Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:03 AM
Default 4 Recolorable channels Tshirt Mesh
Ok I made a tshirt pack a while back

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411192

Now I want to creat a new, bigger and better pack...

I want to use more complex designs, and I want to maximize the amount of customizing for the end users...

Basically I can't find how to make the mesh accept the 4th channel...

I know you have to make it with the alpha and all the mumbojumbo...

I just don't seem to be able to switch the 4th channel on in CTU...

I'm using: amTopTshirtTightUntuck

So I enable and press "commit"
But still I can't do anything with it...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:46 PM
have you tried saving it then closing CTU, then opening it up again? I know that's what you have to do to get new meshes to show up.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:37 PM
If you dont get it to work clone a 4 color fullbody outfit and set it to top, fix the textures(also the partmask) and attache the amtopmeshes to it.
I never managed to get it working with CTU, only the way i explained.
Inventor
#4 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:15 PM
Is the fourth channel in the Mask texture? 4th channel is controlled by the alpha channel you set in your graphic editor.
Sometimes it's hard to get it right, try to experiment a little. I never uncheck "3 Channel RGB", not sure if that affects, but it works for me :P
Once you got it, go to "Browse Pattern" or it would not work in CAS, also copy all the missing data ("Tiling" dissapears most of the times)
Hopes this helps ^-^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:06 AM Last edited by XJonasX : 1st Sep 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
have you tried saving it then closing CTU, then opening it up again? I know that's what you have to do to get new meshes to show up.

Hmm, I tried this, didn't work! Thanks for the tip though! Could've worked...

Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
If you dont get it to work clone a 4 color fullbody outfit and set it to top, fix the textures(also the partmask) and attache the amtopmeshes to it.
I never managed to get it working with CTU, only the way i explained.

Hmm, this sounds like it might work, but I'm gonna have to spend some time figuring out HOW to do it, I normally don't mess around with meshes

*EDIT*
It worked, wasn't half as hard as I expected! Thanks!

I didn't use a full body outfit, I used the one with a bodywarmer, worked just as well!

A fully recolorable shirt design

*EDIT*EDIT*

Didn't look so good ingame as it did in CAS Might have to try the whole thing again...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
I never uncheck "3 Channel RGB", not sure if that affects, but it works for me :P
Once you got it, go to "Browse Pattern" or it would not work in CAS, also copy all the missing data ("Tiling" dissapears most of the times)

This works for me also. If you don't go to Browse Pattern, it will revert back to what it was or whatever C pattern is (at least that's what it does to me).

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 8:56 AM Last edited by XJonasX : 4th Sep 2010 at 9:12 AM.

So far, no good...

Could anyone just please get me the mesh

Adult and or Teen male

amTopTshirtTightUntuck

with 4 channels unlocked?
I'm clearly no good at this, I could've made a lot of stuff in the time I wasted on this...

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 2:41 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Sep 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added tm package
Did it - package is below with my test layer mask. Didn't have to touch the mesh at all.

1. Run CTU and find the clothing.
2. Go to Designs tab and add new blank design
3. In Patterns tab, enable Patterns B and C. Pattern D will be grayed out.
4. In Textures tab, highlight Mask TGI, and click replace, load your new RGBA DDS mask. Click Commit. You should see the preview update to show your RGB recolorable areas. The Alpha area won't work yet.
5. Save as a new package. Open new package.
6. In Other tab, change design type from 3 channel to 4 channel, click Commit.
7. In Designs / Patterns tab, go to Pattern D and enable it. Copy the Key, Name, Filename, and Tiling fields from any of the other patterns.
8. Save package and reopen it again.
9. Make sure all four of your Patterns are working now. Set them to what you want and add more designs if needed.
10. Save, put in mods folder, and test in game.

Edit: added tm package as well.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  amtop_tshirt_4channel.zip (8.4 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  tmtop_tshirt_4channel.zip (8.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 4:42 PM
Can't test right now, i'm on my iphone, but thanks a lot ! You rock, I will try it once more with your guidelines...