Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 9:43 AM
Default Missing Skill books....
I don't know if this is the best place to go with this, but here I go...

I have The Sims 3 v.1.19.44.010001 and Ambitions v.4.7.4.010001, and since I patch both of them, when I create a new CAS sim, there's no free skill books in his inventory. He have a green thumb, genius, charismatic, handy, and natural cook, as I want him to be a Rennaisance Sim...
But he got nothing in his inventory when I playing him. He must have 5 skill books right???
So, is this a bug? Any help???
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 10:15 AM
I've noticed that the basic skill books for cooking, mechanic/handiness and logic are coming with the bookcases now. Either they have changed it or I'm having a mod I don't know about.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:25 PM
I've never seen 5 free skill books in a new sim's inventory; not now and not when the game was brand new. It's always been such that the 3 beginner skill books come with a bookshelf.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:27 PM
Supposedly when you started your Sim with a certain trait, long ago by the way, you would acquire a skill book. They removed it for some odd reason.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 3:16 PM
Why they remove it?
It's so handy!