Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 8:39 PM
Default Concept Art
SimCookie did some digging around the internet and found concept art for several sims games by the people who worked on them. Some of the art is really interesting, if at times depressing. One portfolio has art for a jeweler's workshop for Ambitions. While we didn't get that, which would have been so cool, we did get a picture that's in the concept art.

If you want to look at the stuff, there's several links.

Frances Ngai (Has the jeweler's workshop)

Samantha Miceli

Anthony Ashton

Donna Bennett

Danny Garcia

Christian Mercier
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 8:53 PM
I love looking at concept art, they're usually so much prettier than the real game!

It's also interesting to see simteam's personal blogs. Let's email them with our ideas

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 9:00 PM
That was interesting, thanks for the links. I noticed on the first link, where there is a picture of the bar, with the three chairs in-front of the bar, that one object, near the door, looked like the podium from restaurants from TS2, or it might have been a waste basket. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking that we are getting restaurants one day.

Also, from the first link, the time-machine she drew looks way better than the one we got.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 9:47 PM
Thanks for posting gobot101. Looking at concept art really gives you an idea of what a massive undertaking game design and development really is.

And I much prefer that time machine to the one in the game, too.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
That was interesting, thanks for the links. I noticed on the first link, where there is a picture of the bar, with the three chairs in-front of the bar, that one object, near the door, looked like the podium from restaurants from TS2, or it might have been a waste basket. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking that we are getting restaurants one day.

Also, from the first link, the time-machine she drew looks way better than the one we got.

Nope, that is definitely a podium in that picture. We couldve had restaurants in Late Night? That wouldve been the perfect time to introduce them! Damn you EA!

Well its pretty cool to look at the concept art and all the items that made it through the elimination process to the final game. I wonder what EA does with all the tibits that aren't added to the game.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Well its pretty cool to look at the concept art and all the items that made it through the elimination process to the final game. I wonder what EA does with all the tibits that aren't added to the game.

I believe they hold them hostage until we're ready to throw our 60 bucks at them, only to find out that they gave us an empty bag.