Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 4:26 AM
I would say that someone might have disagreed with your love of the Hobby Mavens, because they piss people off breaking into their houses at all hours to give them membership cards, but seeing as they've been disagreeing away ever since ... yeah, it's the troll.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 4:37 AM
Quote:
Huh. I'll have to Google around and see if there's a way to fix that matchmaker, then.

No need to google, Pretty dramatic thread FYI: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5006.0
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I would say that someone might have disagreed with your love of the Hobby Mavens, because they piss people off breaking into their houses at all hours to give them membership cards, but seeing as they've been disagreeing away ever since ... yeah, it's the troll.

Ah, the poor, maligned Hobby Instructors. They break into Simmy houses just to hand out membership cards, and that's beyond the pale. But the Burglars break into Simmy houses to steal things, and that's okay.

Crazy players and their crazy standards, I swear....

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
No need to google, Pretty dramatic thread FYI: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5006.0

Wow. Redboy's comments were quite an eyebite to read, weren't they?

But I reckon that I can agree that the gypsy's not such a big deal. My family of witches runs their own private business where they sell all manners of potions and witchy objects (except for Thrones of Light or Darkness; those take too long to brew up, so it's not so practical having them on the sales floor if I might not be able to restock them for a while). So if any of my Sims need a potion, why sink their Simoleons into the Gypsy Matchmaker's pocket (and into oblivion) when I can circulate the money right into the Covenheart family's coffers instead?

This has been a good chat thus far; after a bit of convincing, I suppose that I can give the Coaches another chance to prove themselves and become something better than a nuisance. But the VC's waiting in the wings, just in case they booch that chance.
Theorist
#54 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:27 AM
I made one nature girl into a playable one, she's just too cute to not to do it. I only have to move her back to town from the University.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:34 AM
Nature girl? Was that one of the Hobby Instructors? Naenae Phillipine or whatever her name is? I presume that you would have to age her down to send her to college, but I might be thinking of the wrong nonplayable Sim here.
Theorist
#56 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:39 AM
Yeah, those green Roman things wearing girls in green dresses, when your starts to get interested in nature after cleaning training. And I've no idea what her name is and especially not her English name.

I only used the cheat on her while playing a couple of students.

Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:45 AM
I can't blame you for adopting one of them; their leafy green outfits look so festive! :D

So was it this one or this one? Naenae's the one who was generated for my Pleasantview neighborhood, and she's always ready for an evening of fishing every time I send my Sims to Peerless Park. She catches Golden Trouts like you wouldn't believe, too.
Theorist
#58 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:56 AM
The first one. Mine is from that Free Time neighbourhood. It's not just the dress, but her adorable face in general.

And she's not the first NPC made in a playable one. Two high school kids and several students as well, including all partners of my children.

Mad Poster
#59 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 7:46 AM
The very first townie made into a playable by me was Meadow Thayer - I sent her to Uni because she was friends with my Sim in the teen stage. Loooong time ago. I think once you start doing it, it is basically impossible to stop Besides, they keep surprising me - I remember, in the beginning, how surprised I was when George McCarthy turned out to have almost all the skills, and Pong Grundstrom started to perform Tai Chi; when Juan Harris taught my other students slap dancing and when Alvin Futa totally loved cleaning the whole dorm from top to bottom (and all the community lots too).
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#60 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 7:57 AM
Those university NPCs are annoying but not as annoying as the drama professor. My sim married such a professor once and it was a nightmare. The drama professor fell in love with everyone he met! They had a family reunion party and he started flirting here and there and screwed up everything. And if his 'lovers' also flirted with each other, he went mad at all of them. Well, his lovers didn't even know him well. All of the family members hated each other - and the party ended up being a 'Disaster' (score).

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#61 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 8:14 AM
You might like No Lecherous Drama Profs http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-934.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#62 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Ah, the poor, maligned Hobby Instructors. They break into Simmy houses just to hand out membership cards, and that's beyond the pale. But the Burglars break into Simmy houses to steal things, and that's okay.

No. The burglars breaking in is not okay lol.

It shows how little I play with the Nature hobby that I didn't even know what the hobby instructors for it wore. Some of my sims need to get back to nature.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#63 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 1:52 PM
I modded them out of coming to my sims houses years ago. They no boundaries; standing over cribs, walking into showers, staring there waiting for sims to get out of bed sheesh. Now I just get a pop up notification.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#64 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 2:46 PM
Which mod do you use jo? I don't mind them barging in, but I do dislike that they pop up in the queue and sometimes makes my Sims stop what they are doing, so perhaps it's time to mod them out I tried to google but I can't think of anything specific enough, I just get lots of hobby related results.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#65 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 3:17 PM
I think I have a mod where they hobbyists no longer come in the house. nohobbyspam? might be Pescado...I'm not sure. Got it from moreawesomethanyou. At any case I don't see them anymore at all. Still get the notification at the top right though.

Try it out
Attached files:
File Type: zip  hobbyspam.zip.zip (1.5 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 3:29 PM
Yup. Nohobbyspam. I have it too. It is Pescado's.
Scholar
#67 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 3:30 PM
Whoo I got something right!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Theorist
#68 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 4:55 PM

It shows how little I play with the Nature hobby that I didn't even know what the hobby instructors for it wore. Some of my sims need to get back to nature.

In my case it's 99% of the time after my Sims started to train their cleaning skill via a book.

Inventor
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 5:44 PM

Ah, so you say! So why can't I find any "noburglarspam" mods over at MATY then, hmm?

(Thanks for not being one of those Ninja Disagreers, by the way. I also went and turned Jessica Ebadi into a vampire after she got to be a little too chummy with my Carmilla von Carstein. Will vampirism make Jessica Ebadi a better burglar? Time will tell....)

Yes, they do. Your Simmy neighborhood probably has ponds all over it, and fish is good food. You might want to start some victory gardens while you're at it.

I just uploaded a hobby-themed dorm (presently in the queue awaiting approval or rejection) which caters to Nature hobbyists and Cuisine hobbyists. I can't think of any two out of the ten hobbies which have as much synergy as Nature and Cuisine do; the Nature Sims catch and harvest the food, and the Cuisine Sims cook it right up. Maybe after I get this dorm approved, it'll be something for your college students to do between classes. Whadayasay?
Scholar
#70 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 6:47 PM
I would love it! I'm always looking for new buildings since I suck at making my own.

Inventor
Original Poster
#71 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I would love it! I'm always looking for new buildings since I suck at making my own.

Aw, you're making me blush!

It's still in the moderation queue, but it looks a little bit something like this:

After packaging the lot, I figured that I'd better playtest the dorm before uploading it to MTS. So I installed my own package, placed a copy of the Fruityboo Farms dorm elsewhere in my Sim State University subhood, moved a pair of new students in, played through a few semesters, saw what worked and what didn't work, edited the original (uninhabited) lot accordingly and, once I was satisfied, packaged and uploaded the modified and refined original. Part of that process involved going through a ton of decorative objects (after the students had racked up a fair chunk of change) and having my students View them to see which hobbies those objects boosted. End result: The majority of viewable objects on the lot add Nature enthusiasm or Cuisine enthusiasm, with just a smattering adding to the usual Arts & Crafts. I'm nothing if not thorough.

It was tempting to go with the expected "five-star restaurant" vibe for the dorm's Cuisine parts, but I figured that they might clash with the rustic Nature parts a bit too harshly. So I went with a "country-style cooking" vibe instead, while fondly recalling all the times I've ever eaten at Bob Evans and the Cracker Barrel. Do you suppose I made a good call, or could I have made the usual "Chez Le Fancy Chef de Francais Gourmand Oui Oui, Monsieur" restaurant style flow with the rustic farm style somehow?
Scholar
#72 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 4:12 PM
I like it! It fits right in with the style of Riverblossum Hills and I can't wait to try it out. I love rustic looking buildings Everything flows nicely, and I am a décor snob so I would tell ya Will this be your first upload ever or did you have previous accounts?

Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 23rd Sep 2015 at 4:58 PM.
It's my first MTS upload ever. I still don't care for how modern-looking that television room is, but I just had to have that sectional sofa.

The next upload will be the hitherto unnamed Film & Literature dorm (in my hobby dorm series); among other features, it has a couple of home theatres (with big-screen TVs) and plenty of bookshelves and computers for reading and writing novels. I've also considered uploading my campgrounds for Takemizu Village and Twikki Island (or for Far East subhoods and Tropical subhoods in general), as well as my Gothic-styled cathedral with a crypt for a basement and enough coffins for a large family of vampires. I'll keep plugging away with those.
Scholar
#74 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 8:17 PM
Sounds good! I'd download all of that. I'm just no good at making my own stuff...

Field Researcher
#75 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 6:25 AM
Running a dorm of multiple playable sims, I often take charge long enough to get their skills up, write a term paper, and then hit the x3 speed and let them do whatever (because I absolutely hate college and the faster I can get it behind me, the better.) Lately, I have gotten one or two on academic probation for the first time ever. The reason? The goddamned coach of course. They like to show up in the five hours before finals. That's their favorite time. Other times, I will notice one of the panels going orange and yellow, check up on what the fuck, and they're working out only god knows how long. So now I got to deal with this bullshit. Yet another of the seemingly endless reasons I hate college in this game.
Page 3 of 3