Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add Any Lot Size (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 6:44 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:24 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

607 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 276 Feedback Posts, 330 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 25
Inventor
Original Poster
#76 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:09 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: Did you ever use S3PE to customize an .xml? Did you customize Inge's mod with your own lot sizes? Adding the icons is very easy in S3PE. I think I listed all necessary steps in the instructions in the main post (you'll have to click the spoiler button to display them).

@crybabygirl777: That's odd. Do other .package mods work for you? What's your patch level?
Inventor
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: This looks all correct to me. Type and Instance ID fit and the .xml changes too. Could you upload the package somewhere, so that I can test it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:42 PM
superb, thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#79 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:03 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: The .xml resource got corrupted somehow. I couldn't even export it in S3PE. But after editing my own to your values and importing it from file (overwriting yours) it worked. I also updated the .dll to the latest with the bug fix. I've attached the fixed package. Let me know when you got it, so that I can delete it. (You could also delete yours.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#80 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleOnTheTum
OK, I've downloaded it...
Does the package work for you now?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#81 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:41 PM
Can you add more than two default lot sizes?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
Original Poster
#82 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:42 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: Excellent!

@Inge Jones: Yes, it reads in an array, so any number should work, though I only tried with two.
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass

@crybabygirl777: That's odd. Do other .package mods work for you? What's your patch level?

My patch level is the current one (1.32) and I have no problem with other packages, including other ones made by you - for instance,the Simport Rewards Unlocked one works fine.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#84 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM
@Inge Jones: Yes, it reads in an array, so any number should work, though I only tried with two.

In that case I am going to post a link to this mod from my thread at simlogical recommending that people switch to using this, seeing as it does everything mine did and more :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:10 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 13th Mar 2012 at 4:58 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3806101, 3806107
@crybabygirl777: Do you get the default lot sizes at least with the question mark lot icon? Or nothing? If you type help in the console, is the AddLotSize command listed there with short usage info? I'm really puzzled by this. I've just downloaded the package myself, just to see if the latest version got maybe corrupted in the zip, but it worked fine.

@Inge Jones: Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:03 AM
This is cool. I use Inge's mod for this but seeing as even Inge is suggesting the switch, I'm getting this RIGHT NOW! LOL!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#87 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:21 AM
I've been waiting YEARS for this. The fact that you couldn't make 30x40 lots drove me insane. Thank you sooooooooooo much for this. You have no idea how much I love you right now. It is completely insane that EA makes lots at these weird sizes and then forces you to place some huge lot down just to fit it with all this extra space.
Test Subject
#88 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:35 AM
this mod does not work for me, says "unknown command"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:41 AM
Wow, this actually made my night. THANK YOU so much for making this! I've been frustrated by the lack of this option so many times.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:31 AM
Praise Jebus...lol... About damn time someone made this fix, too bad EA can't get thier heads out eachothers butts to see their random sizes of lots DON'T match up to our in game editor!! THANK you CC author VelocityGrass... YOU have saved my game from looking UGLY as snot.
Inventor
Original Poster
#91 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:35 AM
@derek_pearce: Do other package mods work for you? Which OS are you on? You're the second person that reports that it doesn't work for them, but I'm not sure what the reason could be.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:45 AM
Thanks for this mod, but excuse my ignorance but where do I install these files.
Inventor
Original Poster
#93 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:22 PM
@Bluebird2006: If you follow the link under the "Install Instructions" tab of the post, you'll find step by step instructions. This is a package mod, so follow the instructions for that and you should be good to go.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thank You!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#95 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:40 PM
@TickleOnTheTum: That's what I call dedication. I hope it keeps going well for you. You're very welcome. It was a pretty easy change in the code. Creating all the icons is the really hard work.
Instructor
#96 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:07 PM
@anie_1981: Thanks so much for the report! I usually don't switch between savegames, but I noticed issues with it, but didn't connect them to the mod. It should be fixed now if you redownload.

The Mod works perfect now Thank's for fixing.
Inventor
Original Poster
#97 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:02 PM
@anie_1981: You're very welcome. I might have never realized where this issue came from without your report, so thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:58 PM
This is great velocity! I have a curious question about your picture you posted if you don't mind, I noticed that you have what looks like a tunnel system connecting to the road, how did you accomplish that, and does it work or is it deco?
Inventor
Original Poster
#99 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:10 PM
@Elfykins: The world is armiel's, not mine! It's linked in the credits. And no, it doesn't work. My sims always walk over the mountains to get to the other side. Which is not really a problem, though, since the world is specifically meant for building, not playing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:12 AM
Wow, I've been waiting for this mod! This is very helpful. I used this like crazy last night when updating Lunar Lakes with the SHT lots and a few custom lots.
Page 4 of 25