Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:17 PM.
Default Many issues whit Uni, game or EP broken? (Updated)
Hi

Just posting this real quick. The last EP I added to my game was Uni (yes it's patched) but I experience many problems whit it and now I just want to know if it's supposed to be this bad. I did check it whit Hoodchecker (did get help on that) and I as far as I know my game should be OK. I have been playing for years now and all other parts of the hood whit all it's parts and all of the CC works well or whit only a small amount of glinching. The Uni sub hood does, however, have some problems (see list) and now I want to know if they are common or just occurring in my game. As I see it, my Uni sub hood is broken but I do not know.

List of issues:
#1. Non playable students shows up 2 times on the same community lot. This have been happening more then once.
#2. The wall mounted speakers in on the Uni gym lot did not work. There were 5 or 6 of them. Replaced them but did not go back to check if they worked.
#3. A playable sim did not have any mail. This happend after a date he had on a lot outside the Uni sub hood. After they moved "home" the boyfriend did return to the doorm to place a rose outside.

This is what I remember right now. If there is something else, I add it later.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
#1. Non playable students shows up 2 times on the same community lot. This have been happening more then once.

Do they have the same names or different names each time?

I remember a bit ago someone mentioning that all their dormie sims spawned twice (each time with different names). I believe it was because of cleaned up templates but I can't remember correctly?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 8:09 PM
The first thing is probably a portal glitch. Those do seem to happen more often on University lots than on others.

Nothing about Uni per se is likely to cause the other problems - going to community lots outside the hood, dating, and so on all work just fine from University. Nothing you've said here is diagnostic of anything in particular, though the most likely cause for effects like stopped mail, speakers that don't play, etc. is a mod conflict or random piece of bad custom content. You might have a version of a mod that needs updating for University, or a piece of custom content that corrupted when your internet connection hiccuped during a download. It's even possible that the sim in the dorm will get mail next time you play him - it comes every three days at University, unless someone gets a coupon or lovenote.

Unfortunately, the game is so complex, and everyone's set up is so different, that it's hard to say definitively what is or is not causing a particular problem. Fortunately, over the years the community has evolved testing procedures. If you go to the Game Help FAQ (use the drop down menu at the top of the screen) you'll find both common fixes for common problems, and an extended process for testing what, precisely, is causing your problem. It looks intimidating but honestly isn't that bad once you knuckle down to it.

Just make sure you back up your game first; then you can take out anything, and do anything, necessary, secure in the knowledge that when it's all over you can put the backup back in and nothing will be different except for the change you make to fix the problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:24 PM
Did you add more than one university (even if you subsequently deleted one)?

Also, this really should be in the Help section.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:15 PM
Bigsimsfan12: It's the same sim. Same name, clothes and so.

Maxon: No, I just added one Uni subhood.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:26 PM
I did notice one more thing late night and this did happend in my normal sub hood (It's more of of a place where my sims live but it's marked as a "Downtown" subhood in game). I did open a lot and the burglar come sneeking up. No alarm was set off (there is one on the lot) but the police arrived at one. They did some fighting downstairs but non of the 3 sims of the lot woke up. One of the sims did think about the burgler (thinking bubble) but in the morning non of the sims had any reaction to the burglar (the always use to stand there feeling bad when the got a visit from him). It's possible that this is a glinsh or something but I do connect it to the other problems. I did not run Hoodchecker but I will do when I play again next weekend.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:50 PM
Sims only have a memory of the burglar, if they have SEEN him. And for that, they need to have woken up when he was there. No miracle, no mystery, just logic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 5:19 PM
Yes, it's logic. Then I assume that she must have seen the burglar in the past. I still wunder why the police showed up. The burglar was not even on the lot yet. front door was unlocked, maybe that's why the alarm did not go off.
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 5:28 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion your issues are due to install order. Things can get glitchy when you add an earlier EP after a later one because they're meant to build on the last EP. Even when properly patched.

http://compsimgames.about.com/od/ex...s2_exporder.htm

I use that whenever I do a fresh install and then patch after each one installed for maximum benefit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 10:46 PM
That is actually just a rumor, while we suggest installing in order and patching in order it's also perfectly fine to do it out of order. Patching is far more important than order.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 10:51 PM
Install order probably not - more likely a mod or even a piece of cc that is not working with Uni?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:33 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th Apr 2016 at 1:27 PM.
By 5 or 6 speakers, were they all the same station? And did you have other noisy things on the lot?

I find out that sometimes if my lot is a cacophony of different noises and sounds, a sound or two will drop out, and that includes music. My game gets kind of overwhelmed with all the noise. This might be just my game, though. Does the music EVER come back in your game, OP?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:44 AM
If you buy speakers for a comm lot, it is certainly wise to get the same model/color/station every time. Because if you don't, you're in trouble.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 2:50 AM
Not getting bills in dorms is a known glitch, and fairly common. I think there's a hack to help with it, and it usually happens after sims have spent at least one semester on campus.

Given the comment that neither speakers nor burglar alarm produce sound, yet the police still showed up for the burglar, check your sound settings. I turn down some sounds and up others because some of them (TV and music) are much too loud for my tastes as shipped. It's down there near the save button on the interface.

If you want particular colors of speakers, iCad made a ton of recolors of speakers so you can have all one station and different colors to match your rooms. I don't remember if those are here, on her tumblr, or her livejournal, but you should be able to search them out.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh