Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:52 AM
Partially editing an XML?
Hi again!

This time I want to increase the number of written pages per minute for articles, stories and reviews in the Journalism career, so it doesn't take as unbearably long to write them. Looking through GameplayData, reviews and stories are handled in the Journalism XML, while articles are handled in the Writing XML. Both these XMLs have several variables that I don't want to modify.

Now for my question: is it possible to edit only the variables that handle ppm, without having to include the entire XMLs in the new mod? As in, create a new XML file with only these modified variables. The reason for this is that I'd like to share the mod (not necessarily here, IDK yet) and Journalism and Writing are pretty big XMLs so there's a chance people have already have mods that affect them. And there's also the patch concern - I'm at 1.63 and intend to stay with it, but lots are patched further than that.

So, is this doable or do I really have to include the entire XMLs?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!