Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 5:19 PM Last edited by Persian : 16th Mar 2016 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Viewing Package Files *SOLVED*
So I am thinking I want to spend the next few days categorizing all my sims 3 clothing. I know a program to use to do that with but........It doesn't allow me to view the package I am working on. Can someone please suggest a working program where I can view the package I am working on? I have some Sims 3 pack files also I will have to "view" Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 9:59 PM
TSR Merlin allows you to view both .sims3pack and .package files. However, you can't modify them.
S3PE and S3OC both allow viewing and editing of .package files.
To convert .sims3packs to .packages, use Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter. If you want to convert store objects, run them through S3RC first.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 6:50 PM
Thanks so much for the help!
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 7:22 PM
You're welcome I really do recommend getting S3PE, though, since you can do a lot of neat things with it (including recategorizing things e.g. enabling an outfit for Outerwear). It also allows you to see files that don't have THUM or ICON resources i.e. the thumbnails that you see in-game. If you have S3PE and the .package lacks those, you can just take a look at the _IMG ones, which contain the texture of the mesh. More often than not, that helps you figure out what file you have!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:26 PM
I am using S3PE to categorize my things. I love the program. I decided the best course was to simply turn my sims 3 packs into package files and use S3PE for everything since I will eventually merge all the package files. I have so many downloads that it's going to be a MONSTER of a job........but it will surely give me something to do for a few days lol.