Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 23
Test Subject
#426 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM
Default Thanks
Thank you you make the coolest things
Lab Assistant
#427 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 10:11 AM
Hi there,
firstly, thanks a bunch, it's a great program really! Works like a charm and helps me get my things organized.
Now, I've been doing a lot of extracting packages from store worlds lately - I don't want to be forced to keep a world installed forever, just to be able to use, say, a chair that came with it. Usually, I clone these objects with S3OC after extraction, so things don't get messed up in case I forget and later reinstall the world. All that works just fine with normal objects like chairs.
Trees and plants are a different matter altogether I know,you cannot clone them etc. But lately, I've been wondering: If I simply extracted them like the other things, NOT cloned them, and put the resulting packages (unchanged except for the necessary decrypting) in my Mods folder - shouldn't they work properly? Or is there something else that they need, some other files or such that cannot be extracted/created? Or can they only work when installed in the DCache files? - The reason is, I really love some plants that came with Aurora Skies, but I hate the world and everything else in it. So it would be great if I could extract just those plants. But I'm sort of cowardly to just go ahead and try, and so was wondering if you knew anything that would help me at least estimate the risk beforehand ;-)
Test Subject
#428 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:01 PM Last edited by ÄppelPie : 4th Oct 2013 at 7:16 PM.
How to download Custrad??
There are no list step-by-step. Can't deny I'm not any computer expert, but despite my best efforts the square with the following text will appear : "Can't open the file".. I'm in critical need of removing bad CC, really! So if anyone help me out with this extremely minor difficulty - I'd be soo GREATFUL! I can't offer you anything in return, tho I would if I could.. but perhaps a depoist containing a virtually pixelated cookie would be enough to lure your willingness into helping me out? Please....?

P.S. The aim for "efforts" consited by extracting, and dubble clicking, right clicking -> opening the file, for instance. To specify the translation of that square from swedish onto english, "Can't open the file" "The file can't be opened if windows don't know what program should be used to open it. An automatic search-through can be done on the internet, or you can self choose in a list which has programs installed on your computer". Not the best translation, you have to excuse.

I've tried my best to be specific enough, in hope I'll patiently wait til' som expert come to my rescue and explain the logic of windows software.
Test Subject
#429 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Hi I'm using Custard on Mac and when I scan my "Downloads" folder, a lot (almost all) of my CC downloaded from creators around the web (like clothing from Anubis) doesn't show up in the list of sims3pack, does someone know why ?

And when I try to uncheck some .package in a sims3pack file and "Save As..." through Custard, re-opening that new file crashes Custard, is that normal ?

Mine works almost fine even if it is unstable (crashes, blocks etc).
Try to reinstall mono maybe ? I think I remember I had to download a specific (older) version of Mono, not the most recent one, did you had to do that too ?

It could be so simply as you have your firewall on (if you have windows), you know, the one who blocks autonumous programs from running viral or fluently (virus or not)? It's that program which any windows computer have installed automatically under manufacture - an insanely obnoxious firewall if you ask me. For negative relazation here, I can't help you on how to re-modify its centre of settings, unfortunately. Thought I should point that out tho, so now you may at least know what causes it. It's surprisingly and commingly the topping wherefore among the most profound reasons as to why you can't alter the programs you normally would and want, that isn't even a risque to violating your system.

That's all knowledge I posses about the OS, Windows.. a chocker huh? well.. it's in the middle of a friday evening over here, I'm sort of ditching all the fun events occouring around me, so with those last words, I'll hand you and me a virtual drink as we seemingly sit in the same boat with the same amount of problems concerning the bad CC that fucks up our gameplay and depresses our everyday life. Here's to us (take this with a pinch of salt)... Soon enough the wonderful custard creation will come to our final rescue of retrieving the functionable gameplay instead of us experiencing the corrupted gameplay we normally encounter..

Have a nice evening! Hope I was to any help!
Test Subject
#430 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:27 PM Last edited by ÄppelPie : 4th Oct 2013 at 8:39 PM.
Goooooooood!!!! I'm such a dimwit! What an idiot! x3
All this time.. it was right under my nose! It took merely 2 minutes to install once I found your tutotial! Soo laughable....
At least I have it now, so I guess I can't complain! Thank you A LOT Crinrict (she redirected me here) and you of course, DELPHY! *Applauds*

Time to imprison those bandits, to frame their faculties. YIHAA! My happiness it about to explode, All this time, I haven't been able to play the darn game in almost a year! if I knew it required such little effort what I would have done..

BEST FRIDAY IN THE WHOLE YEAR! (That's how a true TS nerd speaks!)
Test Subject
#431 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 3:10 AM
Doesn't do anything. As soon as I click it it says that it has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution. Then absolutely nothing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#432 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 12:45 PM
What about Mac users
Instructor
THANKS POST
#433 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 10:17 PM
*begin The Cars mode* "I'd say / it's just / what I needed!!! / " *end The Cars mode*
Test Subject
#434 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:40 AM
I just have a quick question: You can only check one at a time? How do you know which ones to check? I have thousands of downloads... Please, advise.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#435 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 10:07 AM
tx_bronze: It's not really meant as a "checker". It's meant for people who are creating Sims3Packs to "clean" them prior to uploading to a website.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#436 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:23 AM Last edited by haukke4 : 17th Jan 2014 at 8:34 AM.
Default Understanding
Hello Delphy,
Sorry for writing in this old thread Just new to Sims 3 (yes I was in a cave all this time lmao)
I need Understanding / Learning
I have installed sims 3 Game all EP / SP up to Island of P with 1.55 patch

I use your Dashboard, Awesome by the way , the Dashboaed checks package file for Corrupt,Duplicates,Conflicts, Sims2 package files etc. I have downloaded a lots of cc package as well as Sims3pack.
I've notice that when the Launcher installs the sims3pack, it compress them into a .dbc format (the largest i have is 378,000 kb) , while i use the Dashboard I found I had a few sim2 package file in my mod folder (deleted them of course), some cc that I acquired came from the same cc creators as the sims2 packages, i notice that some files came with a package file and a sim3pack file, I found that the package file was listed as a sims2 package file, Is it possible for cc creators to have sims2 package files in a Sim3pack file,
Does this program work like your Dashboard, Where it can scan A folder (full of Sim3pack files) and shows the Corrupt,Duplicates,Conflicts, Sims2 package files etc. in each of the sim3pack files? or
Do I have to select each individual Sim3pack file each time to scan?
Is there a tool / program that works like your Dashboard on sim3pack files in a multiple amount like Dashboard does with package files?

I have usesd the S3PE tool to compress large amounts of package files into 1 single package file (after the dashboard check) like all my build/buy cc items (530 Files, 405 MB) and made it a build,package (229 MB) which all items show/work in-game no noticeable lagging.
Ps. I have installed all Sims3 store premium stuff, items & gifts (mostly Sim3pack files) up to August of 2013 as well

Is it better for me to extract all packages from Sim3pack and compress them myself? (I hope you say no, I have only clothes items to finish installing, around 1 GB of Sim3pack's) if SO what program needed?
Or is it better for me to use the launcher to compress them into .dbc format for the game to read it or perform better?
Ps before I reinstalled windows (new comp ) I used the package file instead of Sim3pack if availiable.

Conducting Parallel Simulated Fantasy Experiments
THANKS POST
#437 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:39 AM
Since it is now 2014, I am hoping most of the bugs are out. All my sims are slowly being born or showing up walking around town with the "naked hooker boots" after some searching online, I was lead here! I already LOVE your other dashboards and so I am sure I will LOVE THIS ONE! Site that lead me here ---> http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/sims-3-how-to-find-and-remove-naked.html <---- Thanks again!!!
THANKS POST
#438 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:25 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#439 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:44 AM
thank you so very much for this ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#440 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 3:38 PM
:-))
THANKS POST
#441 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:50 PM
thnx i can use this
Test Subject
#442 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brennerbabe
Since it is now 2014, I am hoping most of the bugs are out. All my sims are slowly being born or showing up walking around town with the "naked hooker boots" after some searching online, I was lead here! I already LOVE your other dashboards and so I am sure I will LOVE THIS ONE! Site that lead me here ---> http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.c...move-naked.html <---- Thanks again!!!

Those da*mn hooker boots! -_- There was this thread, and it was called "Base game hooker boots not only ruining my game, but my life!" I remember when I had them in my game, I couldn't even adopt or have a baby, they would have those. But that's why I'm here now, so I don't get any corrupted or poorly coded cc in my game, or anything bad for that matter.

c'est la vie
Test Subject
#443 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 1:04 PM
very good
very good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#444 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 1:24 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#445 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 5:09 AM
thanks.
Test Subject
#446 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
tx_bronze: It's not really meant as a "checker". It's meant for people who are creating Sims3Packs to "clean" them prior to uploading to a website.

Can it be used as a checker? My game has been having a lot of issues and I've checked all of my packages, but I have no way to check my Sims3Packs. Is there a way to use this so that I can?
Test Subject
#447 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 12:55 AM
Do you know where I can find a sims3pack checker? I love the dashboard for the package files I would really love something like that for the sims3pack files.
Lab Assistant
#448 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 4:01 AM
CUSTARD can check some things in a Sim3pack (Individually but not multiple like Dashboard) as it states in the Description,
Although I use Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter to extract the Package files out of the Sim3pack,
Then use the Dashboard to check it if is ok I then can install the Sim3pack or just leave it as a package file in my Mods folder
Hope that Helps

Conducting Parallel Simulated Fantasy Experiments
Test Subject
#449 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
I'm having some trouble installing this wonderful program. I'm using 7zip, and I can open the .rar file, but when I try and copy the CUSTARD .exe file, it says I didn't install it corrrectly but I've re-done it like 5 times and I'm following the instructions. Help please?
Test Subject
#450 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 12:13 PM
Woop, don't fear internet, I figured it out. I wasn't copying the MadScience stuff across as well... because that would've been the smart thing to do -_-
Page 18 of 23