Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 8:10 AM
Default I hate it when....
You finally get your Sim to the point where they can ask their girl/boyfriend to move in and you find out that they are either WAY too old for them or WAY too young for them >.>
*Sigh*
I guess its time to kick my Dennis's girlfriend to the curb (She's almost an elder, and hes five days away from becoming an adult) but hey, he can always go back to sneaking peeks at the maid

Is there anything that really just ticks you off during game play?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
-Dr. Seuss
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 12:10 PM
You can feed them life fruit I think, to make them younger. I don't like that if you want anything done in the neighbourhood, you have to do it with your active sim. Like grow perfect life fruit plants when all you're really interested in is tinkering.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 12:26 PM
I hate it when....

- I'm furnishing a house completly new, add new rooms and the family is moving out a few minutes after I switch to another family.

- Two teens are falling in love and when one of them ages to a young adult, they not even talk to each other.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
I hate it when....

- I'm furnishing a house completly new, add new rooms and the family is moving out a few minutes after I switch to another family.

- Two teens are falling in love and when one of them ages to a young adult, they not even talk to each other.

Why don't you just turn Story Progression off under the Options menu? That way you won't have any families moving out unless you choose to do that yourself.

Anyway, I hate it when...

--I am trying to have two sims get married and they keep walking off or I even had the groom leave the park venue in his car from his own wedding party moments after sending them there! They definitely need more wedding items and so forth. They need to add "Wedding Planner" feature in the future where you can pick like Best Man and all that.

--The sims use the same animations over and over for different interactions. I am so sick of seeing the same animations!

--There is a fight going on in public and other sims just walk on by like nothing is going on. Sims 3 sims barely react to their surroundings which is so dull! Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but this is probably the number one thing that needs fixed. That and the fact that family interaction is severely lacking.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Why don't you just turn Story Progression off under the Options menu? That way you won't have any families moving out unless you choose to do that yourself.
Without story progression on the neighbourhood will eventually die out because no one is reproducing or getting married or getting jobs.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:18 PM
My queue line gets dropped and I miss a milestone because of it.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Without story progression on the neighbourhood will eventually die out because no one is reproducing or getting married or getting jobs.

Twallan's Story Progression mod has modifiable features such as limiting moves and so forth. I find it superior to EA's terrible story progression as do many others. I remember hating when families I made would randomly move.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:52 PM
Without story progression the game is too boring.
I removed Twallans Story Progression out of the game, because I wanted that my sims in sunset valley be transformed into vampires by EA's story progression.
Thanks for the hint. I think I put Twallans Mod back. Without it, the game sucks.

another "I hate it when"...:
- Too many sims are swimming in the pool and drowning because no one can exit the pool
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:14 PM
I hate it when... (in story progression which I dont use anymore)

~it seems every sims in the neighborhood becomes fat...

~all the work I put into a relationship is gone while playing another sim

~ I miss birthings because I'm playing another sims

I hate it when... (with story progression off)

~ I turn aging off it turns it off for ALL the sims Im playing... why cant it be for each saved sims game instead of a global one... I almost screwed up and missed my favorite family babys birthday because of this.

~I make another sim my active household through edit town option and it erases the wishes and whatnot's of the previous one... which I dont do anymore, I stick to one now...

~I need more saved slots! LOL

some of these Ive lived and learned from not knowing they would happened before I played.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
I hate it when... (with story progression off)

~I make another sim my active household through edit town option and it erases the wishes and whatnot's of the previous one... which I dont do anymore, I stick to one now...
Awesomemod or one of Twallan's mods fixes this.

Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
~I need more saved slots! LOL
Aren't there unlimited save slots? Or at least as many as there is space on your computer for? I haven't found a limit yet...

I hate it when... relationships change when I'm not watching. I wish that sims not affected by story progression would keep the same relationship score all the time when they're not the active family. But they don't, which is a pain.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Twallan's Story Progression mod has modifiable features such as limiting moves and so forth. I find it superior to EA's terrible story progression as do many others. I remember hating when families I made would randomly move.
Yeah I know, I have Twallan's because of the reasons you mentioned. My point was that whilst turning off SP would prevent random moves it's not ideal because the town won't progress.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 9:35 PM
Another thing I hate is, when you become a celebrity, you can't un-become one...
When you get someone to move in with they, they gain points, when you have kids they gain points, it gets really annoying!
I just wan't a normal family, without all the paparazzi.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
-Dr. Seuss
Banned
#13 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:32 PM
Errors when trying to save. Say no more. I had this one family which I had played for like six generations, but then the save file got corrupt and I couldn't save anymore. That sucked.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kattmat
Errors when trying to save. Say no more. I had this one family which I had played for like six generations, but then the save file got corrupt and I couldn't save anymore. That sucked.

For future reference, next time try moving the family to a new hood every three generations. That helps prevent the save from getting corrupted, at least from my experience.
OT: I hate it when I work so hard to get a spouse for my legacy heir, but they just keep blowing her off. Then, it turns out that the guy just got married yesterday. WHAT?!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM
I hate it when EA screws something up with a patch.

Err...lemme rephrase that.

I hate it when EA releases a patch.

...Eh, same difference.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 7:44 AM
I hate it when:

-My game glitches up the ques and everyone just stands there swinging their arms even though they have to pee/eat really bad.
-I make a gorgeous master bedroom all my sims run to the tiniest bedroom with the crappy bed.
-I DEFINITLY HATE THAT AMBITIONS DOESN'T HAVE A TATTOO ARTIST CAREER.
-Babies cry for no reason.
-People enable certain custom clothing for pregnancy and it automatically sets it to the pregnancy wear. BUT once the sim gets so big, it is obvious it shouldn't have been for pregnant sims.
-MASKS
-EA's patches.
-Save errors :/
-Random game shutdown during large House creations.
-Slow load times.
-THE CAMERA, I know their are mods to fix this.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#17 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 9:41 AM
I've been thinking about this question for several months now, and I came to the conclusion that what I hate most of all is dropping of the action queue.
No matter whether it's caused by absent-mindedness, co-workers passing out while at work, ghosts, simbots, mummies or, most annoyingly atm, celebrity fans and paparazzi. I so heartily loathe this that even thinking about it makes me furious.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 10:14 AM
I hate when my game suddenly decides 'thou shalt not leave your house'. I tell my sim to go to work, she arrives, and teleports back home. I tell her to go to teh science center, she enters the building, doesnt even start doing what i told her to, turns around, leaves the building, and teleports back home. >_<
I have to clear all my cache files in order to get the game working again.
pain in the rear.
Inventor
#19 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:32 AM
Since the LN patch my game saves

I hate it when my Sims dont move to new homes when they get tired of the old one.
(I have SP on *shrug*)
The town dies.

People complain about *magic* babies. I dont watch every family and the baby could be a toddler forever if they were not magic.

I had to move a charactor out of a great house that I remodeled because the save file refused to save unless on vacation.

Known familys move out of houses and in with strangers not even on their freind list for no reason. IE( how does one marry Mortimer to Bella if Simis and company has moved away. )
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ne14gzus93
-Save errors :/
-Random game shutdown during large House creations.
-Slow load times.

These are all things related to your computer and probably some CC (slow loading times), not so much the game. I have all these issues and it's because my computer barely meets the minimum reqs and I run with multiple gigs of CC.

The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that bars and clubs close and force everyone out, even with mods that alter the times. If someone is able to completely remove that 'Go Out' function then I will be their best friend forever.
Banned
#21 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilballa59
For future reference, next time try moving the family to a new hood every three generations. That helps prevent the save from getting corrupted, at least from my experience.

Great tip! Will try that, thanks
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Simmer4Lyf : 8th Mar 2011 at 5:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lynnard
You finally get your Sim to the point where they can ask their girl/boyfriend to move in and you find out that they are either WAY too old for them or WAY too young for them >.>
*Sigh*
I guess its time to kick my Dennis's girlfriend to the curb (She's almost an elder, and hes five days away from becoming an adult) but hey, he can always go back to sneaking peeks at the maid

Is there anything that really just ticks you off during game play?

Before you get all invested in a townie sim, you should throw a party after making their acquaintance and check their age group. (Edit: You don't actually have to throw the party of course.) It helps a bit.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lynnard
*Sigh*

I absolutely hate this! My sim, Bradley, (YA) married a pretty girl named Hayley. It turned out that she was 5 days from becoming an elder! In those 5 days, I managed to make her get pregnant and give birth twice. When she aged, I dyed her hair and dressed her quite young, so really it was only the way that she walked that gave away the age difference. Now her two kids are teenagers and she's still not dead. I'm quite impressed but I hope she dies soon so that Bradley has another chance to find love.
Alchemist
#24 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 1:54 PM
i hate it when the game is really slow to load a visitor sim that i invited over to kill, so all i get to go by is the floating automatic group thing (which annoys me in and of itself; i dont USE groups! EVER!).

and usually by then the visitor sim has made themselves cozy in
the hottub or in front of the TV where i have to work at getting their
ass up so i can socialize my sim. >_>

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#25 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 2:03 PM
I hate in when Sims autonomously climb out of pool because of their "drowning" moodlet when I'm trying to kill them off
Page 1 of 5