Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One (Megahood + Belladonna Cove)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:33 PM by Nysha

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 322 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 16
Test Subject
#101 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:11 PM
This may be a dumb question but I wanted to make sure LOL..

All 3 of my kids play Sims 2 on the same computer as I do.. If I download this for my use can they still add shopping districts to their hoods without causeing an issue? They each have their own hood and NO one is allowed to mess or play anyone elses hoods hehe.

Also I tend to make a lot of sub hoods cause I like to do special themed hoods.. I normally add them as shopping districts.. Can I make my themed hoods downtown districts instead and still have a fully functioning subhood sims can live in?? I know university there are special rules and you don't live their forever hehe but Ive honestly never played around downtown much??

I currently have several themed hoods both time based and weather based..

I really love the idea of this Megahood! I had always wanted to have everyone together in the same hood!!

Thanks!

Rheassi
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:21 PM
jet2r0cks - If it's a separate neighborhood, normal rules apply to it - create extra districts as much as you want, move sims between sub-hoods, just not between actual neighborhoods unless done correctly.

Rheassi - Your kids can still add whatever they want to their own neighborhoods - just not to this one. You can downtowns and universities to the Megahood - just not any more shopping districts.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#103 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:31 PM
awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. I appericate it!.. Downloading now

Rheassi
Test Subject
#104 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:41 PM
This may be a strange question, but as I don't like to play in sub-hoods; is it possible to have all the sims move to the main hood and delete all the shopping-districts, and maybe in the future add a new shopping-district?
Test Subject
#105 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:51 PM
I just wanted to say "Wow!", not only have you answered a question I had been searching the answer for for three weeks (ever since finally installing AL, FT, and Seasons), but you've done what I was going to try to do. Am I ever glad I never got a chance to try, because I too stupid to attempt something so advanced.

...odd how one can search and search, yet not enter the correct string to get the desired result.

Thanks to ALL uploaders for the excellent content. I'd contribute my own few outfits, but they are scribblings compared to what you all have done. Present CC file count, 4784 (time for spring cleaning).
Test Subject
#106 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 3:01 PM
First wanted to say thanks for providing this uber-hood.
It's nice to see all the hoods combined.

Problem I have notice:
I have the Holiday Stuff Pack installed and unable to bake cookies in the stove to summon Santa within any of the lots in the uber-hood. The other normal hoods it works with no problem.

I had the Holiday Stuff Pack installed before I installed the Uber hood. So I'm kind of wondering if I re-install this pack if it's going to work in the Uber Hood.
Test Subject
#107 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 3:21 PM
Happy Holidays!!!

Update:
I wasn't able to re-install the Holiday pack it's different than the other packs as it looks like it becomes part of the base game.

So what I did to fix the problem:
1. backup the game incase something bad happens
2. Delete or rename the EA Games foldier located in the documents foldier of your user account
3. Copy the N373 foldier into the following location:
Program files - EA Games - The Sims 2 Apartment Life - TSdata - Res - Userdata - Neighborhoods
4. Load the game (it's going to take awhile)
Go do some chores, eat or watch TV
5. Once the game loads check to make sure Megahood is there and loading OK
6. Stop if you have any Custom Content. Don't play your game just yet
7. Exit the game and copy the Downloads file back your EA Games foldier located under the documents foldier of your user account
8. Load your game again. You might have to enable custom content.
9. You might also need to copy the following foldiers back into your game:
LotCatalog
SavedSims
Storytelling
SC4Terrains
Other such files
10. Than play your Megahood and have Santa come to visit if you have the Holiday pack.
Test Subject
#108 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 3:31 PM
Thanks for this download by the way!
Its amazing!
But is there a way to have more than one Uber Megahood??
I added the first and it worked. I did the exact same to the other, only renaming it N374. When i loaded the game it had deleted N373. I went back to the Neighborhood folder and delted N374, and the first Uber Megahood was back again.
is here a possible way to have two megahoods without having one deleted?
Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 4:52 AM
Thank you SO much! But I do have a problem. I downloaded the Megahood, and all the sims were in the Family Bin. So I went back to the original neighborhoods, picked up some homes for them, and went back - all the sims in the bin that had homes in other neighborhoods are no longer there. I took out the neighborhood, reinstalled, and tried again but to no avail (I have these families from other neighborhoods in the bin: Goodie, Gavigan, Newson, O'Mackey, Capp, Capp, Monty, Monty, Loner, Singles, Oldie, Burb). I reset ALL neighborhoods (including the three from other expansions) and reinstalled N373 again, but the families STILL won't return!

Anyone know what the heck happened, and why resetting everything doesn't bring them back?
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:45 PM
lol you breaked the record for biggest file (273 mb packed)
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 8:21 AM
I just wanted to report that so far my hood' is working swimmingly. Thanks again for making this for us. I never bothered with the other towns other than belladonna cove and pleasant vew, it's nice to be able to easily switch another and get to know the other characters.
Test Subject
#112 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 7:25 PM
Thank you a million times over! I love the megahood. I feel sad I will have to replace but ohhhh well life goes on! :D
Test Subject
#113 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:47 AM
Seriously, this mod is awesome. Thank you very much for this!
Field Researcher
#114 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:33 AM
This would have to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not that I was around before sliced bread though... Awesome, I love this merged hood, thankyou!
Test Subject
#115 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 4:45 AM
Thanks so much for this!
I have a question, though. I'm not really interested in playing with the Riverblossom Hills or OFB characters (I do have those EP packs, however), so is it alright if I just delete those districts before I even start playing the hood or will it cause a blowup?
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 2:58 AM
well, well... I dont know how did I miss this till now?!
Ive tried it and it looks to me that the game runs faster? ;|
Amen, anywayz ;D

(gotta run and keep this neighbourhood awaaaay, faar away , hide it from my daughter, she is goin to find a way to ruin it )

Thank you tons!

Wish you the best,
Elena

P.S - Sorry, bad english

**Supergirls Don't Cry**
Test Subject
#117 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 2:43 PM
Have been trying your older version of this, and have now had a go at the new one but i'm getting the same problem, in neighborhood view if you try to move the view along or zoom in/out i get the blue screen & egg timer, then it goes back to map then it shuts my monitor off. this is a new install of this hood no CC. i dont get any probs with other hoods= baskerville, middleground etc. any clues?
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 6:21 PM
Does the WinRAR (is that right?) cost money? because im kind of tight on money right now.. if it does and i can't pay for it, is there any other way to get this awesome download into my game?

--Riot--
Test Subject
#119 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 12:32 AM
This is going to be soooooooooooooooooooooo fun!
Test Subject
#120 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM
Hey! Thanks for the hood. Quick question - I followed all of the instructions, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me find the .sc4 file within the folder, and the megahood won't show up in my game. Should I re-download everything, or is there another problem? Every other file is there in its proper place. Thanks again
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 8:50 AM
The Megahood is full of awesomeness and puppies.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amysmom
So I went to my daughter's single, regular Desiderata hood that I remember playing once or twice when I just got FT, and the Aspir family loaded fine back then. She doesn't play them and this is a fresh hood, so they were new. Hers crashes, too, so it's NOT the mega-hood. Did something happen to Luis Aspir with AL??

We're getting OT, but I had this problem as well. After playing with the Aspir family for awhile, when I re-entered their lot, I had an application crash, but without any error code message. I was able to move out the family to the Sim bin, and they crashed after I moved them back into their former lot. And after moving them to another lot, they loaded okay. I don't know if this is an AL problem.
Test Subject
#123 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:21 AM
Thanks for all the hard work.

BUT, the Pleasants don't have any Wants. Specifically, Daniel. Mary Sue has 1. Lillith and Angela have their respective 4. I used the Lot Debugger to try and Re-Roll them but, all that did was give them the same Want and didn't populate the empty slots. I'm sure this has to do with the Pleasantview dramarific story line because Daniel wanted to hump and kiss and screw and hire the Maid, Kaylynn. Since I'm sure there are some liberties taken with character files, the story line got borked.

Is there anything can do?
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 5:50 PM
I have a question why can't you more shoppping district? Because when I added another everything was okay .
Test Subject
#125 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 10:08 AM
Using it now. Thanks
Page 5 of 16