Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Locked thread | Replies: 1398 (Who?), Viewed: 156238 times. | Locked by: Numenor Reason: Please refer to the ACTIVE THREAD ([url]http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795)[/url]. This is only an archive of old posts.
Page 56 of 56
Test Subject
#1377 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 3:29 AM
hey there, it's a good site for textures... there's loads of places where you can find freebe texture resources.

btw i'm downloading the tutorial. i wanna see how it works if i just change the program from blender3d to 3d studio max. Wish me luck

sera
Test Subject
#1378 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:26 PM
I need help... On Wings 3D tutorial , it says to right click then select tesalate. But its not in the list. Infact most the things on the menu aren't there at all.
Part-time Hermit
#1379 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withhold
I need help... On Wings 3D tutorial , it says to right click then select tesalate. But its not in the list. Infact most the things on the menu aren't there at all.

You see those four "pyramids" on top of the screen in Wings 3D? Click on the third from the left, to go on "face selection mode". Then you should get the tesselate option .
Test Subject
#1380 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 9:53 PM
Ok thanks. but now im having more problems. In SimPE i dont have the button assign hash
Part-time Hermit
#1381 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 9:56 PM
Oh, the newer versions of SimPE don't have that button anymore, because it's unnecessary. You can just skip that step .
Test Subject
#1383 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 7:36 PM
Blender
Hey, I used the tut for blender and after I was done I tried to find the object in The Sims 2 but I couldn't find it! I fallowed the tut to the dot but still nothig.I'm using Blender 2.41. When I export, Blender gives me some options but I don't know what to pick. This also creates problems with the UV unraping. Does anyone Know whats wrong?
Part-time Hermit
#1384 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 7:51 PM
Did you put the created package file into your Downloads folder?
Fluffy
staff: retired moderator
#1386 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 10:34 AM
Zeus,

the obj. exporter changed drastically with version 2.41
what you need to do, before uv-mapping, is leave all the buttons, but press 'normals', like in the pic
the same applies after you've uv-mapped (when you've taken the materials back off)
I find that works best. I'll rewrite the tut after i've messed around with this new Blender some more

when you say you can't see the object, what do you mean?
is it in the catalog, but invisible? In that case you'll need to go to the 'groups' tab of the gmdc, and rename your mesh back to 'table-dining'. It's probably something like 'SimpeGlobal' now.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1388 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:25 AM
This tutorial helped me soooo much!! Thanks a bunch!
Part-time Hermit
#1389 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:38 AM
Congratulations for your finished project!
Test Subject
#1391 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 7:33 PM
I would like to see a new tut because their is a new vesion of SimPE, without the assign Hash.

By the way, I found the object but it but it was compleatly invisible! It still registers in the game, but it's no use to me if I cann't see it.
Part-time Hermit
#1392 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 8:52 PM
For the invisible object problem, check the mesh name in Geometric Data Container on the Models list. What is it called? If you made the dining table, the mesh name should be "tabledining", just like the original one. If it's something else, the object will be invisible. If the name is wrong, click on the Groups tab, click on the name you need to edit and change it to what it needs to be in the box on the right, then commit and save.
Test Subject
#1394 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:35 PM
What about the assign Hash?
Part-time Hermit
#1395 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:46 PM
You can just skip that step, it's not necessary .
Test Subject
#1396 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 1:39 AM
Thanks, I downloaded the Milkshape tutorial, as well as Milkshape, and it seemd to work fine. Now I only wish their would be a tutorial for LightWave...

Visit my site at www.kingdomof3d.com.
Lab Assistant
#1397 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 11:05 PM
Thanks IgnorantBliss
#1398 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 5:45 PM
I dont no what to download....
Part-time Hermit
#1399 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 7:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoggl
I dont no what to download....

Download the tutorial, open it, and on the first pages it tells you what programs you need.
Closed Thread
Page 56 of 56