Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:58 AM
Default Converting animations from Sims 2
So I've been experimenting with converting animations from Sims 2 to Sims 3. I know the arms are different in the Sims 3 skeleton, but there are ways for offsetting that angle, theoretically making the conversion work (which is what EA actually does when they convert animations from 2 to 3, wish I could have THEIR tools!).
But before I can actually get to experimenting on the arm angle, I'm getting stuck just getting working animations out of the Sims 2! Seems it's not as easy as the Sims 3... I finally sort of managed to piece together a method that finally manages to export a Milkshape animation file from the Sims 2 out of SimPE, but when imported into Milkshape, the limbs are flying all over the place. So there's definitely a conversion error. But that's all the info I can find. Were animations never succesfully exported?

Attached you can find the SimPE package I managed to construct and some animation files inside which you can export. I'm stuck at the moment...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Test.rar (152.2 KB, 84 downloads) - View custom content

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 5:26 PM
Maybe post in the TS2 forum? There are probably more people there that are knowledgeable about the TS2 side of animation.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 7:40 AM
This is the subforum you want to take a look at: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=428

and this thread in particular: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=239060
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 4:48 PM
Thanks! I'll have a look over there.

This space intentionally left blank...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:51 AM
I'm really wondering how this project is going on? it sound very interesting to start importing from TS2 to TS3.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 10:25 AM
have tool for convert animations from sims 2 to sims 4 ???