Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#551 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 10:45 PM
We have the Missy Hissy's Job Center Discord Server (live, real time chat) with chat rooms that cater specifically to TS3 career modders.

Sims 3 career modding does come with limitations and it's all about making peace with them and finding hacks / workarounds to get as close to your vision as possible, it's a more reasonable (and less nerve-wrecking) aim, I find.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#552 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
We have the Missy Hissy's Job Center Discord Server (live, real time chat) with chat rooms that cater specifically to TS3 career modders.

Oh thank heavens *happy tears*
Thank you again!
Scholar
#553 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 8:59 AM
@Starsmore
Your idea isn't that difficult to accomplish. Off the top of my head (and I haven't had coffee yet, so this is impressive!), this is your best option:

1) You can create your career with 1 single level. You can have the only requirement for the job being a good mood, so no skills needed. When a sim reaches the top of the progress bar, they gain automatic raises - usually by a few simoleons, if memory serves - if there's no additional levels to promote to. You don't need to set a carpool and you set False for the <HasBoss> field.

Hopefully that helps but feel free to message me if you're stuck with anything.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#554 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
@Starsmore
Your idea isn't that difficult to accomplish. Off the top of my head (and I haven't had coffee yet, so this is impressive!), this is your best option:

1) You can create your career with 1 single level. You can have the only requirement for the job being a good mood, so no skills needed. When a sim reaches the top of the progress bar, they gain automatic raises - usually by a few simoleons, if memory serves - if there's no additional levels to promote to. You don't need to set a carpool and you set False for the <HasBoss> field.

Hopefully that helps but feel free to message me if you're stuck with anything.

This makes perfect sense and feels actually doable 8D
Should I just leave the <str> and <key> parts for level 2- 10 with BLANK or should I delete them?
Scholar
#555 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starsmore
This makes perfect sense and feels actually doable 8D
Should I just leave the <str> and <key> parts for level 2- 10 with BLANK or should I delete them?

You can delete them. They're not needed and won't relate to any code so they can be safely deleted.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Lab Assistant
#556 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 9:04 PM
Are there any current or updated tutorials on how to just modify the text on an existing career? I have been looking for this to make a few changes to the job position name in some of my custom careers. So far when I modify the name in the xml file the text is blank when I play the game.
Scholar
#557 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mekia02
Are there any current or updated tutorials on how to just modify the text on an existing career? I have been looking for this to make a few changes to the job position name in some of my custom careers. So far when I modify the name in the xml file the text is blank when I play the game.

Edit the STBL is usually the best bet. When you edit the XML file, it changes the code so the STBL files no longer recognise the name, which is why it's coming up blank. If you edit the STBL file for your language, the names will change in game but the code remains the same

Lab Assistant
#558 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 11:01 PM
Hi, I know It's been a while since anyone has posted anything but I was wondering what I need to do to have a Female only or a Male only career. I can make my careers no problem, but I am not sure what I need to do to make it exclusive to male or female genders.
Scholar
#559 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diplacesims
Hi, I know It's been a while since anyone has posted anything but I was wondering what I need to do to have a Female only or a Male only career. I can make my careers no problem, but I am not sure what I need to do to make it exclusive to male or female genders.

Hi there!
You'll need to use Twallan's custom NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer class for your career. With that, you can set a <Gender></Gender> field and set it to whichever gender you want

Lab Assistant
#560 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 7:35 PM
Hi there!
You'll need to use Twallan's custom NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer class for your career. With that, you can set a <Gender></Gender> field and set it to whichever gender you want

Thank you for your quick response missyhissy, where in the .Careers file, do I place the field? I, for the most part can read the coding. but I want to make sure I do it right.
Scholar
#561 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 9:22 AM
Thank you for your quick response missyhissy, where in the .Careers file, do I place the field? I, for the most part can read the coding. but I want to make sure I do it right.

Anywhere in the CareerList section. I usually put tags like that underneath the <RabbitholeType> field myself but anywhere will suffice!

Lab Assistant
#562 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:06 PM Last edited by diplacesims : 20th Jun 2022 at 5:29 PM.
Anywhere in the CareerList section. I usually put tags like that underneath the <RabbitholeType> field myself but anywhere will suffice!

Is the <Guid>Music<Guid> under the <FullClassName>NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer</FullClassName> still supposed to be there?

Also, Do I still need to put the masculine line in the STBL file or do I leave it out?
i.e.

<KEY>BLANK:</KEY>

<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CAREERNAME:Entrylevel</STR> MASCULINE

<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CAREERNAME:EntryLevel_Female</STR> FEMININE

Also, Do you have a career made for just a female so I can see the inner workings of it. I learn by visually seeing how it works.
Thank You.
Scholar
#563 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 5:58 PM
Is the <Guid>Music<Guid> under the <FullClassName>NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer, NRaasCareer</FullClassName> still supposed to be there?

Also, Do I still need to put the masculine line in the STBL file or do I leave it out?
i.e.

<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CAREERNAME:Entrylevel</STR> MASCULINE

<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CAREERNAME:EntryLevel_Female</STR> FEMININE

Also, Do you have a career made for just a female so I can see the inner workings of it. I learn by visually seeing how it works.
Thank You.

Yes, leave the standard <Guid> tag there, it's doing no harm.
I would imagine you can leave them out. No, I haven't done one for just one gender before personally but as you're only allowing it for female Sims, you should be fine just using the Female tag for the strings

Lab Assistant
#564 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 6:41 PM
Yes, leave the standard <Guid> tag there, it's doing no harm.
I would imagine you can leave them out. No, I haven't done one for just one gender before personally but as you're only allowing it for female Sims, you should be fine just using the Female tag for the strings

I tried what you said but It didn't work. It still show up for the males to be able to join. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll upload the file. I have it in skeleton form right now to test it before I fill out all the wording in the STBL.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HerWolf_Luna.zip (17.1 KB, 6 downloads)
Scholar
#565 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 7:57 AM
I tried what you said but It didn't work. It still show up for the males to be able to join. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll upload the file. I have it in skeleton form right now to test it before I fill out all the wording in the STBL.

Found the issue for you. Where you've got the Gender field, type 'Female' in there, instead of just F. Sorry, that was my fault - I should have specified that! That should do it for you!

Lab Assistant
#566 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 2:43 PM Last edited by diplacesims : 24th Jun 2022 at 3:58 PM.
Found the issue for you. Where you've got the Gender field, type 'Female' in there, instead of just F. Sorry, that was my fault - I should have specified that! That should do it for you!

Ok, Thank you, I'll try that.

I tried it and it still allows for males. I'm stumped.
Page 23 of 23