Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:42 AM
Can't order photos on the computer?
Hello, I had a neighbor come over to my Sims' house and take photos of the two sims together using "Take My Picture" (or whatever the interaction is called). I wanted to be able to hang them up, so I went to "Order Photos" on the computer but everything was greyed out, implying I hadn't taken any pictures. I did have my sim take a picture using the University camera to see if I have to take the picture to be able to use it but that wasn't the case either.

Do photos have to be taken on a vacation to be able to order them and hang them up? If so, how can I order pictures taken at home?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:52 AM
Nope don't need to be on vacation, you can take pictures anywhere.
Only thing I can think of is you may not have enough money to buy them
Other than that, should be a tab on the photo menu, where you can see if there are other photo's (from your neighbours for instance) available.
I know there used to be some kind of bug involved when ordering photo's at uni, but can't what the problem was.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:54 AM
Photos your sim takes go into an album that gets delivered not pictures you hang up. If you had another sim over and they took the photos perhaps the option to get the album is at his house? You need the uni camera for pictures to hang. It's easy enough to download them as buyable. PCSims on the graveyard also has cameras that take hangable pictures.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:55 AM
Huh, I just took another picture with a different sim and I was able to order it. Though the sim who took it before was a teen...could that be the case? I shouldn't have used the term neighbor though, they were actually just a townie so I can't go to their house to get the pictures
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:16 AM
Suggestion? Cause can't see why there is a problem.
How about testing it out. Try taking a ton more pictures with your playable sim and with a NPC and see if you can order them
Maybe they are not writing to the proper file directory.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Photos your sim takes go into an album that gets delivered not pictures you hang up. If you had another sim over and they took the photos perhaps the option to get the album is at his house? You need the uni camera for pictures to hang. It's easy enough to download them as buyable. PCSims on the graveyard also has cameras that take hangable pictures.

That's not true jo. You can order individual photos taken with BV camera.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:27 AM
Can you? I'll have to look, I've obviously never done that!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:59 AM
Yeah. There's an button you can click. If I recall correctly it's located to the right of the area that shows the picture.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#9 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 9:29 AM
I have the same thing, but I guess the reason why is that those particular Sims use a custom computer, which doesn't have the EP interaction features yet.