Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when my sim tries to call anyone.
Title is pretty self explanatory. My game has crashed 5 times on the Dreamer household. The first time was after my sims woohoed automatically due to acr, two times after it was pretty random I had my sim go on a date and I had Dirk go into a committed relationship with Angela pleasant and it crashed again. For the last few times after though I had Dirk try to call a sim and it crashed every single time.

Things I have tried :

-i removed half my cc and did the 50/50 test it still crashes.
-deleted groups and accessories cache. After I did that it won't even give me the warning message bthat my game has crashed anymore it just crashes.

I have not tried testing without acr because I am unsure of how to without leaving a mess. Doesn't it leave behind some rubble and whatnot and therefore corrupts my hood if I try to take it out? I'm scared of it to be honest.

Also as I'm writing this I just noticed that crashes happen when my sims do anything romantic ESPECIALLY with Angela pleasant, is she corrupt? I'll try to teleport her using the cat teleporter and report back. Until then anyone have any idea how to test without ACR or have any ideas on what's going on?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:28 AM
You mentioned removing half of your CC. Have you tried removing everything but the essential ones and seeing if the problem persists? Just in case you don't know, you have to delete the cache files every time you remove CC/mods for the game to register them properly.

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but have you tried cleaning the hood with Hood Checker? Asides from fixing a few things, it might give you a clue what's going on.

Are you using a clean version of Pleasantview? The default hoods that come shipped with the game are corrupt, so it's possible that it's related to the inherent corruption. Maybe a clean testing neighborhood can help you narrow down the problem; if it happens there, it might be a mod issue.

This is also a rare instance that happened to me, but one time, I had a sim who kept causing crashes every time she was around. It turned out that her memories went haywire and started referencing all sorts of objects. Hood Checker helped me find the erroneous memories but I had to fix most of it through SimPE, and she played perfectly fine afterwards.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:11 PM
Yes I am using clean templates I am using meetme2therivers templates.I ran hood check after this happened and it did find some issues relating to the Dreamers however the problem still persisted after I tried making a phone call again. So after that I just removed ACR from the game cause at that point I was fed up and the problem still occurs. I have a feeling either my hood is corrupted which is no good. Or it might be my computer after an update. I think the update might've screwed around with things because now even my grand theft auto V wouldnt load until I reverted back to my old build before the update (that one option that allows you to go back to the way the computer was before they tried to force that stupid update). And I know for sure it isn't my specs since this is a computer made to run the latest gaming technology. I didn't start having issues until that so I'll test again tomorrow to see if the update was indeed the problem and I'll report back.

OR it might be because I ran hoodcheck on it before and hoodcheck might have corrupted my hood. My reasoning for this is based on this:
1. The problems started happening after I ran hoodcheck and did the update. (Could be the update still but let's just rule this as an option)
2. After I ran hoodcheck I noticed Dirk's memory of going steady with Angela was gone. In fact their relationship flag for going steady wasn't marked at all even though in my previous save it was prior to running hoodcheck. Maybe this is why Angela seems corrupted now? Because it removed memories and therefore caused her to go haywire? I am not to sure if this is entirely possible but this isn't the first time hoodcheck has done something like this neither...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:13 PM
1. The hoodchecker is highly unlikely to corrupt your hood.
2. I don't think ACR is responsible - except if you have a mod that conflicts with it.
3. A mod issue seems to be likely to me - have you run the HCDU yet?
4. If there is no mod conflict and it is only the one household (I understand it is only the Dreamers?) then there maybe something wrong with the lot itself. Moving them may solve that.
5. Personally, system updates have ever had any effects on my game, so I doubt if that is likely. What operating system are you using? I doubt, by the way, that it will have any effect on a single household.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM
Most likely the phone's just bad. Before moving them out, delete the phone and replace it, see if that helps.

As for removing ACR (and any other CC) - that's why the first step in the FAQ is "back up your hood." After you're done testing, if anything's messed up, you restore the backup, remove just the problem stuff, and you're right back where you want to be.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:32 PM
Oh, that is indeed possible - I did not even think of that, but I actually removed phones before because they were not working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:52 AM
I'll try removing the phones and then if that doesnt fix it I will move them out of the lot though i doubt its the lot because I went on the broke family and it crashed while i was playing as them as well. I restored my old version of windows and grand theft auto finally plays. Im hoping maybe this will fix sims 2 as well? If not I'll try the mod conflict detector. I'll give you guys an update if it ends up being fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:58 AM
So I played after rolling back to my old version of Windows and then deleted the phone and bought it again and now there's no more crashing I've had the game on for about an hour now so I should be good. Thanks for all your help guys. I do think maybe the update wasn't playing right with my driver's because both of my games stopped working after the update .