Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 2:11 AM
Default "Can't level terrain" problem when placing foundation.
I'm trying to place a foundation for a greek house (they've been living on the lawn for a few semesters saving up)... The lot is flat as a brick, yet when I try to place the foundation, it turns red and says "can't level terrain". When I try to level the terrain, the same thing happens.

I'm not trying to build a basement (the search I did came up with people having problems with basements), and I have made sure that I deleted the old roof.

What am I missing? I'd hate to have to move off the lot because I'll take quite a hit for depreciation.

--Jill
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 2:26 AM
I'm going to move this into the Build Mode forum as this seems like a building question to me.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:06 PM
I'm having the same problem on one lot. I've been told the boolprop cheat works, am going to try it myself now. Will let you know how it works.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:18 PM
Make sure you don't have any tiles (flooring) still in place on the ground or overhead. You can't place foundations around walls unless you use the cheat.

The cheat is boolprop constrainFloorElevation false

When you're done put in boolprop constrainFloorElevation true to go back to normal.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:32 PM Last edited by makibird : 25th Mar 2005 at 2:37 PM. Reason: Updating
Thanks dmbjt.

I've tried it, and now I can place foundation over all bar one tile. When I try to cover that tile, it tells me it can't intersect other objects. However, there's nothing there :confused:

Edit: I'm using TS2, not university, so must be a bug with that.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:44 PM Last edited by makibird : 25th Mar 2005 at 2:44 PM. Reason: Corrections.
Well, I've moved my sims off the lot, and then back on, and it's not happening now. The only thing I can think of is that the program still thought that there was an object there (I started building the house before I realised I'd forgotten the foundations >.<)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies