Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:55 AM
You can download the music from the game here: http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval/downloads/music

Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
I wonder if anyone know how to extract the music from The Sims Medieval using s3pe?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:55 AM
well, i was looking around, and i was wondering, has anyone tried looking at the ach.package in the save directory? that might be achievements. maybe if someone who has most or all achievements unlocked can figure out how to unlock it for everyone else...
Instructor
#203 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:06 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarperJane
AlexPilgrim-- I had the same question.

Answer from Rockerduck and it needs the d3dx9_31.dll installed--
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438357

Thanks, it's working now!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#204 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:55 AM
Anyone successfully enabled build mode? I tried with a script and I can get into build mode and buy doors/windows/trees/shells that weren't in buy mode but the actual build tools like wall/terrain/etc. tools don't do anything at all.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#205 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:28 AM
I've run into a bit of a problem, which seems to have stemmed from treeag's CAS mod (or at least it started immediately after using it). I entered CAS on my monarch, but after I exited, I found that I could no longer self-interact (I get the "No Interactions Available" message). A moment ago, I noticed he also couldn't interact with some of the NPCs roaming around.

I tried using the shift+click Reset Sim option, but that didn't fix the problem. I've also tried reentering the Monarch's CAS via another Sim, but that failed as well. Anyone else encounter this? Does anyone know a solution?

Cheers,

EDIT: I've also tried restarting the game, which also failed to fix anything.

EDIT 2: After playing a bit more, it seems the other affected NPCs are NPCs betrothed to the monarch (not sure if it affects any others). I had to end a betrothal with one person via the "Set Relationship" option, and when I became betrothed during a quest, that NPC suddenly became un-interactable.
Test Subject
#206 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM
Default Birds' eye view.
Quote: Originally posted by hotaru801
*Stares at camera file* Please... Someone... Tell me how to make it stop annoying me! The constant switching from Pan to Rotate. The random bouts of zooming in or out randomly.

I have been spoiled! I like seeing all sides of my doll house! Curse you Sims games with your walls that disappear so I can look from the front, back, and sides... And... I miss bird's eye view while decorating! T_T

Still totally addicted though. :D

You can still view in birds eye view if you press ctrl + (up). You might have to zoom in a little bit as we can't see through roof pannels - but you can still decorate in birds' eye view that way.
Hope this helped :D
Instructor
#207 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
Anyone successfully enabled build mode? I tried with a script and I can get into build mode and buy doors/windows/trees/shells that weren't in buy mode but the actual build tools like wall/terrain/etc. tools don't do anything at all.

Now, that is interesting!
Looks like TS3 leftovers to me (and I already suspected they wouldn't give us proper building tools .. they really just want us to use a premade world and use their shells on their premade mini-lots, no building in TSM... grr... ).

What exactly were you able to build / place ?

And on a completely different note, has anyone tried cracking the *.world file to replace it with a CAW world or import it into TS3 or what have you?

I imagine that would be quite tedious, but the shell designators should work much the same like in TS3. I don't know about the city wall, and other triggered events etc. though. That's new.
Instructor
#208 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:25 PM
I managed to grown some kids up with the "edit in CAS" mod, at first they were like horribly mangled midgets but after a few seconds they became normal, and I could have my active Sim plan their outfit using a dresser like for any other adult Sim. Up to now they behave normally (interact, sleep in the same bed as before etc.) but I don't know if they're really "adults" game-wise or just overgrown kids, still have to find out.

Aaaand I don't know if this is going to bork my game, I have the feeling that the more we fiddle with it the more we are f###ing it up...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Instructor
#209 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Aaaand I don't know if this is going to bork my game, I have the feeling that the more we fiddle with it the more we are f###ing it up...

That's the point, isn't it? :D
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:20 PM
thank you
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I don't know, I love the skintones in Medieval, I'm hoping someone can export them to The Sims 3... that and all that sexy facial hair!

Oh, and fyi, I placed these patterns in Medieval and they showed up in their proper category (fabrics) without me doing anything to them.

I'm on a Mac, and I can open up the packages in s3pe, but since I don't have Notepad, nor the correct path to Notepad, you can imagine, the program goes nuts if I click on the Notepad button. So I cannot change the files, yet, no telling if I can find out another way to do it. So, I am very grateful that someone can point out patterns that *do* work. If anyone could post patterns they've changes to show up in game also, that would be helpful. OR if anyone knows how to do this on a Mac. I got lost looking for it on Mactastic Sims. Thank you!
Test Subject
#211 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:37 PM
I agree with bestock. I'm also on a Mac and would like to know how to do this. At least all the patterns here on mts are already .package files! I don't really mind everything ending up in the misc section, but I think it will be a problem as I acquire patterns. Plus I found some really lovely patterns on another site that are .sims3pack and it makes me sad that I can't have them.
Instructor
#212 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:04 PM
I agree with bestock. I'm also on a Mac and would like to know how to do this. At least all the patterns here on mts are already .package files! I don't really mind everything ending up in the misc section, but I think it will be a problem as I acquire patterns. Plus I found some really lovely patterns on another site that are .sims3pack and it makes me sad that I can't have them.

Your avatar scares me. 0_0

You can extract *.packages from *.Sim3Pack files with a nifty little tool I can't recall right now. I will send you a link if you're interested. Once I found it in my overstuffed Sims folders.

That said, treeag and you other supreme geniuses of modding, I call upon you to humbly beg for a fix for the clothing CAS where you can't access any patterns but your favorites.
Test Subject
#213 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:26 PM
Rockerduck-- You don't like Queen Barbie? Don't be scared, I happened to load a very PINK pattern and when I saw the results, I just had to do a Barbie's Dream Kingdom.

I would very much like that link. Please, please, pretty please?
Instructor
#214 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:40 PM
Rockerduck-- You don't like Queen Barbie? Don't be scared, I happened to load a very PINK pattern and when I saw the results, I just had to do a Barbie's Dream Kingdom.

I would very much like that link. Please, please, pretty please?

A Barbie's Dream Kingdom without pretty horsies? This scares me even more.

I attached the file, it's by MTS' very own Delphy. I was too lazy to go look it up on the site.

Be very careful with your folders, though. I once made the mistake of extracting the TS3 Sims3Packs in my Downloads folder. This tool does work. And extracted my downloaded Maxis worlds as well. ;-)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_Delphy_984526_Sims3Pack_Multi_Installer.rar (7.5 KB, 141 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer - extracts *.package files from *.Sims3Packs
Forum Resident
#215 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
And then in the buff

OK I've gotta ask. How'd you get her naked???? Been looking everywhere, I want a good look at the skintones!

To the thread: BTW this is bugging me, I mean whats the point of a no intro mod????? It's not that I'm ungratfull but just click on the screen or pressing the Esc key will skip it rendering that mod a bit pointless....

Still good work Rick, thank you.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Eminence Grise
#216 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:30 PM
Rick, or anyone else... what are people using to read the XML in TSM? Some of it is showing up in S3PE as a binary resource, not text like I'm familiar with. Looks like a DTTD signature on the files?

Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
To the thread: BTW this is bugging me, I mean whats the point of a no intro mod????? It's not that I'm ungratfull but just click on the screen or pressing the Esc key will skip it rendering that mod a bit pointless....

So you can click the game icon and go get a beer while the game loads, instead of hanging around waiting for your chance to hit ESC An absolutely essential mod in my book.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#217 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
So you can click the game icon and go get a beer while the game loads, instead of hanging around waiting for your chance to hit ESC An absolutely essential mod in my book.

I would agree, if the intro weren't narrated by Patrick Stewart. (My first TSM surprise! It pays to cling to pre-release ignorance.)
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#218 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:25 PM
Rick, or anyone else... what are people using to read the XML in TSM? Some of it is showing up in S3PE as a binary resource, not text like I'm familiar with. Looks like a DTTD signature on the files?
It's a new format, the signature is "BTTD" (DaTaTaBle), basically a binary form of XML for faster lookup. I wrote a tool that can convert to and from for easy editing. Have not put out any binaries yet though.
Eminence Grise
#219 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:49 PM
Ah neat... and were you thinking of sharing that tool? I was mostly wanting to look in the XML for gameplay information, but I'm sure folks will want to be modding it.
Field Researcher
#220 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:20 AM
OK I've gotta ask. How'd you get her naked???? Been looking everywhere, I want a good look at the skintones!

i totally agree. i want to start making skins and stuff for my game and this might help.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#221 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
i totally agree. i want to start making skins and stuff for my game and this might help.

It appears as though the sim was in process of getting into the tub, so was naked for the screenshot. The CAS screenshots were clothed.
Test Subject
#222 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
And also as requested, a mod to edit sim in CAS http://www.mediafire.com/?2vww0e2mwgy2jqa It's an EA debug interaction, and note that although it works fine for playable sims like the heroes, I don't think it works properly for non-playable sims because I can't seem to change their clothes (name, body shape, and hair color change works though.) Use at your own risk.

Also, my game version is 1.1. I don't know if these will work for 1.2.

treeag, how does your CAS mod work? I've tried millions of things and it just won't work.

By going shift-click on the active sim the menu should have the Edit in CAS option, right? I try but nothing happens. I've put your mod in the mod folder, used the resource.cfg file, etc, and no matter how many times I try with the cheats enabled or disabled the CAS button won't appear.

My game version is 1.1.

Am I missing something?

I've even cleared the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval...

Help.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Berlioz13
treeag, how does your CAS mod work? I've tried millions of things and it just won't work.

By going shift-click on the active sim the menu should have the Edit in CAS option, right? I try but nothing happens. I've put your mod in the mod folder, used the resource.cfg file, etc, and no matter how many times I try with the cheats enabled or disabled the CAS button won't appear.

My game version is 1.1.

Am I missing something?

I've even cleared the cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval...

Help.

Did you add in the d3dx9_31.dll? You can get it here. When you simply left click on any sim, the choice menu pops up and the option to "Edit in CAS" will be there! And it works on adults and children!
Good luck!

OK I've gotta ask. How'd you get her naked????

I just paused the game as she was getting in (or out?!) of the tub, using the "No Mosiac"!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Eminence Grise
#224 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:39 AM
Ah neat... and were you thinking of sharing that tool? I was mostly wanting to look in the XML for gameplay information, but I'm sure folks will want to be modding it.

Ahh, I see Granthes has been working on that format too... he's posted this http://sims3.the-prof.net/2011/04/n...e-sim-medieval/ . Hopefully S3PE will be updated to support it :-)
Test Subject
#225 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Did you add in the d3dx9_31.dll? You can get it here. When you simply left click on any sim, the choice menu pops up and the option to "Edit in CAS" will be there! And it works on adults and children!
Good luck!

That link led nowhere so I went to get the file from a free DLL files site. I put it in Game/Bin and there's still no Edit in CAS...
Page 9 of 24