Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 9:36 AM
Default Potent Signs of Potential Broken?
Since installing LN I cannot get this adventure quest chain anymore. I know that I did it not very long before the new EP came out, but now, with two different Sims, it will not pop up anymore.
Even in the list of MasterController it is not available and when I use AM's debug interactions the first stage of the adventure chain gives me an empty error message. The second stage does fire, however, it's just the first one that does not work.
I begin to wonder whether they managed to break that and whether this is the cause for the adventure board not working sometimes, because it tries to access an adventure it cannot trigger.
Has anyone done this adventure since LN was released?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:29 PM
I've certainly been having the problems with the Adventure Board. Could you give some hints as to which adventure this was--until recently I never bothered to memorize their names.
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 2:38 AM
It's the one where you will have to learn martial arts and will eventually explore the retreat of the simfu order behind the Scholar's Garden on the hill to find the writings of some former member.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 5:10 PM
That one doesn't sound familiar, so it's possible that I've never done it. I'll have to look more closely when I take a character back to China. My current adventuring Sim has reached max Visa level there, so one would think it would be available to him.
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:45 AM
Hm, it belongs to the adventures you can receive right from the beginning of your first trip to China. I know that whenever I had a couple I always had one of them accept the Dragonmaw one and the other this particular one.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 5:22 PM
I posted in this thread about the same problem. A lot of us are having this issue, especially in France, it seems. I saw it reported on the ts3.com bbs as well.

I took the advice in that thread to get Twallan's DebugEnabler to force my Twinbrook sim to get a specific adventure opportunity. It worked for me in France and Egypt--once initiated, the chain continued triggering next step adventures upon completion of the current adventure. I haven't tried it yet since installing LN (also two patches).

This week I installed LN. Took a Bridgeport sim to China last night and had no problem with the adventure board. However, it was a short visit, so I think it's possible the issue will repeat upon return. Will post here if/when.

I wonder how many people are experiencing the sim going through the "check for adventures" animation at the board with no subsequent opportunity window popping up? My sims do this and abruptly drop back to a neutral standing pose, as though they had never checked the board. Are we all seeing the same thing?
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scmegan
I posted in this thread about the same problem. A lot of us are having this issue, especially in France, it seems. I saw it reported on the ts3.com bbs as well.
Yes, I see it at other places, too. But so far, I think, it hasn't made it to the "official" bug list.

Quote:
I took the advice in that thread to get Twallan's DebugEnabler to force my Twinbrook sim to get a specific adventure opportunity. It worked for me in France and Egypt--once initiated, the chain continued triggering next step adventures upon completion of the current adventure. I haven't tried it yet since installing LN (also two patches).
That's the annoying thing. This adventure cannot be triggered anymore with either debug commands or MasterController. You can see my posts at twallan's MC thread starting from here http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...g25842#msg25842

Quote:
I wonder how many people are experiencing the sim going through the "check for adventures" animation at the board with no subsequent opportunity window popping up? My sims do this and abruptly drop back to a neutral standing pose, as though they had never checked the board. Are we all seeing the same thing?
Exactly the same here. They inspect the board and nothing happens. It must be several adventures, because if you chain 10 "Inspect" commands, it might be that two adventures work repeatedly, while 3 others will just drop.
Inventor
#8 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:40 AM
I think that adventure is Resolute Fist. Its the only one I have done in china that is very long. I have gotten it since Late Night, but they changed the way Red Assasan bugs were caught and its been more difficult. Someone told me not to click each one and try to get them but to let my Sim sneak up on them, but I havent had a chance to try.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scmegan

Yes, this is how it manifests for me, too. This has happened in both France and China. Haven't sent a character to Egypt since this began.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 6:56 PM
Christmas Eve this happened to me. I was dumfounded. I do not have NL, but have patched thru the launcher...hope it gets fixed soon.