Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3026 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:11 AM
There's like a whole page full of deleted posts. What the hell happened!? O___O
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3027 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Speaking of news or rather de-confirmations, there is, or maybe was, a thread at the officials that proposing while sitting was confirmed to be not in the game but "tons and tons" of other romantic sitting socials. Was there ever anything that alluded to this?

SimGuruAzure tweeted that.
Alchemist
#3028 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Something about laundry. I kid you not.
Lab Assistant
#3029 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Well, up until today, it has. Come Monday morning, we shall see if it's all been said, Margaret. I don't believe for a minute they are through cutting stuff out yet. There is probably a "week of intense" that's happening about now. Just my opinion, but I'm waiting to see what else goes.

Oh of course not. Yet EA doesn't think a delay is a good idea. For Godsakes when your fans are begging for it.....why not?
Lab Assistant
#3030 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Some jerk decided to start an argument with people for no reason. It's not worth going into.
Alchemist
#3031 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
SimGuruAzure tweeted that.

She guesses. Guesses?
Lab Assistant
#3032 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
For one, they seem to be short on time. Leaving out toddlers was not a design decision from day one but seems to be a sacrifice made for the sake of meeting the deadline. One could speculate that the same went on for teens.

Secondly they focus on a process that allows cheap and fast creation of animations. They want to roll out their premium objects like sausages, eventually outsourcing the artistic process and all. Having multiple or even flexible heights and flexible body proportions pushes the amount of combinations that have to be tested towards infinite. All of this has to be tested in the creation process and once again in QA.
Technically possible but more expensive.

I don't remember where i read this, but I believe a Simguru was once asked if the game could have variable body heights and the answer was something like "the whole of china does not have enough capacity to create all those animations"... hence my idea that they might be outsourcing the process.

Thing is, even with that, an inch or two wouldn't change as much as you'd think. There'd be error, yes, but it wouldn't be as bad as you'd think.

Also, they could do what they did in 3. Ever notice when a short sim shakes hands with a tall one the hands kinda lock onto each other?
Mad Poster
#3033 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:19 AM
TONS AND TONS of content, but not a LIKE or a SUCH AS for miles.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#3034 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:20 AM
Well, up until today, it has. Come Monday morning, we shall see if it's all been said, Margaret. I don't believe for a minute they are through cutting stuff out yet. There is probably a "week of intense" that's happening about now. Just my opinion, but I'm waiting to see what else goes.
(Okay, which one of you is brekking de internetz?)

Oh I absolutely agree. Personally I think that's why we haven't seen a gameplay video yet. And wouldn't that have been the perfect thing to throw at us after the big toddler reveal? If gameplay is so awesome, why is it a secret? Why can't Grant show us screen shots? We should have seen *something* by now, but by now they've realized that if there's a fuckup therein, we will find it. So I'm betting we're not going to see any live gameplay. I bet they are carefully choreographing a gameplay video so they can be all "look what I can do! emotions! wrestler masks!" while being careful to hide any other omissions.

Alchemist
#3035 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
TONS AND TONS of content, but not a sink LIKE or a SUCH AS for miles.

Sorry. Not understanding what you mean.
Theorist
#3036 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Ah, ok, so that's the same reference that I saw alluding to it being a matter of time constraint. I'm still not so sure it wasn't an excuse to hide a business decision to separate toddlers into their own EP for additional profit, especially as they could then rape us on toddler store content. I hope to be proven wrong, in any case.

It's all just so slap-shod. I mean, they couldn't even be bothered to really make teens, so we've got basically 4 adult life stages.

I know, it's all been said at this point, lol. I'm just so mad about it.

I feel sure they have already done some work on the toddlers. Even if they haven't, at some point someone said something like; 'holy cow, we can't finish all this in time for that release date, what should we cut?'. And someone decided it would be toddlers. I do realize that they would require quite a bit of work, because I believe that they intended to add a lot more family play in this version, but I'm not convinced that it was any more work than what they decided to include. So yeah, I'm thinking that $$$$ played into the decision.

At any rate, now we are stuck paying something like $100 for the game if you want to play a whole family - somehow I doubt they are going to include any life stage in a patch.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#3037 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
A few of us disliking a video won't make EA delay TS4, there's no way it's gonna be delayed at this stage.
But hopefully, if the reviews in september are suckish, that'll kick EA into gear.

I'm hoping that by the time that TS4 Generations EP come out the Base Game sales would have done so poorly that they release a Deluxe version (Base Game + EP) with a comparable price.

Only way I'm going to get TS4.
Mad Poster
#3038 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:24 AM

I make a typo and left in Sink.

I mean, the gurus keep saying there's a lot of this and that, but never give examples. I know it's twitter, but god... make 2 posts or something. 9_9

Lab Assistant
#3039 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:24 AM

I think they mean, they haven't elaborated on any of the content they promised to show.
Theorist
#3040 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I resent the fact that my Fucket List was deleted.

I resent that my posts were deleted because I think I made some valid and important posts about EA marketing and the tendency for Simmers to make wild and usually inaccurate guesses about what will be in the game. I guess I'll have to watch for some other opportune time to say it again.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#3041 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:27 AM Last edited by Consort : 29th Jun 2014 at 4:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
I'm still not so sure it wasn't an excuse to hide a business decision to separate toddlers into their own EP for additional profit, especially as they could then rape us on toddler store content. I hope to be proven wrong, in any case.

Exactly. Leaving out toddlers does not make sense from a greedy business point of view but neither from a development point of view (huge pain to service an OPTIONAL life stage in the game).

Hence I believe it's a deadline related issue. It's just the most logical explanation at hand.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Theorist
#3042 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:29 AM
Well, leaving out toddlers does increase the potential amount of toddler DLC, does it not?

Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#3043 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Animator606432
Oh of course not. Yet EA doesn't think a delay is a good idea. For Godsakes when your fans are begging for it.....why not?

I believe because the end of september is the end of the quarter for financing and accounting. Games make most of their money in the first few days, so it's most likely because EA wants some cash flow to close out the quarter.
Alchemist
#3044 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:41 AM
Not exactly true. They made the social bunny into a damn guitar - on that last video, anyway. Not that it's what people meant, but damn it, I'm picky and pissed off right now.

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah

@victwhat There is no tragic clown or social bunny in The Sims 4. But we do have the cowplant! I would love to see the bunny return someday.
Lab Assistant
#3045 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Wild Turkey
I believe because the end of september is the end of the quarter for financing and accounting. Games make most of their money in the first few days, so it's most likely because EA wants some cash flow to close out the quarter.

Yeab you're probably right, but it doesn't seem like a smart move to me. I don't know much about business but isn't customer loyalty part of it? If they burn sim players again like they did with simcity 2013, wouldn't that do more harm?
Mad Poster
#3046 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I resent that my posts were deleted because I think I made some valid and important posts about EA marketing and the tendency for Simmers to make wild and usually inaccurate guesses about what will be in the game. I guess I'll have to watch for some other opportune time to say it again.

I missed everything but it's the old props stuff again, right? Yet they want us to pay all that money for a game of pretend.

There will always be a segment of the community that believe the props have a purpose in the game, other than story-telling. Fell for it again, eh? SMH

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#3047 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Animator606432
Yeab you're probably right, but it doesn't seem like a smart move to me. I don't know much about business but isn't customer loyalty part of it? If they burn sim players again like they did with simcity 2013, wouldn't that do more harm?

This is more of an abusive relationship, akin to Stockholm Syndrome - EA knows the Sims is crack and they take full advantage of this. EA has the power to knuckle and dime it's consumers for chairs, and they're ok with shelling out endless pits of money to hey said chairs - while I understand that the game is expensive, EA pushes boundaries and they push them because they can get away with it? What happens when EA gets called out? fans rush in to save the day, rather than maintaining a critical eye.

If you were a junkie, would you cut off your pusher?

Alchemist
#3048 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
This is more of an abusive relationship, akin to Stockholm Syndrome - EA knows the Sims is crack and they take full advantage of this. EA has the power to knuckle and dime it's consumers for chairs, and they're ok with shelling out endless pits of money to hey said chairs - while I understand that the game is expensive, EA pushes boundaries and they push them because they can get away with it? What happens when EA gets called out? fans rush in to save the day, rather than maintaining a critical eye.

If you were a junkie, would you cut off your pusher?

Well, a person could "switch their drug of choice" though, couldn't they?
ETA: Also, my "pusher" Sims 2 & 3, well, they sorta keep on givin' whether I'm broke or not. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#3049 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baboontje
Yo hoo hoo and a bottle of rum!

This.

EA wants to treat me like a beta tester. Let me treat them like a beta tester.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#3050 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScottAsher
Thing is, even with that, an inch or two wouldn't change as much as you'd think. There'd be error, yes, but it wouldn't be as bad as you'd think.

Also, they could do what they did in 3. Ever notice when a short sim shakes hands with a tall one the hands kinda lock onto each other?

Yea, they don't error they just cause "clipping" meaning that their physical limbs might intersect physical bodies in the game. Visually.

Some people (like me) can deal with this, other simmers are extremely OCD about this.
I have this mod where sims grow and I am hearing what people comment. On and off site. Stretching and clipiping is a huge turnoff for many.

TS3 has an awesome skeleton model and all of the base game animations are spot on IK artwork. It all works pretty well unless you have two sims getting into a close interaction. Such as kissing. They basically lack a rule to get their mouths together because the skeleton below is stiff.
Now, this could be fixed of course. There are only limited Sim/Sim interactions involving both heads or both bodies.

So yea, what am I saying? It's not rocket science but they prefer to keep it as simple and scalable as they can.

EDIT: Add the "multi tasking" animations in your head.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Locked thread
Page 122 of 920