Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPe and lifetime wants
Hey there, silly me has aged and de-aged a child... And yeah, I totally forgot that I should not do that.

Anyway, main point: I use ACR, and the lifetime want this child now has is causing trouble with that mod. I know you can delete lifetime wants with SimPe, but I would appreciate if someome could tell me how, since I would hate to skip Beau's crappy childhood to fix the problem. He has yet to suffer poverty like his older brother did.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:50 AM
You could try what Mootilda suggested here http://modthesims.info/t/395165 if the game recognizes her as a child grow up aspiration should be there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:33 AM
Yes, I came across that while I was searching, but it is not what I need. I must remove said lifetime wish, consequence of my stupid mistake xD

I appreciate your answer, though. SimPE tutorials are hard to find
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:05 PM
Open SimPE, open your neighbourhood, go to SimDescription and find your sim. Go to the more tab and open Wants and Fears, click off Wants, Fears and History. If there's a LTW, you should see it there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:51 PM
All right, I know that, but how do I remove it? I fail to see an option.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
All right, I know that, but how do I remove it? I fail to see an option.

Click on the LTW and use the delete button in the top right corner?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:29 PM
to "remove" Lifetime Want::
1. Extract the Wants & Fears resource of a charter that does not have a Lifetime Want.
2. do "replace" on your sim's Wants & Fears resource.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Click on the LTW and use the delete button in the top right corner?

Sorry, I am not a programmer. I only know the basics and whatever I could draw from this site. We probably have different versions or something, because those options are not available for me. In fact, wants and fears are displayed differently in my SimPe, so there is no 'delete button in the top right corner'.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
to "remove" Lifetime Want::
1. Extract the Wants & Fears resource of a charter that does not have a Lifetime Want.
2. do "replace" on your sim's Wants & Fears resource.

Now this sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I barely know how to modify memories, so I had rather not mess up anything. I am not made for this, and I had better sacrifice Beau's childhood than ruin his whole character xD

Thanks to both of you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:48 AM
Do you have the latest version of simPE? I'll take a quick look int here later to see if I can see what they are saying. Most of us are not programmers and SimPE really isn't programing; it can however be very confusing unless you know what you are doing in an area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:56 AM
Oh, it might be because I have advanced options (Advanced Mode) ticked. Try setting that - Extra>Preferences then SimPE Settings - then close down and restart.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:10 PM
Well I tried. SimPE has shut down now twice to a memory exception... so I don't know what is going on there.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:12 PM
I do not know whether it is programming or not, but one mistake and a part of your game, if not its entirety, is doomed. My point came across.

Also, yeah, I tried too and got the same results as you, Jo. I read somewhere that it can be fixed through reinstalling SimPe, and I know it is true, but it is a temporal solution. You will be getting the same mistake by the third time you use the editor
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:26 PM
No your game isn't doomed. You made a back up of your hood before fiddling, right? If you mess up you can always switch out to the back up. Sometimes with SimPE it helps to click once then go do something else instead of watching it and give it lots of time before going back and clicking the next thing. It can be a bit of a prima donna. I may have been hurrying it too much.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:43 PM
Try using the 4 gb patch on it, so it can access more memory.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:41 AM
I also read somewhere that there is patch for M&G, but the site is apparently down.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:42 AM
There's no official patch for M&G but there is a (fan-made) patch to make the game aware of more memory available to it. I'm guessing it's the same thing Gayars mentioned since what you're doing is updating the exe rather than patching the entire game. If you're not sure, make a copy of the exe first before you patch it. Then if it doesn't work you can replace the old copy.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:56 AM
That was the SimPE version from before, the last version is after the M&G Patch, that's the version you should have.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:57 PM
Huh. I was not aware. Another version after M&G? I suppose I will check it out later, whenever I have some me time with my computer. Always thought I had the latest version. I will also try looking again for those patches.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:28 PM
Now I'm confused about what patches you mean. The last version of SimPE is 73.44 QA which is a non-installing version (you run it direct from the files).

Alchemist
#20 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:15 PM
last I checked, the newest version of SimPE was through the main page. and it came only as a zip file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:28 AM
Oh dear

Forgive me, I did not have the lastest version after all. Moderators, feel free to slap me in the face, nape, armpit. Whenever you feel like.

Maxon, did you not mention a memory patch? Because I was referring to that one.

Edit: About SimPE and its latest edition... Could someone more experienced guide me a little? Where should I exactly place the SimPE folder so my game data can load? The official site will not provide me with indications, as it is not working. At least not for me.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Edit: About SimPE and its latest edition... Could someone more experienced guide me a little? Where should I exactly place the SimPE folder so my game data can load? The official site will not provide me with indications, as it is not working. At least not for me.

You can put it anywhere you like. You run it from the exe in the folder.

What I do is keep it in a sims folder and right-click on the exe file and chose 'send to desktop'. This will make a desktop icon for you.

Keep ahold of the zip file too. If SimPE plays up (and it can do), you can simply delete the SimPE folder and re-extract from the zip and everything will work fine again.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:19 AM
I have SimPE installed to D drive program files(x86) But a quick click icon on your desktop will be easier to find.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
Say no more. Problem solved. All of them. Sorry, it never occurred to me that I had the wrong version. Incredible that two years ago I had been playing with an outdated SimPE. Probably why it crashed more often than not?

Anyway, fourty-five minutes and so far so good. A million thanks for your help! Cheers
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:29 AM
Glad to hear that it's fixed.

~Call me Jo~