Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:12 PM
Default No thumbnails in Object Workshop
I updated SimPE to the newest version before installing OFB, Pets and Seasons onto my computer. But when I ran Object Workshop, none of the Maxis objects had thumbnails next to them. All thumbnails were a red X's

I managed to regain some thumbnails by running TS2 and looking through portions of the build and buy catalogs, but that only restored the thumbnails I viewed in the game to SimPe. Everything else is still an X.

Isn't SimPE supposed to generate thumbnails on its own without the the game? Is there a reason why it's no longer doing it?
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:16 PM
I think you need to view all the objects in the catalog in the game once before they will show in SimPE, at least that's how it's always been to me. Once the thumbnails have been generated in game, they will stay (unless you delete the thumbnail packages), and should show up properly in SimPE, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
I think you need to view all the objects in the catalog in the game once before they will show in SimPE, at least that's how it's always been to me. Once the thumbnails have been generated in game, they will stay (unless you delete the thumbnail packages), and should show up properly in SimPE, too.

I figured I might have to do that, but it seems like a temporary fix doesn't it?

I've deleted my thumbnail packages a thousand times while object-making and I don't ever recall having to fire up the game and sift through the entire catalog for the thumbnails to be visible in SimPe.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I really could have sworn that SimPE was generating thumbnails on its own.

I don't understand why it's suddenly not doing that any longer.
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 6:19 AM
Not temporary in a way that once the thumbnails have been generated, they are saved and SimPE can use them over and over when you start it up, you don't have to generate the thumbnails every time. Only if you keep deleting them will you have to regenerate. I don't ever remember SimPE generating the thumbnails for me, but I might be wrong.