Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 3:19 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 4th Oct 2016 at 12:35 AM.
Default Wal-mart - Treating employees like crap
Okay I know this may be long winded and off topic, but please read as my family need help and I have nowhere else to turn, we are not asking for hand outs or anything like that, we have never taken them, we just need some help dealing with a mega corporation.

Well it looks like Wal-Mart is trying to murder my father, a hard working life long member of the local volunteer fire department among many other things he has to be proud of in his life.

The Walton family may be worth as much as the bottom 42% of tax payers combined, but for them it is not enough.

About 12 years ago my dad caught a virus that damaged his heart, he had to have a transplant five years ago in order to stay alive and the only way to pay for the anti-rejection drugs he needs daily is through the insurance at my mom's work, she works in the return department at Wal-Mart. Now the computer decides what can and can't be returned to the store, not my mom. Now directly above my mom is something called a CSM, now one day one of these CSM's brought in a return that the computer would not let my mother return, so my mother called for a manager to okay it, but the CSM refused to wait and now she is making my mom's life a living hell at work and trying to force her to quit, and management and corporate are backing up the CSM.

This CSM is continuing her personal grudge over this matter by doing such things as forcing my mom to take returns that are not allowed, and then placing the blame on her, she is refusing to allow the store to cash money orders for my mom, and forcing her to work unpaid overtime. There is nothing my mom can do about it because corporate, refuses to do a thing, unions are not allowed in Wal-Mart, and Delaware is a fire at will state where there is no such thing as wrongful termination, and even if there was with no government programs to pay for Anti-rejection drugs, my dad would be dead by the time anything went through, so she can't complain to anyone and she can't do anything about their treatment of her, because they will fire her on the spot. She is coming home in tears and is stressed out all the time. All because her choice are either put up with this treatment where she has no right or to murder my father, that shouldn't be a choice anyone has to make.

Please join me in boycotting Wal-Mart store 1741 in Milford Delaware The law may have no power here any more, but money talks and if the store loses enough money over this or it becomes a scandal, then this will be the cheapest way for corporate to deal with the problem, please help my family, we have nowhere else to turn.

This is a thing of pure evil. Holding people's relatives at gun point and forcing them to choose between being treated like a member of the human race and stressing them out to the point of panic attacks, and seeing their relatives die a slow and painful death after a life time of putting their lives on the line for the very same people, should not be a choice anyone has to make in a truly civilized country.

Also please call your Congressman and ask that a bill be passed that will cause the government to start paying for anti-rejection drugs for people who are not born rich, my dad has done everything the doctors have asked, from eating right to exercising even when he comes home completely beat and he has served the community for over 30 years, he doesn't deserve this treatment and there should be a way around it. Organ transplants shouldn't just be for the rich.

I know this is long winded and off topic, but please we need help.

Thank you for your time.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:55 PM
I wish I could do more but being in Australia makes things difficult. I will certainly pray for your family however.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I wish I could do more but being in Australia makes things difficult. I will certainly pray for your family however.

Thanks that means a lot to me, I know Wal-Mart isn't all over the world but I needed to vent and do something, thanks for listening and praying, it really does mean a lot and I will not forget it.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:42 AM
While we can sympathize with your cause, we are not going to allow listing names and phone numbers.

I'd suggest your mom contact the Inspector General of the US Department of Labor. It is illegal to force unpaid overtime.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
While we can sympathize with your cause, we are not going to allow listing names and phone numbers.

I'd suggest your mom contact the Inspector General of the US Department of Labor. It is illegal to force unpaid overtime.

Okay, I understand, sorry.

Other people have tried this but because Delaware is a fire at will state they fire anyone who does it, and the case take years to work it's way to the federal level, that bankrupts anyone who tries it, and for my family if my mom gets fired my dad dies some time the next month, so that isn't an option for us. There are not any charities or government programs that pay for anit-rejection drugs, so that would be it for us, the drugs cost $40000 a month on their own, we have less then $1 in the bank and only have internet because my dad needs it for work, I am going without my meds that I need to focus and try to get a job, and I eat one slice of bread a day because that is all the food we can afford. The foodbanks and foodstamps refuse to help because they say without the medical bills my family would be fine, so they can't help.

I have found a way to reduce my family's bills, I have decided to end my pointless life. All I am doing is draining my parents money from other things they need it for more and I will never be a productive member of society, so the non selfish thing to do is stop being yet another thing for my parents to worry about and pay for and not expect other hard working tax payers to pay the way of someone who is so worthless he should have been aborted before he was born so he didn't cause everyone all this trouble and cost people money in the first place. I am completely at peace with this choice and there is nothing anyone can say to talk me out of it. It is the only unselfish thing i will have ever done in my life and truthfully if I was thinking about my family's best interest I should have done it two decades ago.

Thank you all for your friendship and support, I am going now. Goodbye.

My PC specs.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 3:56 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Oct 2016 at 4:18 AM.
I'm going to assume you're somewhere around 20-30ish? Unless you already have a job - how about getting a job for yourself and help out that way (if a job is available)? That would probably be a whole lot more hepful than what you implied with your last comment. Also, suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can do in regards to their family. You'll only add on to their worries, not help them. I don't think the sorrow and/or depression that would follow such a decision would in any way help your dad's case (and by the way, funerals and all that can cost a fortune - which certainly won't help your family). It's better to do something sensible about the situation, like getting a job.

People are also very helpful these days - things like gofundme campaigns and whatnots, or getting help from the community if possible. Pretty much anything is better.

As for staying in an unforgiving job - if I were him, I'd look around for a better job, where they take better care of coworkers. If possible, of course. Probably depends on available jobs, but also age and all that. If there are other options, there's nothing worse than staying in a job where you're not appreciated.

Also, the medical funding system in your country must be really screwed up, if life-saving, life-long, expensive drugs must be completely funded out of the patient's own pockets. Isn't there some kind of minimal health insurance or somesuch that comes with having a job? I keep seeing that "have a job, get health insurance" thing in US TV series, so perhaps that's a thing with some jobs. Or maybe it's just a TV thing, I don't know...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Okay, I understand, sorry.

Other people have tried this but because Delaware is a fire at will state they fire anyone who does it, and the case take years to work it's way to the federal level, that bankrupts anyone who tries it, and for my family if my mom gets fired my dad dies some time the next month, so that isn't an option for us. There are not any charities or government programs that pay for anit-rejection drugs, so that would be it for us, the drugs cost $40000 a month on their own, we have less then $1 in the bank and only have internet because my dad needs it for work, I am going without my meds that I need to focus and try to get a job, and I eat one slice of bread a day because that is all the food we can afford. The foodbanks and foodstamps refuse to help because they say without the medical bills my family would be fine, so they can't help.

I have found a way to reduce my family's bills, I have decided to end my pointless life. All I am doing is draining my parents money from other things they need it for more and I will never be a productive member of society, so the non selfish thing to do is stop being yet another thing for my parents to worry about and pay for and not expect other hard working tax payers to pay the way of someone who is so worthless he should have been aborted before he was born so he didn't cause everyone all this trouble and cost people money in the first place. I am completely at peace with this choice and there is nothing anyone can say to talk me out of it. It is the only unselfish thing i will have ever done in my life and truthfully if I was thinking about my family's best interest I should have done it two decades ago.

Thank you all for your friendship and support, I am going now. Goodbye.

Edit: Link probably isn't the best way to help.
Look, I know what you feel like. You feel like a burden. You feel like you bring nothing but hate to the world and that your family deserves to be free from whatever problems you bring them. I've felt like that before. But consider their lives- consider the times you've made them smile and how much you care about them, not the times you've made them upset. You're mother is going through a stressful time right now, it seems- her reaction to her child's death isn't going to be "oh, gee, that's a load off my back!". It'll tear her apart.

Even if you were right about your family, no one is worthless. You're the only person who will ever see this world through your eyes.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 5:25 PM
@EvilMcNastySim2015 I promised myself I was going to stay away from this site, but I just had to say something to you again. Anyway, killing yourself is not the answer. I felt like absolute garbage for quite a while, so many times I just wanted to die and end my suffering. I took a knife and put it to my wrist a few times thinking I would just end it all, but luckily for me I just didn't have the courage. I still live with my parents, and I constantly feel that I'm nothing but a burden to them. Killing yourself is NOT the best way for you to help your family, if you do that then you're only making things worse for your family and obviously you aren't helping yourself either.

I've said all of this before, but just look at my life. I'm 33 years old with no job, and I haven't had one in over 10 years. I have no money at all, so I can't do a damn thing for myself. I have no car, which means combined with having no money that means I'm stuck sitting in this hell 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I'm not sure I have any real friends outside of the internet anymore, those that I thought were my friends outside of the internet don't say a damn thing to me anymore. I still live with my parents, which yeah that's just wonderful at 33 isn't it? I probably need to see a doctor, but with no job no money and no insurance I can't do that. I sit here all the time and wonder why I'm even alive still, but I know suicide isn't the answer to this.

You want an example of how things can turn around? Well here you go, this is going to be long. I have one thing right now in my life that keeps me going at all, one thing that truly makes me happy. A very good friend of mine that I met here on MTS suggested a site to me called A Lonely Life, so I registered there and started posting. Within maybe a couple of days I get a message from a girl wanting to talk, she saw my user image (which is the same one I use here, the logo for a band called HIM) and decided to say something because she also likes that same band. She ended up sending me a request on Skype and we used the text to chat for quite a long time, and we discovered that we have quite a bit in common. The day after that she didn't say anything so I started to wonder, but then after that we started to talk again. Since then we've talked every single day with either text, voice or video chat. We use almost nothing but video chat now, and talk for several hours every day. Well what started off as a fast friendship has turned into something much more than that. She has very quickly become someone extremely important in my life, someone that I can honestly say that I'm in love with. She has changed everything for me when it comes to my depression, it's like the depression is gone now and it's all because of her. I was also having serious troubles sleeping before meeting her, now I sleep just fine because I have something positive to think about while falling asleep. She lives in the UK which means I have to find a way for us to be together, but I don't care I'll do whatever it takes.

So you see, life is odd. One day you may go from just feeling completely miserable and wanting to die, to suddenly finding something that gives you a reason to keep going on. Don't give up, get out there and try finding that reason to go on! Hell you know what, this message is really long but I'm not done. I'll tell you how things came to be this way for me.

I got my original computer back around 2001 or 2002. It came with the original Sims game, and after playing it I was hooked. Eventually I bought some expansions and had lots of fun with it. After Sims 2 came out a good friend of mine that I met at work (when I actually had a job that is) had the game with Open for Business, but he didn't really like it so he gave it to me. I became hooked on that as well, so I eventually bought a few expansions. I eventually discovered this site, and at the time I only registered just to download. Then I slowly started posting on the forums, and started to feel comfortable doing it. I felt so comfortable with it that when my depression hit me I felt comfortable enough to post about it here, that resulted in me talking to quite a few people some of which I consider great friends now. As I said before, one of those friends suggested that Lonely Life site, and that has had a major impact on my depression.

So you see I found something in my life that gives me a reason to want to live, but the process that lead to it happening took years. If not for getting that computer, and if not for getting hooked on The Sims I may not be here right now. Also if not for this site I may not be here right now, so many things have lead to this happening and it's not like things just suddenly happened overnight. It took years for this to happen, but just when I seemed to need it most it seems like I was given exactly what I needed to want to keep going with my life. Don't get me wrong though, everything else in my life completely sucks there is no denying that, but I have a reason to want to keep going now. Everybody needs a reason to live, you just need to find yours, and you won't find it if you just give up.

One last thing, a quote that I absolutely love

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 7:34 PM
If every thing is true and she has any witnesses then get a lawyer and sue the pants off of them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#10 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If every thing is true and she has any witnesses then get a lawyer and sue the pants off of them.

Nah, you just have to have the lawyer contact corporate and they'll notice something's going on. At that point they'll decide whether some guy making threats to boycott the store and sue the corporation means firing everyone involved with him and being done entirely with the family is better than firing a manager who does sound like a dick, but who they've presumably got training costs invested in.

Honestly? The best thing to do is to do the opposite of what you're doing now. Erase this thread, hope it's not been spidered and cached for all eternity, calm the fuck down with mighty deep breaths, plaster a smile on your face, and keep on trying to contact corporate in the most pleasant, reasonable way possible. Be the nice, non-aggressive, persistent, consistent, documented person who's got the company on their side against the mean ole' manager person, because people want to help you because gosh darn golly you're just good people.

Monolithically large corporations don't move quickly most of the time, but if you can make some sort of inroad with on a personal level with a manager in Arkansas you'll likely find that when they do move they're really brash. But you've got to make absolutely certain they're moving for you and not against you. Calling for actions from the public against the company is not that way. That's the wrong way. That's the way they flag people and even if you nominally "win" you find yourself never, ever advancing again. You get "made to quit" because you're a troublemaker. Large organizations do not reward threats against them. A lawyer might be able to fix this by way of a friendly, neutral tone letter that catches their attention without pissing them off, but you're just as likely to be able to do it yourself with the "smile, even if you want to punch their stupid face in" method. Be calm, not hysterical. Be friendly, not confrontational or accusing. When you must accuse, do not sound petulant or wounded. Be reasonable and informative.

This will work with Walmart, the IRS, the judge you're in front of with your life in their hands, your commanding officer, the President, and foreign nations. Big organizations are all the same. More flies with honey, that's your mantra for now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:28 PM
Thanks for all your help and advice. I had to take a day or so break from the internet but now I am fine. I am looking for work but with no highspeed and a movement disorder that keeps me from driving a car I even got turned down by the local chicken killing plant, that was an all time low for me, but I am still looking.

On the plus side i did channel my frustration into doing something to take my mind off of things and I made three new Sims 3 videos that i put on Youtube, if you want to see them let me know and i will post a link.

Thanks for supporting me and putting up with my manic depression. I am seeing my shrink tomorrow and will be talking about getting on some new meds to see if that will help. Thanks again.

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 5:28 PM
Oh what the heck, here are the videos if anyone is interested. At least them something fun and positive can come out of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rET4OHogIj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOKv4LDCaPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RH34PhlPnc

My PC specs.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93

That won't work. She'll get fired the second Wal- Mart learns about the lawyer. And I suppose as a regular person you cannot win against Wal-Mart in the US. The keep going untiol you're completely out of money. They'd destroy you. And believe me, I'm noone to give in easily. I'm already planning my legal steps in the event my professor won't manage to grade my paper on time.
Anything that could work in this case is publicity. Anonymous publicity, because the mom would lose her job, when Wal-Mart sees she's doing a campaign against them. You need to try the media. If there is an article or a documentary at some point published, I'd be happy to share it.
Theorist
#14 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 12:42 PM
I'm sorry your family is dealing with this. I'm older than a lot of you and have to say employment (see my rant) is not the same as it was 30 years ago. When I was just out of high school I worked in an office and was treated somewhat well. Companies used to value their employees. As the years have gone on and I earned my degrees I found that education doesn't make you more respected in this employment climate. Neither does hard work. My husband works v. hard and is constantly "promised" a raise (rise) but the boss doesn't come through. He is now doing the job of 3 people and told "deal with it." Companies use people like fodder then say "Screw you." No wonder young people can't give their lives to find a crap job. Why should you? I agree with the OP that we employees are also consumers. I always say if you have a bad job interview vote with your dollars and avoid a place or their products. Good luck to you.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I'm sorry your family is dealing with this. I'm older than a lot of you and have to say employment (see my rant) is not the same as it was 30 years ago. When I was just out of high school I worked in an office and was treated somewhat well. Companies used to value their employees. As the years have gone on and I earned my degrees I found that education doesn't make you more respected in this employment climate. Neither does hard work. My husband works v. hard and is constantly "promised" a raise (rise) but the boss doesn't come through. He is now doing the job of 3 people and told "deal with it." Companies use people like fodder then say "Screw you." No wonder young people can't give their lives to find a crap job. Why should you? I agree with the OP that we employees are also consumers. I always say if you have a bad job interview vote with your dollars and avoid a place or their products. Good luck to you.

Yeah my mom and dad both say the same thing, that when they first started working in the late 70s, things were completely different and the companies saw their employees as an investment and knew that good employees give good customer service and that keeps people coming back, so they wanted their employees happy. Now companies seem perfectly happy to screw over the customer and then act shocked when people stop coming into their business, so they don't care if the employees are happy or feel safe in their jobs, because they don't care how they treat the customers.

That is just sad if you ask me

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flauschschlange
That won't work. She'll get fired the second Wal- Mart learns about the lawyer. And I suppose as a regular person you cannot win against Wal-Mart in the US. The keep going untiol you're completely out of money. They'd destroy you. And believe me, I'm noone to give in easily. I'm already planning my legal steps in the event my professor won't manage to grade my paper on time.
Anything that could work in this case is publicity. Anonymous publicity, because the mom would lose her job, when Wal-Mart sees she's doing a campaign against them. You need to try the media. If there is an article or a documentary at some point published, I'd be happy to share it.

That is what I plan to do, Wal-Mart fires anyone on the spot who even talks to the department of labor or a union, and as i said even if we won by the time we did my dad would be dead, so it isn't an option. So instead without using her name I am working on documenting their mistreatment of her and myself and using social media and the local news media to put pressure on them, it just may take me a few months to put everything together.

Thanks you all for your help and support.

My PC specs.