Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:18 AM
Default Uni Length and Cyjon's Semester Changes
I didn't know where to put this, since it is partly wcif and partly help.

I replaced 48 hour uni with CJ's Semester Changes and nothing. Now it says 72 hours like I had no mod in at all. I'm wondering for those that use this mod, what should the bar say?

I tried resetting, forcing them to an exam but nothing seems to make it say 2 days or calls them to an exam at 9am like it says it will on the mods details. I even tried letting 72 hours run hoping that was just something it said, nope, more than 2 days have come and gone and no exam. First of all I had it sub foldered and today I left it out of any folder, no change. Swapped dorms, fiddled again with semesters and times, no change. So I need help with this.

Now to the wcif, is there any other mod that changes uni length in some way? I would love to see CJ's mod work but my game doesn't even seem to see it. Even a mod that would say you have been at uni so many hours and then I could set time to exam manually.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 6:08 AM
Were your sims at university before you installed the mod? In that case it'd change after the finals. The mod description says you can use Cyjon's Debugger to adjust it for them.

It doesn't say anything about if Smarter EP Check is needed, but you might try that one.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 6:23 AM
It says
Quote:
Students currently at university when you add this mod will have to finish their current semesters under the old schedule but they should be transferred to the new, shorter semesters after their final is complete.

As I said they finished their current semesters, took the exam and were reset to 72 hours.

I already have Smarter EP Check for No Sim Loaded.

I've Googled this debugger thing, I hope that fixes it because the college adjuster and bat box certainly did not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:31 AM
Tryied using it with the semester tester? Either spawning it with boolprop or the pulled out one that can be downloaded: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=148693

You use it to trigger the classes. "Start class" change the hours to the ones you set on college adjusters, which works for me fairly well but sometimes can be a bit errr wonky..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 12:20 PM
I have a semester tester, didn't think of trying that, will tomorrow. Thanks Florentzina.

I'm running the HCD now to see if it shows something.

Edit:Well this came up
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Next Semester
Group ID: 0x7F17E3A4
Instance ID: 0x0000200C
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CJ-SemesterChanges.package
\downloads\Mods\Uni\Harder_GradesUni_Term_Required\ah_HarderGrades_TermRequired.package

But I know someone else uses Term Required with Semester Changes. So maybe I should try a few zzz on front of the file name.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:05 PM
Mine works fine; I just want to chime in. I will love Cyjon forever and have his/her babies because of the faster semester mod. I HATED uni, but really felt the need to send my kids there. Now I have 24-hour semesters and my whole life is better. The sky is bluer, the sun is brighter, the rain smells sweeter.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 9:40 PM
I've tried adding some zzz to the front of the CJ's Semester file, is that the one to change? Also I put it in the same folder so I know Semester Changes will load last.
If it wont work with the other mod is there any other uni semester changer mod or is this the only one? I don't know why I had a feeling that BO had something.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 9:46 PM
zzz in front of semester changes will make the game load that code, so the in this conflict the BHAV run will be the one in semester Changes. Since that's what you appear to want to have work, yes, that's the one.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:12 PM
I found 2 more mods what change semester times: http://modthesims.info/d/302233
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,134.0.html
There will be 8 semesters but you can choose their lenght.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:41 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Nov 2015 at 3:07 AM.
Thanks gummilutt. I get a bit confused when it comes to which file should load last. I know I saw someone else say they used term required and Semester Changes so I was surprised to see that conflict in the HCD. I would like both to work.

Annaminna, the first 48 hours mod is what I have been using. Then I tried the 36 hour one but it was too fast. Then I was told to try this Semester changer which is not working, which is why I made this thread. I'll go check that MATY mod out though, never heard of that one before.

edit: Adding a few zzz has fixed it yah. That or CJ's debugger, but I assume it's changing load order.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 6:47 PM
It's good to know that you fixed your issue.
I use Term required and I put Cyjon's mod in my game but haven't had the chance to play Uni yet.
My hacks folder is subfoldered by creator, Pescado's mods load first, Cyjon's second to last (folder is labelled ZCyjon) and BO's mods loads last (folder is named ZzBoilingOil).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:30 PM
gummilutt, rereading what you said
Quote:
so the in this conflict the BHAV run will be the one in semester Changes. Since that's what you appear to want to have work, yes, that's the one.

Are you saying Term paper required is now not running at all? I want both mods to work.

Essa, I will be interested to know how you go with both mods.

I love the idea of 8 days (4 years) of UNi since it matches my 1 day is 6 month age set up perfectly and then I plan to use 2 of the 3 days after graduation as free do as you want days. Total 10 days (5 years from 18-23)The first of my graduates have moved into a large uni rental property with a pool. It's just a shame Philip got himself on probation, so he's stuck in his dorm and now misses out on the 2 party days. (posted in the what is happening in your game thread)

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#13 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Essa : 28th Nov 2015 at 11:54 AM.
So I finally played Uni today.
I already had a dorm with four sims: Mali in the 3rd semester, Mario in the 7th semester, Andrée in the 8th semester and Niel was about to get back to the main hood after graduation (I don't play graduation party).

- Niel left for the main hood but when I checked he was stuck in the YA sim bin. Putting him in a 1x1 lot for him to get back in the main hood fixed him.
- Jada started uni in the same dorm. Her uni bar was in the 2nd semester with 50 hours to final exam. So the mod worked as intented.
- I put the other sims (except Andrée) in the "correct" semester with TJ's college adjuster.

I also use class start and no finals at night by Ancient Highway so I think that the semester lasted more than 48 hours. I'm fine with that.
Jada was the only sim to do a term paper and get a full uni bar. She got 20/20 (I think it's like 4.0 in an US/UK game).
At the end of the year, Andrée and Mario were done with uni but they're still at the dorm.
Jada and Mali were put in the correct semester but I had to wait a few minutes before Cyjon's mod kicks in.

I'll do further testing but for now I think that Cyjon's mod works and plays well with my other Uni mods and fits well with my gameplay.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 2:06 AM
So you found Term Required was still working? I've finished my uni rotations for now so I can't tell. I still have more kids to go, but I'll have to see if they are of age to go over the summer. Mostly the oopsie babies who are quite a bit younger than the first crop.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#15 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:32 PM
In fact, Jada was the only sim with a class performance bar fully open and the want to do a term so I'd say "yes". She went to class once, wrote a term paper and her class bar was full. As Knowledge, she likes skilling. She also had time to woohoo with Mali twice during the play session. And all sims spent time to community lots (I use Mootilda's Brainania).
Mario was lacking 3 body skill points, so his class performance bar wasn't fully open and he didn't roll uni related wants.
Andrée also had a class performance bar fully open but she never rolled uni related wants. She was put on probation once but passed her exams at the end.

ATM I'm trying hard to find a way to make uni more enjoyable for me (AKA, not every sim gets on Dean List).
Sims must autonomously go to classes and finals. They must roll the want to get the required skill points or skill autonomously. They must roll the want to do assignments and write term papers. They do research if they have the want and a non playable sim is already doing research. Having the fear to go on probation isn't enough to let the sims meet uni requirements.

I think my current uni rotation will finish with Jada and Mali. Mali has two years to go. I'll keep you updated.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 9:08 PM
I'm surprised your sims get on the Dean's list so easily. I have 2-3 knowledge sims who do most times, but the others all range from 3.1 to 3.8. I find it easy to not have everyone on the Dean's list with Term Required and following wants. I always make sims go to class and finals but also use wants and autonomous actions. A few of my sims only pass because of group study. Perhaps you have a lot of knowledge sims? I have pretty much every aspiration there (excluding romance since I very rarely allow romance sims into my game at all) including two pleasure sims who just squeezed in, one being on probation now after his final exam.

https://www.modthesims.info/show...5#startcomments
I allow highly motivated/gifted sims to influence or ask to join. Poor Philip has learning problems. He was born low motivation to a highly motivated mother. That doesn't often happen. His mother encouraged him enough so that he overcame most of his learning issues (is now average) Without Shane or Lucy asking him to join or to join group study he would have flunked out first term. Maybe another sim I would allow to do that but since his father is the mayor and he has a learning disability I figured they would work out support for him.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 10:36 AM
It's great that you were able to sort out the load order issue - I find those the hardest mod problems to track down.

If you are still interested in other college mods, have you looked into College Adjuster at Simbology? Among other things, it lets you shorten the semesters by setting an exam to begin in 2 hours, or to reset the clock to 72 hours. I've used it when I've sent a group to university but had some travel off the lot more than others and ended up with timings spread all over the place or to avoid having exams at odd times of night. I just keep track of when I want a sim to end the semester. I've also used it to change the semester of dormies I've made playable - if they've been in the dorm with my sims for 5 semesters, or I've been seeing them around campus for a few rotations, they shouldn't still be in first semester. It also has some functions that affect want/fear locks, and randomization functions for personality, aspiration, and skill points (including one option that caps the number of points so they don't roll more than 5 in a skill).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:49 AM
Thanks to the HCD

I have the college adjuster, won't be getting rid of that. What with all the mod changes I had to reset semesters and grades and things a couple of times.

I think this 8 day uni will work since it fits nicely with my age mod (1 day = 6 months)

~Call me Jo~