Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 4:04 AM
Default Baby got taken away...
Anyway, I made my Sims' baby get taken away so it could be adopted by one of his relatives. Well, I didn't realize that it you can't do that! So, since then he's moved in with this relative, and his baby (who is now a toddler) still shows in his relationship panel and he still gets wants involving him. Is there anyway I can find this kid? Thanks in advance! ^^
Oh, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I'm a noob.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 8:48 PM
Buugggar....... as far as i know there is no way to get them back. For future reference, the best way to do that is to move in with the relative then move out again minus the kid. You dont get any of the moodlets tho i guess...
Inventor
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 9:08 PM
Can you still autoselect the want to make it the top want by clicking on it? Sometimes they will try to autofulfil it, but I have only tried that when the Sim "forgot" and went home without their child and I couldnt remember where it was.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:12 PM
It's just a matter of fact that it can sometimes happen. My sim neglected her baby, she got taken away then 'bam' she(the baby) ended up with her neighbour.
Wait, you say relative. What about finding your sims relatives house, moving in. Then you can move out with the toddler? Then you know, life goes on. xD
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:19 AM
The baby should end up "adopted" by another household in town. You could check around for him, ring every doorbell, and if you find him you can cheat to add him to the active family.
Inventor
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:26 AM
Does that mean that all the babies that are missing will be adopted localy?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 12:10 AM
I thought that if a kid gets taken by social services in TS3 they are gone forever (unlike TS2 where someone else can adopt them). Has this changed with a patch or something?