Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Motives & Skills Frozen
I was having an issue with loading my game earlier and seemed to find whatever the issue was as I'm now able to load my game just fine. But when I play I noticed (I think this was happening before the previous issue and I just didn't notice) that the motives are not moving. They all started almost full and stayed there. My skills are also not increasing.
I tried the mailbox method of making motives static then back to dynamic. I tried testingcheatsenabled true then resetsim. I also tried resetting sim with Master Controller. I tried moving the sim to another lot then moving it back then resetting it again. All nothing. Nothing has worked. All of my sims have this problem including the dog. When I reset the sim it's motives would go down a bit but then go back up. Except energy stays low but still doesn't change. I can move the motives up and down with my cursor and then fill them back up by fulfilling the need but then it just stays up.
I also ran all my mods through Sims 3 Dashboard and removed all the ones with issues.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:14 PM
Have you tried resetting the entire town with Master Controller? If it's a problem with another sim stuck somewhere that may fix it, It's worth a try.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:42 PM
If you've got the most recent version of AwesomeMod from a few days ago, then this might be the reason for the problem. There are already some reports at MATY about this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 4:21 PM Last edited by eringobragh22 : 18th Mar 2016 at 5:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
If you've got the most recent version of AwesomeMod from a few days ago, then this might be the reason for the problem. There are already some reports at MATY about this.

Aww man, does that mean I have to delete Awesomemod? I did indeed download it a few days ago. )=

Edit:I just tried resetting the town with MC and city hall and it didn't work so I'm going to try removing Awesomemod for now.

EDIT again:
Went ahead and removed Awesomemod and deleted all my cache files. I also deleted some random files that appeared the other day (ScriptError_DESKTOP-06VV1K4__03-17-2016__05-31-52__69AC6C54) that didn't seem to belong. Though maybe they do because now my game is stuck on the black loading screen. I know deleting cache can make loading the game again slower but it's getting excessive.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 6:29 PM
I have used Awesome Mod since it first came out and I don't have any problems with it. Did you use the config file for it? I make sure that AM doesn't conflict with the commands given my my Nraas mods. (Example: I use Nraas story progression so I have it turned off in AM.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:13 AM
There's a newer version of AwesomeMod now that seems to have fixed the issue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Persian
I have used Awesome Mod since it first came out and I don't have any problems with it. Did you use the config file for it? I make sure that AM doesn't conflict with the commands given my my Nraas mods. (Example: I use Nraas story progression so I have it turned off in AM.)

So, I went and re-downloaded Awesomemod and got the config file as well. Then once for good measure reset all my sims and their skills increase again and their motives do as well though very slowly but I think that's because of Awesomemod which I'm fine with as long as they do go down.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 9:40 PM
There is an option in AM config for motives. Make sure you aren't conflicted with another mod for motives?