Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:17 AM
Birdy, make sure you click on the scene tab. The one with the shapes and stuff.

As for your animations you're going to need to also do animations for the children too sice they have different joint setups.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
Birdy, make sure you click on the scene tab. The one with the shapes and stuff.

As for your animations you're going to need to also do animations for the children too sice they have different joint setups.

Yeah, I noticed that. At least toddlers and babies don't use the dining chairs, or it would be a nightmare.
I plan on doing all the adult clips first, then work on the children, hoping that will be the easiest thing to do.

And I'll check the scene tab out now. I completely forgot how to use Blender after switching to Milkshape.

I'm having problems with another part of my set, but I am not sure if I should post it in this thread due to the fact that it's not part of the dining pillow and table, but is part of the overall set I'm working on.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:31 AM
Your thread. Were here to help
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:42 AM
Alright, this will be off-topic from the table and pillow, but it's been driving me insane. I'm hoping it's a really quick fix so I don't have to dwell on it and can get back to work on the Fusion Lounge Bar dining set.

I meshed the hot tub for my sims game, and made it a bit narrower. I changed the footprints to hug the tub, but in game, there is still the dent of what the old hot tub had. Also, on the edge of my hot tub, some of the grass shows through. I think this is something with the footprint, but I'm not sure.

Sorry this is considered off-topic from what I'm currently working on.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th May 2011 at 5:48 PM
So, I looked at the footprints and I have them hugging to the bath. In game, it still looks like what it does in the attached image in the post above me.

Here is a pic of what it looks like in TSR Workshop. Note that I haven't messed with making the pattern even yet due to trying to get it to work the way I want in game.
Does anyone know what's causing this, and how to fix it?
This has been driving me crazy.
Instructor
#31 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:13 AM
I think your problem with the hot tub is a cut out mask, like a window what cuts through the wall, the hot tub sinks into the ground.
If you change the size of that mask to fit your hot tub, it might work... just thinking out loud here.

I haven't done a hot tub for Sims 3 yet so i don't know where you can find it in the workshop, but I did one for the Sims 2.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:51 AM
You know, I think you're right.
Do you know where the mask is to change it? I changed the multiplier and RBG mask, but I don't know where the regular mask is on TSR Workshop.
Instructor
#33 Old 23rd May 2011 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
You know, I think you're right.
Do you know where the mask is to change it? I changed the multiplier and RBG mask, but I don't know where the regular mask is on TSR Workshop.

I'm sorry I don't, maybe if you looked at a window and see if you can find the mask, it might be in the same spot for the hot tub.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Field Researcher
#34 Old 24th May 2011 at 12:49 AM
Birdy, it would be a lot easier for me to try and see where you went wrong if you could attach the package or workshop file depending on what you used :O

However, my guess is, is that you never changed the footprints.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th May 2011 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
Birdy, it would be a lot easier for me to try and see where you went wrong if you could attach the package or workshop file depending on what you used :O

However, my guess is, is that you never changed the footprints.

I keep forgetting I can do that.

I have a couple of variations of the hot tub, but I'll attach the one I took a picture of.

I included both the simpack and package since I am not sure if you use the launcher or not.

I also added the actual workshop file.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th May 2011 at 7:17 PM
Okay, go under Misc>Mis masks.

Ignore the two images. If you leave both transparent, your object will be invisible.

Change the Floor Cutout Bounds Length to the necessary size. You can use Wings3d and make a bounding box over it to find out the length. I'm not sure on how to do it in Milkshape. I beileve using 2 will work a lot better.

Also, you have a gap in your mesh, which makes me think that's the reason why you're seeing the grass cut into your mesh. Lower the top part since some of it isn't connected and it should sort out that issue.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:10 PM
Thank you Odistant.
I'm having troubles downloading Wings3d at the moment, so I am going to go back to the dining set (since I already procrastinated enough on that as it is ).

Anyway, I would like to know how to change the sounds in the file. For instance, how will I go about getting rid of that "scooting in" sound?
I'm also curious about this for a later project that will involve using a different sound than what the previous object has.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 25th May 2011 at 12:57 AM
The only way I can think of is to use a scripting mod, though even with that I'm still not sure if that's how the sound is brought up. I don't know since I never worked with sounds.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th May 2011 at 1:11 AM
I guess it's not a huge deal, but it will sound a little strange for the sim to kneel and there is a scooting sound.

The only thing I can find that talks about sounds is this. Although it will help with what I need to do in a later project (with changing a song with another song), it doesn't really say how to mute sound effects.

Hopefully it is not a huge issue that there might be the chair sound effect, but if it is, then I will look around more for how to mute the sound clip for it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:30 PM
Sorry for not updating sooner, but I am almost done with the dining chair animations for the adult. I will have to go back and do them for the child animations, but I'm hoping it will not take as long now that I know what I'm doing.

I am getting to the part where I need to add the animations to the pillow. I am unsure what tutorial I should follow. There is this custom animations tutorial by rothn, or this tutorial on Sims 3 object modding.

I haven't looked too much at the the two tutorials yet, but once I finish the animations in Milkshape, I'll start focusing on the coding part.
Alchemist
#41 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:12 AM
Fwiw, I think you're better off with the second one. Buzzler posted that one in the Tutorials section here, has updated it as needed, and regularly checks the thread to see if there are questions. When there have been questions he has answered them. These benefits do not necessarily pertain to the first one.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Fwiw, I think you're better off with the second one. Buzzler posted that one in the Tutorials section here, has updated it as needed, and regularly checks the thread to see if there are questions. When there have been questions he has answered them. These benefits do not necessarily pertain to the first one.

Thanks. I will use that one instead. Right now, I installed Generations and need to update my game and such, but I don't think I'll have any issues with Generations and my fusion set.
Page 2 of 2