Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Kiddie Pool (V2)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 4,222 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 192,004 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 27th Apr 2009 at 4:47 PM
Updated: 28th Apr 2009 at 12:50 AM
Kiddie Pool, New and Improved!

This is a simple little one-tile kiddie splash pool. It has the following main features:
- Toddlers can play around and splash in it
- Children can jump and kick in the water

It is superior to its predecessor in a few key respects:
- Playing will increase hygiene/water and fun
- If the toddler or child has swimwear, they will change into that before playing. If not, they will change into underwear/diapers.
- It does not cause errors in debugmode. ( )

It does NOT override the original wading pool.

(Yes, toddlers can have swimwear. fakepeeps7 made some particularly cute ones shown in my screen shots, and Phaenoh's clothing migration instructions will help you enable them for the swimwear category.)

The default appearance is the blue version. It includes one sample recolour, which is red with pictures of building blocks on it.

Any issues, please post here.

Poly count: 132
Recolour enabled: Yes
Catalog: General/Child
Price: 35 Simoleans
Policy: Do whatever you like, credit is appreciated.
EPs: This is base game compatible and does not override any default behaviour.

----

A bit of background... (aka, "If I Knew Then What I Know Now")

Way back at the dawn of time... February 2005, anyway... I was quite the newbie on the sim scene. There was very limited information on modding, so I spent days messing with this and that, trying to get a puddle to be buyable and not to disappear over time, and eventually got it working. I was pretty darned proud. That was my original "Functional Wading Pool".

Phae mentioned to me today that there was a bug in that very old object, but when I went to look at it I realised just what a horrific mess the code in it was. If I knew then what I know now, and all that... She also asked if it was possible to have toddlers change into swimwear before playing. So I re-made it. This is the result.

Enjoy!

Polygon Counts:

Additional Credits:
Special thanks to Peter Jones, whose BHAV editor played a very significant part in turning modding into something far more clean and painless than it was way back in 2005