Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:25 AM
question regarding hair color changes in mirror and genetics
I was under the impression that the hair color you created your sims with was their hair color genetically, and if you later altered it in the mirror, the genetics wouldn't change.

BUT lo-and-behold, my ginger girl and blonde boy popped out a little girl with black hair. I made both the parent sims in CAS, so they're 1st gen. During the pregnency, I changed the man's hair color to black in the mirror. VRY CURIOUS. Does anyone know if genes are altered from changing hair color in the mirror?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 4:01 AM
Yes, in TS3, whatever hair color your Sim is currently wearing is their "genetic" color and can be passed on to their offspring. This includes crazy dye jobs.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 4:42 AM
Sims simply don't have hair color genetics. The only nod to hair color at all is the fact that they copy off a parent as a placeholder. If you REALLY want to track hair genetics, you can do it manually...not that you seem to care, since you're changing them all anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 5:28 AM
Most of the Sim Toddlers in the game have uncute hair, the ponytails and the little ribbon are the cutest so I almost always change the toddler girls hair. Has anyone had the ponytails come up as a spin?