Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 6:28 PM
My sims won't go out???
So, It's the third time I'm here having a good time playing TSM when I need to get one of my heros out of their houses and they make a temper tantrum saying there's something on their way that makes it impossible for them to go out when there's obviously nothing. The first time this happened I looked for a solution but nothing other people said helped me (like reseting the sim with testingcheatsenabled), and I ended up having to quit the quest. Now it happened again and even tho I quitted the quest again the second time it happened, when I started another one this didn't stop. Does anyone know what to do?? I just wanna play man, lmao, help.

If this is relevant, I just installed a mod to allow same sex pregnancy on my game, but I don't think that's the reason for this bug cause the first time it happened I didn't had it
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 12:47 PM
I think what is happening is the sim thinks there is something in their way, because there really is something in their way when they are required to go through a doorway. I am surprised you have not noticed it if you have played TSM many times. I have always been bothered by it, but not much can be done except to teleport your sim to the other side of the door.
What I am talking about is the layout of the exterior, and interior of each building in the game not being set correctly. Think of the walls and roof/ceiling of the Reception Hall as one Piece, and it must be set down on the ground or a floor, which has been measured by an architect so the bottom of the building meets the end points of a floor. But they do not meet in TSMP&N game. The worst of this problem is in the Throne Room, the Reception Hall, and the Blacksmith's home. I made a post on someone's thread here on MTS a couple of years ago, and posted pictures to show what I was talking about. The buildings themselves overlap the floor. Here, I found a pic showing how the wall do not meet up with objects placement. but you yourself can examine the ground floors and how they are set in your game. Look especially at the entrance to the Throne Room, and you can see if you look left and then right right when a sim passes through the threshold or even better, try placing a fence post to line around the square bricks around the main door entrance of the Throne Room, and you will not be able to set a post up against the floor lining on one side, but the other you can, one will sit too far away from the end of the bricks. Anyway, here is the pic showing the offset of the Throne Room:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...173#post4337173

Also, if you place the large Jacoban fireplace up against the back wall on the bottom floor in the Blacksmith's House, you will see the wall base poking through the oven, and take a closer look by zooming in, and you will end up seeing that in fact, the fireplace sits halfway into the wall of the house. The developer's of this game obviously were in a rush when doing this aspect of the game, and screwed it up good.

So when this happens, teleport your sims out of the room, because to them, the frame isn't set right, as they are programmed to walk in a path, but the path is overlapped by the building even slightly. The Master Builder has this happen quite often. This event does not last, though, so don't trash the game. You will see it only occurs occasionally, and eventually it settles, in some kingdoms.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.