Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:23 AM
Help with recolors
I made several recolors for custom objects and the majority of them didnt show up in the game. Like I did pet beds and bedding and those showed up just fine. The walls and carpets showed up too. But when i went to look at the other objects like i have a cabinet that i wanted to change the bowl colors of well only one recolor is there. I did six nursery sets(crib bedding, high chair, potty, changing table, chair, ottoman, rugs, and toy box). One cib bedding showed up, two changing tables, one toy box, one potty, one high chair, two rugs etc. I was so disappointed. I haven't had a problem before recoloring so now I don't know what to do. Should I do it all again? I don't think I missed a step anywhere. Everything shows up in Clean Installer. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:40 AM
It may be a silly question but do you have the newest version of the CEP installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:41 AM
Default not silly
Yes i have it installed. in fact i uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure. I havent been back in yet to see if that's made a difference.
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 4:52 AM
When you're recoloring custom objects, whether or not you have the CEP installed shouldn't matter. Are you sure these custom objects actually are recolorable, did the original creators offer any recolors for them? It's possible that, for one reason or another, they aren't recolorable, either due to a mistake or on purpose.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:20 AM
The original creator said recolors were allowed, just not to upload the mesh anywhere else. Though she hasnt made any recolors for the meshes. I'll have to message her and see if she made a mistake. I recolored maxis objects as well like the high chair, toybox, and potty and not all of them showed up, so i thought the CEP had something to do with that. I'm currently redoing each package. If that doesnt work then I'll discard them.
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:39 AM
Are the meshes from that creator available for download somewhere so that I could take a look at them to see if something is wrong?

If some Maxis recolors aren't working, either, I'd recommend reinstalling the CEP. But this won't affect the custom object recolors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Lethe_s : 27th Jan 2008 at 1:49 PM.
Default here's the site..
Its at Simsquirts under boy nursery. its the last nursery set called Kingsley by Hope.
Just to be sure I'm following the right steps here's what I did. I opened each mesh in SimPe---saved---exported the png file----edited everything in photoshop---went back and imported---updated all sizes---committed---then hit save as. since i saved everything in a seperate folder i copied those packages later and moved them to the downloads folder.
Would cloning the objects and then recoloring work?
Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:48 AM
When you say you opened each mesh in SimPE, do you mean you just opened the mesh package in SimPE, or did you first open Object Workshop and then select the Open option for the mesh file? Because the latter is what you have to do. If you do the former, you're replacing the original mesh texture. In that case, I recommend you take a look at Numenor's object recoloring tutorial for more instructions.

No, you should not clone objects for recoloring.

Of that set, I look at the crib, changing table and ottoman in SimPE, and based on that they should be recolorable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 6:53 AM
I did the latter of what you said. I opened everything in Object Workshop. I don't know why the recolors aren't showing up if the mesh is recolorable or why even the the other meshes arent working for me. I guess I'll make a request for someone else to do them. Thanks for your help.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:13 PM
Hi Im Hope the one who made those meshes. And yes they are recolorable, Carrie who is the owner of sims squirts has done recolors of it and had no problems. So Im not sure what going on with your recoloring's I would not throw them out If I were you since it sounds like you have worked hard on them. If you want PM and I will give you my e-mail to send them to and I will take a look at it. And if I can't find the problem I will do some recolors for you. But I also want to say thanks for recoloring the nursery its a honor to have someone recolor my meshes.

Check out my work here http://www.insimenator.net/forums.php In the community forums.
Please do not PM me, I am not playing or creating for the sims 2 anymore.