Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:29 AM
Extremely Complicated Situation - Advice Needed!
So I started a new sim (and I'm new to some of the expansion packs, i.e. Ambitions & Late Night). He's a young teenager, Adrian, goes to school, has a part-time job as a waiter, and is hot for guys...a bit older than him. While keeping his responsibilities with school and work (and leveling some skills), Adrian hit the late night scene on his first real day off. He went to the Haunt and seduced a guy named Devin into sleeping with him. We quickly became boyfriends.

A day passed and Adrian didn't hear from Devin, so he felted rejected (how's that for being melodramatic?), went to some park, met a foreigner from France and impulsively had a risky sexcapade.

Another day passed, and being totally irresponsible (a mix of rejection and teenage hormones), Adrian had another risky fling with a local named Matt (might have been his name...). Yeah, he was in tramp mode...

After work on Saturday night, Adrian hit the clubs, got bored and headed for the Haunt.

Adrian discovered The One. Rafael Striker. He knew they were meant for each other! Adrian began his cunning plan of seducing Rafael...only to find out some hussy had her claws sunk into him. Through much manipulation, seduction and extreme effort, Adrian was able to get rid of her. Phew! He then put all of his focus on Rafael...getting to know him, romancing him and eventually they had a bout of risky love making. Adrian and Rafael were complete romantic interests.

An issue emerged: Suddenly, Adrian was quick with child (gotta love mods). Assuming Rafael was the father, he was completely elated! Rafael desired to be boyfriends and needed Adrian to ditch Devin...which he did. No regrets there.

Rafael asked Adrian to move into his home. Swooning and head over heels, Adrian accepted the invitation. Upon entering Rafael's, uh...lair...Adrian noticed something alarming in one of the 'hidden' rooms. A coffin. Was Rafael a...vampire? Indeed he was...

Feeling a tad in the dark from zero knowledge regarding vampires, Adrian decided to push that darkness in the back of his mind and be brave. His trampy days were over, Rafael was his dream come true, and he was having his baby. Things would work out! Or so Adrian thought at that time...

Adrian was on paternity leave from work but continued to go to school. Being an honor student was him number one priority.

Three or four days passed (and Adrian's on a apple diet), he's in school and all of the sudden, liquid is gushed from him all over his school seat wave after wave, and before you know it, he's had a GIGANTIC cannonball like object forcing its way out of a place you would probably prefer not to be revealed. Adrian had to finish school that day (he supposed the teacher had a severe grudge against pregnant teenagers...).

After school, Adrian hightailed it to the hospital, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Richard. Adrian was completely elated for the second time in my his life (first time being part of a whole when Rafael asked him to become his boyfriend). Adrian was eager to get home and settle in Richard, and take care of him as best as he could.

Rafael got home from work, snuggled Richard, thought he was 'okay' and put him back into his crib...went downstairs to drink a blood slurpy and watch TV. Adrian was totally perplexed by Rafael's reaction to Richard. Adrian did a little investigating...and the outcome was a massive shock, threw him for a loop.

Richard was actually the foreigner's baby. Adrian had a bastard child! Totally overwhelmed, I saved and quit the game.

What a complicated web I've weaved. While my intentions weren't necessarily for the best, I can't escape the fact that I was being massively selfish and irresponsible. Adrian has a child from a guy he met once from France, which is depressing on its own terms, but it's still Adrian's baby boy. He'll love him no matter what happens. I'm just concerned Rafael won't be so accepting of Richard...

Switching subjects, Adrian is dealing with a vampire boyfriend, and he doesn't have much of a clue about that particular race. What's Adrian in store for? Will he or even Richard be turned in the future. Rafael and Adrian are meant for each other...their simply can't be a split. Not an option. But...vampires... :-/

What is to become of this from my sim's selfishness and irresponsiblity? Do I maintain a friendship with the foreigner, so he knows he has a baby boy? Or do I forget he ever existed? Can any of the more experienced people here on the forums offer some advice on how to hand that situation? I'm open to any kind of advice.

And what about...being in love with a vampire? What's in store?

What has Adrian done, how can he work it all out?!
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:36 AM
Um. My advice - throw away all those insane mods.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:42 AM

Just do whatever you want with your sims. If you don't like vamps, have whatshisface move in and then cure him. You can buy vamp cure stuff at the science building IIRC. It's your game - you may have to, y'know, figure this stuff out for yourself. That's what the game's all about... making choices for your sims' lives.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:47 AM
Would a human-vampire love relationship workout? Is it dangerous?

What about Richard's foreign father? Should he be kept in the dark (for fear of making things even more complicated)? Or should he know?

What happens when a human and a vampire have a baby? Erm...what kind of baby is it? LMAO.

P.S. I love my mods. They aren't going anywhere. :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:53 AM
No, it's not dangerous. When a vamp is a in a relationship with a sim, they can feed on them, but I don't think it has any lasting negative effects.

I don't think there's really any option to tell the real father about the baby anyway, so whether or not you ever see him again is really up to you.

Children of a vamp and regular sim have a 50% chance of being vampires themselves.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:54 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the advice guys. BTW...I'm loving the game so much more FUN with these new expansion packs that've come out. They've really livened things up...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:14 AM
You may want to think of posting this as a long-running story (with pictures!) in the Creativity: Stories section. You seem to have a flair for it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:20 AM
I wouldn't say that. I'm gonna have to agree with HP.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inventor
#9 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 2:30 AM
Any Sim will accept and give attention to a sim baby if they take care of them long enough. You have to watch them closely at first, but when Polly showed up with a baby one day, I put her in a house and tracked down the father, Harry, and dumped him in too, after about a week he was good about it though it did cut short his partying lifestyle for a while. He was a little mean at first and it was his child. The "mom" can be ditzy for about three Sim days so its kind of hard at first, but most do fine. Darlene Bunch had one and while I was tracking down the dad she had another baby with Cycl0n Sw0rd.... which dad do I put in?
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
Um. My advice - throw away all those insane mods.

Agreed.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins