Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 2:50 AM
Default Morphs Made (Stupidly) Easy - MorphMangle and MorphMaker!
Tutorial:Morphs Made Easywiki

Intended for CTU users, but MorphMangle can be used with TSRW too. I hope this is useful, please feel free to post comments, questions or suggestions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 3:42 PM
This is going to make meshing SO much easier, I'm using this already.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 12:51 PM
Very cool! The clear and basic explanation of how morphs work will be very, very helpful as well as the detailed 'how-to'.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:12 PM
Uhm, you dont really need morphmangle, a reference mesh and the morphs tho...
You import your base mesh
Make changes to it
Then import your morphs, and voila.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:17 AM
Hmm, that's interesting - I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Better off telling Wes though .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:30 PM
This was a very simple example, suitable for a tutorial - I'd think MorphMangle is useful for a more complex modification for which you might want to keep working with the mesh and be able to easily see how the morphs look as you go along. But yes - you could make all the mesh changes, import the morphs, and touch them up.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:25 PM
i agree, you definatly want to see the changes on the morphs when making more extreem edits.
For small edits you only use the base mesh, no morphs or Bgeo files, thought i just mentioned it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:32 PM
Is there a tutorial that can help super beginners. who have never done this before
I want to be able to make cloths and objects and I am a fast learner but not finding anything for people like me who don't have a clue lol

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Tutorial:Morphs Made Easywiki

Intended for CTU users, but MorphMangle can be used with TSRW too. I hope this is useful, please feel free to post comments, questions or suggestions.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 13th May 2011 at 9:40 PM
Meshing for Dummies: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260 is intended for beginners.
Scholar
#10 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
Ooo, morphs! Think I may try my hand at this - I've been experimenting with meshes for a while now (nothing nice enough to release yet, though), but haven't been using morphs with them. I do use TSRW just 'cos it's easier for me to understand in certain ways than CTU, so I'm wondering that since TSRW loads all the morphs into Milkshape, I'm assuming I still follow the tut pretty much the same? I'm not sure what would be different or not apply to TSRW users... I'll give it a fiddle, and if I come up stuck I'll be back, lol... Thank you to all you have made this possible, and thank you whiterider for the tut

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:50 AM
Hi,

I am having problems with my morphs. I managed to make them look alright in Milkshape, but when I test them out in TSR Workshop, there is clipping on the jacket I am making.

Should I not use TSR Workshop and use CTU instead?
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 30th May 2011 at 10:43 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 30th May 2011 at 10:58 AM.
I dont see any clipping or do you mean the hands through the skirt?
The preview in TSRW is always like that, you need to have a look in CAS to see the position of the hands.

edit,
oops, you mean the side of the breast comming throught he jacket?
The morphing does not go very well if a mesh is ''open'' and i suspect this is the case here?
Had it a few times, Cmar will remember this.
Most of the times the morphing is off when using both the fat and fit morph, just scale it a bit bigger, not much you can do about it.
This is the same when using CTU and BMM