Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:54 AM
Default A question about the MTS site?
I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but I noticed under my username it says "Lab Assistant" . What on earth is that? I don't remember ever putting it there, or is it something the site automatically gives me?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question!
I hope this doesn't fall under the "Please note that staff will lock or delete any posts deemed too stupid/spammy/whatever" rule.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:57 AM
It's automatic. It's called a user title. Which user title you get depends on your post count - as you post more, it will change; there's no list and at what level you get each one though (as we don't want people to post a bunch of nonsense just to get their user title changed). Staff can have a custom user title, you can get a custom user title for donating at a certain level, and sometimes staff will change a user's title for some other reason.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:24 PM
Huh. I always thought I was an inventor because I made some crappy houses a while back. (And some mods before that, but those went out of date or became redundant)

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:12 AM
Thank you.
Scholar
#5 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:07 PM
See? I'm a scholar. I know, I'm genius.

*eh*

Hey there! :)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paksetti
Huh. I always thought I was an inventor because I made some crappy houses a while back. (And some mods before that, but those went out of date or became redundant)
Actually, I think it's influenced by that, too. It's also why your username is golden.

Which reminds me: I've got to publish a lot or two so I can get a gold username and inflate my ego some more.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th May 2012 at 7:19 PM
Oh, is it meant to be golden? I thought it was orange.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Helptato
#8 Old 18th May 2012 at 8:54 PM
Orange usernames are awesome I forgot what my title was, I think it might be influenced by post count or something?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Scholar
#9 Old 18th May 2012 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh, is it meant to be golden? I thought it was orange.

Don't address the lower class, dear. We gold-texted must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

(although yeah, it's probably orange)

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Scholar
#10 Old 19th May 2012 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paksetti
Don't address the lower class, dear. We gold-texted must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Thou shalt not spoke to those worthless scum! 'Tis bad! We are on higher class!

*run from all Mods*

DON'T DELETE THIS POOOOOOOOST!! ><

Hey there! :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure it's mostly post count. I am, apparently, a Top Secret Researcher because I cannot STFU. Pity my actual qualifications/job didn't/doesn't work that way.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:46 PM
Well I appear to have a rather large count myself.. must be all the s I consume on a daily basis.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:53 PM
I think all creators get orange/golden usernames. I do not have a lot of posts, but my name is still orange.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Scholar
#14 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:55 PM
Pft, field researcher? *Mumbles about always having to go out and work in "the field" while everyone else gets to stay in the AC.*

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Alchemist
#15 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:48 PM
I'm a Theorist. Though the first time I saw the title, I thought it was "Terrorist".

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... and sometimes staff will change a user's title for some other reason.

I would love to know under what circumstances that occurs!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#17 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I would love to know under what circumstances that occurs!

Me too! Does a moderator change it? Are you presented it on the Oprah Show?

Wait, what's that. It's cancelled!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!!! When did this happen!?

Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:06 AM
I had a feeling it had something to do with the number of posts you make. I just wasn't sure... So thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:27 AM
I think the gold names are to do with being a creator, I noticed mine changed right after I uploaded my first lot. Maybe those with black names should be feeding us grapes? :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think the gold names are to do with being a creator, I noticed mine changed right after I uploaded my first lot. Maybe those with black names should be feeding us grapes? :P

Yes, the gold (orange) names are for creators.

I am apparently now a theorist - more evidence I post too much.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#21 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

You mean you haven't been assigned a minion yet? I've already worn out the first 2 and just acquired a third. (Them are some mighty big grapes I be eatin.)
Scholar
#22 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You mean you haven't been assigned a minion yet? I've already worn out the first 2 and just acquired a third. (Them are some mighty big grapes I be eatin.)

Oh, god. I'm next!

But, seriously guys. Don't be hatin' on us black names.

As Martin Luther King Jr. once said. "Don not judge one by the color of their name, but the intelligence of their posts"

Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz

I haven't gotten ANY minions yet. I suck. But, I'll be YOUR minion, MLC. Have a grape. I even peeled it for you and made sure that it's seedless... ('Cuz iCad's buckin' for more Maxis completer-y thingies, y'see... )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:31 PM
*slaps self* So that was what was in the welcome pack, a minion! Mine must be sleeping.

ICad your name is gold-do not be feeding the minions grapes!

Seriously I often wonder why some people don't upload their lots. I've seen some great creations on the photo thread by 'non creators' that I would love to download!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:41 PM
But, but..she was feeding ME a grape. And my name is GOLD!!

...trying to steal my minion is what you're doing...some people!
Page 1 of 2