningly scarce...also, in my real world, people get excited when it rains. "Do you think the drought is over?" they ask. "What does the river/reservoir look like now?" Sims only barely notice the rain.

What is relatable, though, is seeing all those sims dressed in shorts and sandals and little t-shirts no matter the weather--I swear there's people in my real-life hometown who don't own anything warmer/dryer than a hoodie, and not necessarily because their rent is too high to buy clothes (though it's a possibility).
Alchemist
#6 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 7:59 PM
When teen witches try to use magic to cheat on their homework, and it blows up in their face instead.

Of course it's not true to reality, but I'd totally have tried it if I had magical powers

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 12:43 PM
That wonderful feeling of cleanliness upon taking a nice bath. I don't have a moodlet, but I might slap a 'squeaky clean moodlet' sticker on my clothes!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
When teen witches try to use magic to cheat on their homework, and it blows up in their face instead.

Of course it's not true to reality, but I'd totally have tried it if I had magical powers

Wait... what? Magic to cheat on homework? I've never seen that option. Do tell me more.
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Wait... what? Magic to cheat on homework? I've never seen that option. Do tell me more.

It's not an "active" option/interaction. Witch teens will sometimes try to use magic when doing their homework, I think with a sly expression on their face (it's been a while since I've zoomed in on sims while playing). I don't know if they can succeed at it, but when they fail the homework blows up in their face and they get the Singed moodlet and appearance :D

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:02 PM
Oh yeah, I sometimes enter a room, wander around, and wonder what I'm really doing, while spacing out and staring at the wall. My action queue gets canceled when this happens, I guess.

Sometimes my action queue gets messed up too IRL. I wash my hands, put food to my plate, wash my hands again, open soy sauce bottle, wash my hands again, and eat. I don't like when my hands get stained, and I'm too lazy to reorder my action queue, making myself have to go back and forth to wash hands. .

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#11 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:14 PM
All the relatable things in my game are things I've noticed before.
Namely, growling and stomping and sulking over being woken up. That animation has always had a special place in my heart, even in Sims 1. I am the grumpiest of risers. During my teen years, mom was scared to wake me up for school because I'd instantly be furious until about 20 minutes after I was up. I've mellowed out since then, but I'm still grumpy for the first hour or so out of bed, and grumpier still if I was woken rather than woke up on my own.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 10:53 PM
Although I don't relate to it personally as I have no children and am too young to be a grandma, my main sim is a vampire meant to be 2,002 but physically 22 years old who has 6 husbands who died between the 17th century and 2010, and they therefore are all YAS. She and 2 of the husbands have an adult son and teenage daughter meant to be 31 and 16 (therefore a YA and teen) whom are both married with children, and both times her daughter and daughter-in-law have given birth in game, she and her husbands (who died at age 38 in 1700 and in his 20's in 1952) all have gotten memories of becoming grandparents and "not feeling old enough," which I guess makes sense given the fact they're YAS who are still having babies themselves and have a YA son and teen daughter who have given them grandchildren, my second cousin is 19 and just had a baby and has a mother in her 30's, almost 13 year old brother, grandmother (my aunt) in her 50's and great grandma (my grandma) in her late 70's and I assume they're having the same reaction.
Alchemist
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 1:58 PM
Planning a super awesome family day at the park on the rare occasion when everyone has a free schedule...and it rains.

Site Helper
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:23 PM
In Sims 2 (I don't have Sims 3 Seasons so I don't know if it's still there or not)
It's Snowing!!! Go to the window and watch the snow fall....
Rain has a similar effect if we're on the verge of a drought. Yes, it's a bit annoying when your sim stops cooking to complain of being hungry, then leaves the food to catch fire on the stove in order to watch the snow fall, but I have the same fascination with watching snow fall out of a cloud and swirl to the ground, especially when it (or rain) drifts through the light of a streetlight and sparkles in the darkness.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 6:35 AM
That 'awwww kitty' moodlet! My cat gave birth to kittens and I was on that moodlet all day round!
Alchemist
#16 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lulu_c
That 'awwww kitty' moodlet! My cat gave birth to kittens and I was on that moodlet all day round!

My cat is 16 yrs old and I still "awwww kitty" at him.... /Shame

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:22 AM
Pets getting repeatedly underfoot or in the way. #ferretthuglife
(They also seem to sense when a sim goes into autonomous mode and when I'm not looking zerg rush their cue bar.)

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:13 AM
When in the streets you go near someone who stinks, you really see the stinky moodlet hovering on them! Ugh
Forum Resident
#19 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pillowkitty6
Pets getting repeatedly underfoot or in the way. #ferretthuglife

This, so much this. Especially cats, but especially dogs but especially cats. It drives me crazy and whenever I want to turn on moveobjects on and plop them outside, I stop myself because whether by accident or not, EA got this part so right. So instead I just shoo them or scold them for an unrelated reason which I considered to be my (Cartman voice) "damnit kitty, move!!" action.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 2:11 AM
@olomaya Both my sims' cat (shy) and the large dog (aggressive) are only occasionally bothersome when they cue to growl at or hiss. The small dog though with the friendly trait is ALWAYS underfoot. He'll cue greet sim when any of my human sims comes home from work. Then stalk them.

My real life ferrets are a step up above the sims. (I'm really hoping NOT to see them in future pets expansions as they are an entire lifestyle change to own and not for everyone, nor are they small pets you keep in a cage all day) They are smart enough to know EXACTLY where I am going and meet me in front of doors to rooms they aren't allowed in. Have to remove them from the kitchen if we are cooking as they are the most suicidal little animals in existence. Our place is next level baby proofed, but they still find ways to surprise us! One made it into the large knife drawer once, thankfully he wasn't hurt.

Staying on subject umbrellas feeling like a novelty. Taking ages to open and close. Wondering if its better to just go without them for the speed of getting in and out. Had two of my sims struggle to woohoo publicly in the gypsy wagon due to the umbrellas messing up the cue. Took me 3 attempts.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 8:25 PM
Relatable things in the game that you didn't notice

Well, there's this thing, but I didn't notice it... so... uh... yeah.

Edit: But it's relatable tho'.
Alchemist
#22 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 4:53 PM
Sometimes mistaking university professors for students. Seriously, I've had professors so young, and fellow students so old, that it was easy to confuse one for the other. IIRC professors don't have a tooltip saying "Jane Smith, Professor", so the only way to single them out is to interact with them (they have some special interactions like "Ask about Grade" or something).

Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 3:09 AM
Hmmmm... I guess, the interactions under "Friendly" menu. In real life people tend to like you more if you are genuinely interested in them and encourage them to talk themselves rather than talking abut yourself all the time. In Sims 3 it seems to work, too. In my experience, the best way to have a successful conversation with a stranger sims and to befriend them fast is to "Ask about Alma Mater" , "Ask about the job" , " Ask about the day", as well as to chat about the weather. On the other hand, options like "Share a secret" , " talk about [insert your sims's interest/hobby here]", or "Brag about the house" can make the sim you've approached just walk away. However, if your sim shares a mutual trait with the new acquaintance, discussing this interest gives relationship boost, and if one sim is employed, while another is jobless, their relationship meter drops. Again, it is relevant to real life: mutual interests make people get close, job is a sensitive topic for the unemployed (they're ashamed of their status, or just desperate because of long-time job seeking with no success; however, the latter doesn't apply for sims world where you can get almost any job just by going to a specific rabbit hole).
Theorist
#24 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 12:57 PM
Once a sim I created was so poor he had to live in a house with no wallpaper. To my surprise, he got a moodlet from it, the name of which I fail to remember, but it was about being uncomfortable without wallpaper. That felt really relatable. While I have wallpaper, it's so old and looks so bad that I find myself constantly in this uncomfortable bad-wallpaper moodlet when I'm in my room.

"Shy" is another relatable moodlet. I am that, half the time. And another half the time I'm a "loner". It's interesting that this game acknowledges the difference. Basically sometimes I may theoretically want to socialize, but only with pleasant people (preferably those I know), and sometimes I don't want to socialize at all, for weeks on end. The two indeed are very different moods.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 10:41 PM
Moodlets in general! I often get that picture of the 'stressed out' moodlet in my head when workload piles up. It's very fitting.
Also, my sims are so whimsical, I can really relate to that... "I know I should be doing X right now, but let's go to the park and travel to China!" Me in a nutshell xD

omnis mundi creatura