Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 3:20 PM
Betrayal Moodlet??
I've got an interesting dilemma going on with my Sims. I've got a mother, her two young adult daughters and the one daughter's husband living in one house together. Anytime that any of them interact with either of the married party (or vice versa with them interacting with the others) the other one gets the Betrayal moodlet, and their relationship drops all the way into the red, like they're complete enemies. This happens even when the daughter is talking to her mother.

My game is modded out the wazoo (I'm not using AmesomeMod, tho), so I'm wondering if it could be a mod conflict of some sort. Originally, I thought that it may have to do with the married couples traits (both were Hopeless Romantic, and Over-Emotional), so I changed the traits and it is still happening.

I'm not really complaining, as it does make for one hell of an interesting game with all the cat-fighting, arguing and fist fighting that's going on ... but has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 2:34 PM
bump...
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:16 PM
Saw someone mention this problem at MATY. That could of course have been you but if not you could do a search over there and see if he/her got an answer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 11:10 PM
You're sure it isn't normal? What I mean is both the other ladies have at one time or other been romantically involved with the guy, so now they're jealous? I'm simply asking something obvious since you haven't specifically mentioned it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:06 AM
Only the daughter that's married to the guy has any romantic attachment to him. Now, they all have the flirty trait, but I'm also using a No Jealousy mod which has worked in the past with other Sims. It seems like this household specifically. I'm thinking of bailing on them altogether, because it's getting very annoying.

I moved the married couple out of the house, thinking this would resolve the issue - but the other daughter became very angry with the mother (and got the witnessed betrayal moodlet) when the mother had a friendly conversation with a visitor. This is getting ridiculous! I can't do anything with them, except constantly try to repair the broken relationships.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:20 AM
If you've got a mod that directly affects jealousy and betrayal - which you do - you're better off posting this in the forum where you downloaded it, since it's probably what is causing it. The game does have issues with sims getting that moodlet constantly (however, it's not a bug), but if you say that the people getting "betrayed" don't have any reason to (nobody is flirting with their partner), then it probably is something to do with the mod.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:46 AM
Someone has reported this before, but I've never been able to reproduce it, and since you suck and don't use AwesomeMod, now I know it's someone else's fault! Ha! Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Someone has reported this before, but I've never been able to reproduce it, and since you suck and don't use AwesomeMod, now I know it's someone else's fault! Ha! Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Since reinstalling the game, I am using AwesomeMod and Awesome No Jealousy. Still having the same issue.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:27 PM
...take out the 'no jealousy' one then. As I already suggested previously, it is probably something to do with that.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:30 PM
Yesterday the mother in my family was getting the betrayed moodlet when her adult daughter flirted with the ghost in their house. I don't think the mother had any relationship with the ghost so the only thing I can think of is that the ghost is married to someone else and the mother didn't approve?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:14 PM
I dont know but I think those mods f your game up. All I did was use a couple cheats and now my game messes up all the time....
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:46 PM
The base game is fully capable of messing itself up without mods. The cheats you used is probably not the reason.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phenexwitch
Since reinstalling the game, I am using AwesomeMod and Awesome No Jealousy. Still having the same issue.

It's the Awesome No Jealousy mod messing up your sims, remove it as Haylz suggests. A no jealousy mod is actually quite complicated and difficult to make correctly such that it functions as it should in all possible thinkable situations every time; I've been working on mine for maybe 3-4 weeks (?) off and on. The part not working in mine is a similar type of situation you're describing, where simA does some normal friendly conversation with a visitor, and simB (better half) suddenly gets blown away Betrayed because of Friendly Hug or whatever. A betrayal that NEVER would or has happened in my games before (with base game).

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 6:23 PM
I will definitely try removing the No Jealousy mod. Thank you for all the suggestions.

Here's something really weird. I switched households and made the wife call up an ex-boyfriend. When he showed up, I had her flirt with him right in front of her husband, and guess what? No Betrayal moodlet. Truly strange ... I'm beginning to think that it may be something specifically with the other household.

It is a complicated family - the adult female (Morgan) was married to an evil criminal(Diablo), He had an affair that produced twins (2 girls). He killed the mother of the twins by starving her and starved and neglected the two girls because he wanted a son to carry on his name. Social workers took the twins. He then had another affair with a vagrant, which produced twin boys. He moved the mother in while she was pregnant, and then killed her off after the boys were born. Morgan and Diablo raised the boys together after the birth mother's death. One of the twins died while I was playing another household, leaving one son (Dante). Morgan and Diablo went on to have triplets (girls) after that. Again, one of the triplets died while I was in another house ... the second of the triplets drowned in a public pool with the family right there, but since Morgan is a scientist, the drowned daughter is now a playable ghost. When Diablo's son Dante became an adult, he and Morgan fell in love. Desperate to begin a life with Dante, Morgan killed Diablo by walling him into the swimming pool. Now, Morgan and Dante are a couple and they share a household with the two remaining daughters (his half-sisters), plus the ghost daughter's husband and infant daughter.

What a tangled web!!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:12 AM
I've got an interesting dilemma going on with my Sims. I've got a mother, her two young adult daughters and the one daughter's husband living in one house together. Anytime that any of them interact with either of the married party (or vice versa with them interacting with the others) the other one gets the Betrayal moodlet, and their relationship drops all the way into the red, like they're complete enemies. This happens even when the daughter is talking to her mother.

My game is modded out the wazoo (I'm not using AmesomeMod, tho), so I'm wondering if it could be a mod conflict of some sort. Originally, I thought that it may have to do with the married couples traits (both were Hopeless Romantic, and Over-Emotional), so I changed the traits and it is still happening.

I'm not really complaining, as it does make for one hell of an interesting game with all the cat-fighting, arguing and fist fighting that's going on ... but has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?

This occurs in my game between members of the household and the toddlers in the house whenever I am switching between Awesomemod and Inteen for various story lines.

...didn't realize there was a discussion about it, or I woulda pitched in It didn't bother me much, and I assumed/knew why it had happened. You could probably use the moodlet manager if you do get irritated by the betrayal moodlet. You can also ctrl-click on 'em to make them go poof... that's either a testingcheatsenabled and/or an Awesomemod thing. I do not suck and I use Awesomemod primarily, so I usually ctrl-click 'em
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:19 AM
Only the daughter that's married to the guy has any romantic attachment to him. Now, they all have the flirty trait, but I'm also using a No Jealousy mod which has worked in the past with other Sims. It seems like this household specifically. I'm thinking of bailing on them altogether, because it's getting very annoying.

I moved the married couple out of the house, thinking this would resolve the issue - but the other daughter became very angry with the mother (and got the witnessed betrayal moodlet) when the mother had a friendly conversation with a visitor. This is getting ridiculous! I can't do anything with them, except constantly try to repair the broken relationships.

Is it possible you can share this family with us? It sounds kinda interesting.