Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 4:32 AM
Sims 2 hiding cars from neighboorhood view. headlights issue.
i downloaded the NoNH-traffic mod from hexameter on modthesims2 ( this one: http://modthesims.info/d/272655 ) to get rid of the traffic from the neighborhood view, but there's something wrong. when i switch the neighborhood view time to night, i can't see the cars but the headlights are still visable. I have a picture of it down below. Is there anyway to hide them at night?

I already tried going into SimPE and modifying each of the NoNH traffic files by exporting the gmc and snapping them together in milkshape and reimporting them, but that had no effect. the headlights are still visible.

Does anyone know how I can make the headlights not visible? Please help. <3

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:06 AM
Those headlights are most likely an effect. You'd need to find the effect list associated to the car objects, and remove the headlight strings.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
Those headlights are most likely an effect. You'd need to find the effect list associated to the car objects, and remove the headlight strings.

what resource in SimPE would i find that under?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:19 AM
Effects are stored in text lists with the instance 0x8F. I imagine the group would be the same as that of the already modified parts.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
Effects are stored in text lists with the instance 0x8F. I imagine the group would be the same as that of the already modified parts.

I have the file opened up in SimPE but there's no textlist in the resource tree:

unless is it under the GMC? or the TXTR resource?
would I have to go to plugin view to modify it?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 7:37 PM
Try recloning the cars, but as self referencing items, see if something shows up.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Try recloning the cars, but as self referencing items, see if something shows up.

self referencing items?
how do I do that? am I supposed to use object workshop for that?
is that done by checking the box that says 'reference original mesh'?
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 4:39 PM
The neighbourhood vehicles are an effect, they don't exist as an object so you'll not be able to clone or edit them. The file you downloaded makes the mesh part invisible by using invisible textures but the lights are another part of the effect, it's likely they are fxautomatataillight and fxatomataheadlight which are used by most vehicles.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The neighbourhood vehicles are an effect, they don't exist as an object so you'll not be able to clone or edit them. The file you downloaded makes the mesh part invisible by using invisible textures but the lights are another part of the effect, it's likely they are fxautomatataillight and fxatomataheadlight which are used by most vehicles.

where can I find the fxautomatataillight and fxatomataheadlight files?
are those in the game's install directory or something? and if so, where do you think they'd be?
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 2:23 PM
They are in the effects.package (TSData\Res\Effects\), you have practically no chance of disabling them and if you did it would impact the lights of nearly every vehicle.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
They are in the effects.package (TSData\Res\Effects\), you have practically no chance of disabling them and if you did it would impact the lights of nearly every vehicle.

how do i not have a chance of disabling them? all i'd have to do is remove the files from that folder and put them back in when i want the lights back

and impact the lights of every single vehicle? well thats what i wanted, all the neighborhood car lights to be off, unless you mean the cars on the lots too, but then again, i can just put the files back into the folder afterwards.

i should've explained this earlier but the reason why I wanted to get rid of the car lights is because im filming a movie in the sims 2 that uses footage i have to film from the neighborhood view at night. i didn't want any of the car lights or cars showing up in the footage so thats why i was looking for a mod to get rid of both of them or for a way to get rid of both of them.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 1:28 PM
SimPE can't read the effects files, anything you do to them will need to be done with a hex editor.