Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1626 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
Christy gave birth to twins, and the ghosts came out in force to kill her. Seriously, I've got Marylena and Linden *wanting* to see ghosts (specifically Lars, Linden's brother and Marylena's husband, and River, Linden and Lars' dad--might have something to do with the constant woohoo and engagement wants those two have), and the ghosts ignored them in favor of spooking Christy over and over. And then the cat ghost, Moonshine, glitched, and I clicked reset, and the ghosts all went away. The next night, Moonshine's ghost glitched again, and again all ghosts vanished on reset.

At this point, the whole house is pretty glitchy. Half the available space is unusable because things won't center on the tiles, or they float in midair if I try to put them there. The babies end up under the stairs when set down half the time, and need to be moved with moveobjects. So I'm about to the take photos of the jumble, put the graves in inventory, and move everyone out and back in, replacing the stuffs. The ghosts will all be more ticked--but any number of them lost their bed when Moonshine scratched it up, so really only the two newer permaplat ghosts, one of whom prefers a chair for haunting, and one hunger ghost will care. The first two are outside anyway, so won't have much effect.

Anyway, the twins, Aiden and Alena, grew up to toddlers, and it's impossible to teach them to walk when they can't walk anywhere because there's invisible who-knows-whatsits in the way. Christy is pregnant with another set of twins and working her way up the Journalism career, Leif is still in Intelligence. No, newspaper, I really don't want anyone in Entertainment. Not today, either. Nor tomorrow, nor the next day. Culinary is already lifted, thank you. No, I still don't want Entertainment. So Journalism may be the most needed lift right now.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1627 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:59 PM
Have you tried the Stuck Object Remover? That wouldn't help with the baby teleporting under the stairs, though.

Helen Wheels asked Andy Bellum out, but they had to admit by the end that the chemistry just wasn't there. Helen was primarily bummed that she now had to start all over with some new guy. Andy was more worried about getting a new pledge. And then Ida Juana Knowe casually goosed him at a toga party and it was like a light came on in his brain. Ida Juana - of course - now that makes sense! As for Helen, Andy's prospective pledge Chaz Whippler asked her out and that's looking promising - he's older and experienced and nicer than Andy (though that's a low gate to get over).

Chaz had been having a hard time over at ALT. First he asked Ellen Frost to marry him and got rejected, which didn't stop her from being mad at him when he took Roxie Sharpe's woohoo mentorship offer; and then his buddy Phin went and got engaged to Ellen and they woohooed in the double bed in Chaz's room! Which, humph. But when the LGU campus opened up and he went exploring he met this rock-and-roll chick, Dot Matrix, and she is totally into him - woohoo and a DJ booth, score! He met Helen when he stopped to shoot some hoops at the Jock Quad there, and it's clear to him that the girls of LGU are much better partiers than those of ALT (Roxie excepted; but Roxie's graduated and she caught him with Dot when they went in to Bigg City so he has some making up to do there). So he accepted Andy's offer to pledge and will be transferring to LGU and moving into Nagard Anya Hoh at the beginning of next semester.

The Nerdists, it turns out, are all queer as three dollar bills. Cliff and Hugh have been autonomously gravitating toward each other and Sara has been focused on her studies, though she gets out and looks when she needs to stretch her legs. They all made the dean's list, which is good, because their initial dorm fees were much higher than they were prepared for.

Woody is about to go on academic probation - he just hasn't been able to focus this semester, at all! His dad is pressuring him to put a ring on Marla, but he can't see himself as anything but a brake on her potential once she graduates and doesn't want to ruin her life. (Also, Penny told him that Candy Hart thinks he's hot. Which is enough to distract anybody.) Out exploring the new campus one night when he couldn't sleep, he met this girl Daisy Wheels, who's in a band, and she's only a freshman and he wouldn't do anything, don't be stupid, only he bought her dinner and she was nice and it was no big deal. Meanwhile, Marla has been having long phone conversations with Woody's stepmother Dora, who advises her that if she wants Woody for keeps she needs to be proactive about it. It's the 20 and a halfth century, for Pete's sake - no sensible woman has to wait around while a man dithers anymore.

Scot and Goldie are going strong and drama-free as ever, but Scot was afraid some of his friends might be riding for falls, and studied couples counseling as a precaution. David Ottomas and Virginia Beech have been dancing around each other a lot since Virginia made up with Max. Virginia is coming to terms with the fact that she isn't as driven as other people - not professionally, and not sexually, either. She needs someone around, hence all the crawling into bed with David; and she likes woohoo fine when it happens, but it is not and will not ever be the force in her life that it is for other people. And David is much the same, which is a large part of why they've gravitated toward each other. But she's not leaving Max for him, and he's not asking her to.

Gavin and Ginger Newson, and Gavin's girlfriend Sadie, are all in the same dorm at LGU. Gavin and Sadie autonomously resumed their relationship as soon as they arrived. They were soon engaged, and picked their majors, and as far as they're concerned they have the rest of their lives figured out. Ginger has made herself over as a college woman, but feels like a third wheel around her brother and friend. By the end of the semester she'd decided to major in history, but that's at least partly because that's Sadie's major, too, and they can sit together in class and share notes. Her high school boyfriend, River Land, should be arriving soon, and she wonders if that's going to pick up where it left off, or not. She hasn't seen anybody she likes better, but River is so ambitious and she's, well, not. But she did well in her first semester and has discovered computer games, so she's all right.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#1628 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Playing BACC with my hardcore tweaks: Basically, all objects are locked (except a fridge and the phone('s) essentials) at the start, which I can only unlock and purchase them (unless I'm playing as an owner) from the established owned community lots. Killed one of two "brothers" intentionally, adopted a child, set up a garden with a green house... and that's pretty much for today.
Scholar
#1629 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Sheffield, where it’s permanently 1981

Tommy Ottomas turned 18, and found himself with a tough decision to make. Most Sims his age would head off to college as a matter of course; even if they only stayed for a semester or two, it would provide an easy transition from home to independence and give them a chance to have some fun. Then again, most Sims his age aren’t owned by a cat. Peter and Samantha had adopted Lily to cheer Tommy up after his grandma died; she’d always had her bed in his room and he was the one who took care of her. She clearly considered him to be ‘her’ Sim, and leaving her behind when he moved out seemed mean. But he also had to consider his relationship with Michelle Kody. Michelle had assumed they would go to college together; if he skipped it, would she still go or would she move straight in with him? The two young people sat up half the night in the Ottomas kitchen discussing their options, and when Michelle finally left and Tommy crawled, exhausted, into his bed, he knew what he had to do. Early the following morning, he told his parents that he would not be going to college. He gathered up Lily’s things and called a taxi to take him downtown. His parents gave him some money, taking into account the fact that he would need a proper apartment to accommodate Lily, and off he went.

Tessa Ramirez was a little miffed about this. She had thought she and Tommy were an item. Well, okay, they were just good friends; it wasn’t as if they were going steady or anything, but still, she had hoped that one day…And then he had made this major decision without a word to her! Oh well. At least there’d be no argument with her parents now; if Tommy wasn’t going to Sim State, she might as well let them send her to the Academie. And since Michelle had decided to go to college herself, there was still time for Tessa to work on Tommy.
Mad Poster
#1630 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:02 PM
Love is in the air this strangetown rotation - where almost every single household involved a date.

I started off with Chloe Curious, who has been trying to woohoo 10 different sims. Thanks to he aspiration benefits, she often has men walking past her lot who she tries to woo. Today Todd Traveller and Gilbert Jacquet walked past. Gilbert and Chloe have already had a romance, so he wasn't very useful. Chloe quickly asked him to leave and got busy on a date with Todd Traveller. They had a 'good' date (neither was really that interested with each other), regardless they still were willing to woohoo before Chloe's son Abacus came home from school. I was hoping I would have time to let Abacus go on a date with his girlfriend Gloria Loner, but he has so much homework piling up that he needs to get under control.

Over in the Smith's household, Jack (PolTech & Jenny's youngest child) went on a date with Brittany Parker (not sure when I aged her into a teen because I ended up making a rule about not doing that. Guessing it was before I made that rule. Ah well). They had been friends since Jack was a child and brought her home from school - so I decided it was about time she aged too. I moved her into the household after they had a dream date (where they ended up falling in love) and decided to age her to the same age as Jack. Then I decided, she should probably be a few days older - which made her the perfect age to send her to college. This worked out a lot better, as the house was already quite full - with Pollination Technician 9, Jenny, Jill, Jill's twin daughters, Jack and dog Tucker. Then, to make the house even more cramped - Jill decided to invite her friend Francis J. Worthington III over..... they proceeded to woohoo on the sofa, while I was giving Brittany a bit of a make over. I didn't notice until I heard the pregnancy chimes. Great. Francis is married and was seemingly uninteresting in human interaction - he doesn't have any more than 1 bolt with anyone, and would rather paint all day than spend time with his wife and 4 children, so this was quite an interesting turn of events.

The Curious household consists of Vidcund, Bella (Goth), their twins Vanessa & Vincent and Vidcund's two alien children - Nebula (teen, 1 day older than the twins) and Neptune (child). I highly regretted getting Vidcund and Bella together - they're a terrible couple. They don't match at all. But they're happy, so I've never stopped them. I just tend to ignore them most of the time and focus on the life of their children. Vanessa and Vincent have been enemies since they were toddlers, and every day I find myself breaking up fights between them. Today they were both luckily distracted. Vincent had a lovely date with Cassidy Contrary and Vanessa went on a date with Egeon Fastolfe (son of Bianca (Monty) and Kent (Capp) Fastolfe). It's funny how similar Vincent and Vanessa actually are but don't seem to notice. In fact, Cassidy and Egeon, personality wise, are quite similar. I believe they both have knowledge/fortune and I believe have the same LTW (although I can't remember what that is) - I actually considered putting them together, but they ended up falling for the Bachelor-Curious twins. Poor Nebula wanted to call her crush, Garrett Newson, on the phone, but seeing as this rotation he's gone off to university - he doesn't have a phone! She sulkily went about doing her homework instead. Neptune became a teenager, I really wasn't sure what aspiration to give him but he grew up looking very Dad-ly (if that's even a word)... so I went with family. Whynot. I'm not sure who to set him up with yet.

In the Loner household, Ajay and Alexandra (Teatherton/O'Mackey) were all loved up, I think they were hoping to try for another child - but I kept cancelling out the 'relax' interaction because I needed them to concentrate on skilling and making friends. Ajay got a promotion. He works in the architecture career track. They have two children together - Gloria (teen) and Avril - who became a teenager this rotation. I chose the fortune aspiration for her, I like to think she's going to grow up to be a golddigger, especially after she struck up a conversation with family friend Morty Roth, and keeps rolling wants to befriend Oliver Monty (heir of the Monty clan).

It seems a lot of Strangetown are teenagers right now. The last house I played today was the Picaso's. Who have four teenagers. So lots of dating. I honestly can't remember who's dating who, other than that their oldest daughter, Emily is dating Fetusoid Curious (Pascal's son). Usually with a house full of teenagers, I'd be finding at least one of them a date, but after all the dates my sims have been on today- I'm exhausted. So I just let them all run amok doing whatever they wanted. They mostly wet themselves because Mark was doing his homework in the middle of the 1-tile hallway.

Three more houses left in Strangetown this rotation, luckily only one of which consists of a teenager (and Bunsen Beaker isn't exactly big on romance, she's a lot more interested in stargazing and building wacky robots).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#1631 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:20 PM
Not a lot has happened yet, but I was looking at the memories of a sim, and her most recent one says "kissed Ariadne (her name) for the first time". Why does she have a memory of kissing herself?
Mad Poster
#1632 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:50 PM
That doesn't sound normal... Have you tried running the hoodchecker?
Instructor
#1633 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That doesn't sound normal... Have you tried running the hoodchecker?
I did, and it shows a lot of sims with relationships towards themselves, but they don't have memories like that. Oh well, my latest backup is from three days ago, and it doesn't have that weirdness, so I'm putting that in the neighborhoods folder and running the hoodchecker just in case.
Mad Poster
#1634 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:10 AM
Peni, I'd still have to move all the stuff first, especially the urns. It's an apocalypse house, the interior is mostly 7x6--room for staircases on the sides. I may well end up stuck-object-removing the whole thing in the process, but everything's got to be packed up one way or another. Ugh. I think I'll load a new Widespot instead. It's like mac and cheese--the real kind, not the box fake stuff.

Forum Resident
#1635 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM
I finished off the last couple of households in my medieval game's fall rotation. Liam and Barrett have left their previous careers in the military to become spice merchants. Unfortunately, they don't have enough resources to build a decent house, so they spent the fall sleeping on the lawn, and it looks like they'll spend at least part of the winter that way, too. They've got the funds to buy supplies, so they'll have a chance to buy whatever is left from the town's share of the resources in the winter rotation - probably enough to at least roof over two rooms on their main floor and hopefully build a chimney so they can cook.

The Travellers are still busy with the island's administration, but they've spent more time meeting people. Two other noble families have moved to the island, and Trisha wanted to make friends with some of the Mandar family. Teen Terrance had already met Minette Stafford; he'd been part of the welcome wagon for them, and then he'd encountered her at the tavern and kissed her. I wasn't surprised that his wants were to go out with her and to sneak out with her. Early in the fall, they successfully snuck out, and a day later Terrance invited her on a date at the castle's hall (the first restaurant in my town has finally opened). I didn't feel like running the hall as an owned restaurant; instead, the Travellers donate money each season to cover the costs of operating the town's community lots, including the castle's hall. The date was a success, but I think I should redo the kitchen as the waiters made nuisances of themselves and blocked each other from using one of its doors a couple of times. Minette's father contacted Trent the next day - I'm not sure if it was about Terrance and Minette or about the Stafford's feud with the Mandars. I think next rotation the Mandars and Staffords will both become friends with the Travellers and have their feud worsen, and then the Travellers can have the whole lot of them over for a mid winter party.

In my new modern 'hood, my farming family had a busy summer. Their lot has a large crop of game tomatoes, and some of Sun&Moon's sets - a few garden vegetables, bee hives, a few herbs, three berry bushes, and fruit trees, chickens, ducks and geese, and hogs. Frank started a home business to sell the food, so I started seeing townies (and downtownies and dormies) come by. I was starting to wonder why I hadn't used empty templates, and then a townie offered Frank a blind date as a networking reward - one reason I added them all so that the game is less likely to grab sims that shouldn't be interacted with for dates or introductions on hikes. Also, the new town is going to be a tourist spot along a coast - there should be people passing through, even if the town currently only has a farm and an artist's studio along a small regional road. Anyway, I let Frank go on the date, and it dropped in one of the playables my daughter and I had made a couple of days ago. I didn't know playables were eligible to be blind dates, but it ended up being a fairly good date, until they shared their first kiss. The kiss was a success, but during the cut scene Frank came down with the flu and he gave it to Diane. I had them end the date and I sent Frank to bed and Diane home. I hope I can get Diane recovered before she spreads it; I've never had a flu outbreak so early in a neighbourhood. I've not played any houses other than the farm. Amelia also came down with the flu, but I think it was random and not a plague tile as she hadn't been anywhere near Frank or the area he'd been while ill. Both Frank and Amelia recovered with some rest, but the garden took a lot of damage that Neil couldn't keep up with. Heather tried to help, but she's busy as the founding politician in town. She stayed up late to help harvest the tomatoes, though. On the last day of summer, Amelia befriended and adopted Sheba - both Amelia and Neil are at 2/20 for their desired pet friends.
Mad Poster
#1636 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
The Douglas family in Bayside Flats is still reeling from the death of Craig Douglas. Things do seem to be looking somewhat better as they slowly start to pick of the pieces.

It was Leslie's idea to get a dog, and she picked out a beautiful black lab and named her Bonnie. The dog has proven immensely therapeutic for both Leslie and her sister Sarah and has brought a sense of warmth and cheer to the old castle that felt so cold and hollow after Craig's death. Being responsible for a dog has helped Leslie bring her focus off of herself. She hasn't given up on her passion, though, and is taking a bit of time now and then to work on her painting. Sarah, likewise, has been spending her evenings searching the sky for constellations. She finds looking up at the stars helps her feel closer to her dad.

Ian has been throwing most of his time and energy into building and strengthening relationships, spurred on by the knowledge that he won't always have time to let someone know how much they mean to him. He's also finding solace in fictional worlds and recently revived a membership to the local film and literature club. He might also be having a bit of a crisis as he comes to realize he's not actually attracted to the girl on whom he has a crush. He's not actually attracted to much of anyone (just a tiny bit to his friend Ethan and about an equal amount to the cute cashier with the pointed ears that he met when he was buying a collar for Bonnie), but he has more important things to worry about than romance. His mom keeps telling him how important it is that he do well in school and how she hopes he'll be able to earn a scholarship soon, so he probably should work on that and maybe worry about dating once he actually gets to college.

Fiona still struggles more than her children. She accepted a job in Science but then switched to a much lower-ranked position in Natural Science since it's her her lifelong dream to become an Ecological Guru. She's also been practicing piano a little here and there and learned to dance (Ian and his friends all got a few laughs watching her get the hang of that). But despite the brave face she tries to put on, the strain is showing. Ian came home from school today to see the morning's leftover oatmeal had been forgotten on the counter to spoil. Resolving to do more to help out his mom, he took it upon himself to teach Sarah to study. That certainly made Sarah happy, and at least Fiona had a little more time to take care of her own needs. After teaching Leslie to study, Fiona tried to make a nice meal of Pork Chops for her family and the throng of teenagers who are always hanging around, but unfortunately she burnt it. She ended up eating what chili was left over in her children's bowls, because she just wasn't feeling up to cooking again and she'd just turned the last of their fresh ingredients to charcoal.

Now Fiona is wishing to see her dead husband's ghost...
Mad Poster
#1637 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:26 AM
In Thalia, Josephine Banks and Luis Owen went to get married at the local church.
They were so eager and anxious to start their marriage that they had woohoo in public in one of the church pews.

Then they got married.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1638 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:20 AM
Junior Mann, you want to get married to Candy, but you want to get engaged to Mary. Would you make up your ever-loving mind? Other than that, Widespot is fairly peaceful, so far . . .

Lab Assistant
#1639 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:41 AM
My sim was pregnant and i decided I wanted an alien baby to match her siblings so I ended the original pregnancy since she hadn't even poped yet. All goes well and she has a normal alien baby with ginger hair like her older brothers (I still found that really weird as genetically it doesn't make sense but they look cute anyway) about 5 sim hours later she pops again.... She doesn't have a husband and only has alien kids so I'm like wat... I check using the pregnancy manipulator and it says she isn't pregnant but inteenmater thinks she is. I was like that the heck is she going to give birth to?! An octopus?! So I let the pregnancy run its course to see what creature she gives birth to. When she eventually gives birth it is another alien baby... made with a different of the 4 PTs I have. I check inteenmater again with says she is STILL pregnant. So I pressed abort as I didn't want triplets lol and she was still pregnant so I did it again and now she's finally not pregnant! My sister found it hilarious and made me update her what the baby ended up being octopus or frog lol
Scholar
#1640 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:21 AM
Gavin Newson was promoted to Junior Officer. This is particularly sweet for Gavin, because as a single man living in the barracks he is now entitled to a slightly larger room with private facilities. For the first time in his life, he doesn’t have to compete with a slew of siblings, dormies or fellow recruits to get into the bathroom!

Chaz and Ellen Whippler were each fined $500 and had their telescope confiscated for repeatedly spying on Cyd Roseland. The proceeds of the sale of the telescope plus half the proceeds of the fines were paid to the victim as compensation. Ellen gave birth to their first child, a boy named Ross, and Social Services are keeping a close eye on the family.

Chester Gieke is pleased to announce his marriage to Marylena Hamilton.

Phineaus and Jodie Furley are pleased to announce the arrival of their first child, a boy named Lars.
Forum Resident
#1641 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:54 AM
I started playing Diane Peter's household. She and her three children are staying with her mother right now. Toddler Harry loves living with his grandma - Estelle loves to read to him. Child Roland wishes he knew where his father was and he's not too happy about living in the tiny house with his reclusive grandmother. He is glad that Diane got him a basketball hoop, though. Teen Annabelle likes the remote area her grandmother lives in - there are a lot of birds, and with both a forest and an ocean nearby, she's got lots of nature to study. Diane wants to become a dancer, so I had her open a studio for dance and fitness classes. Unfortunately, she doesn't have very much money and there isn't a bank anywhere near this settlement; loans for new construction are hard to come by, so building the studio is going slowly. The main source of income for the household is Estelle's writing. Estelle's latest books have been flops, though - and now she's questioning her abilities (judging by the two visits from the Therapist, each following a poor book).

Diane had another date with Frank, and it was a success, but there were resets if I clicked on Frank while there were things in Diane's queue and not all menu options were available on Frank. She then had a blind date with a townie and had similar problems. I started troubleshooting, and was unable to recreate the problem in a test hood. Then I loaded Frank's lot. His brother and sister-in-law had a date without any problems, and as their date ended, Frank started another date with Diane - they reset and had the same menu problems as I'd had when controlling Diane. I started a 50/50 and tracked the problem to a mod that adds labels onto the witches' spell names. After that, I finished up with the Peters' summer and loaded the Cole family. There I realized that BoilingOil's slow aging controller wasn't working properly. I ran the hack detection utility again and realized that I'd messed up the load order of my mods when I created the new game folder - I'd somehow moved the folder zz-last-load into another folder and it was loading before all my other mods. I'm not sure if the problem with the spell labels mod could be fixed by load order or not, but I still don't know why Diane and Frank were having problems when Frank's brother wasn't and the sims in my test hood weren't either. I'll leave the mod out for now and if I get a playable witch in this 'hood I'll test it again - it's a nice mod, but not a critical one for how I play.

The Cole household consists of elder Fran, her son Gary, and grandson Eddie. All three are neat, shy, and serious. Gary and Fran are robotics enthusiasts, and like living in a quiet place where their late night manufacturing doesn't bother anyone. Eddie learned his toddler skills very quickly, and Gary and Fran are working on building up a supply of toy robots. Gary is hoping they'll be able to make some money by selling robots, but neither he nor Fran are looking forward to having to talk to customers.
Mad Poster
#1642 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:20 AM
Chace Z had barely moved into his new house in Bayside Flats and hadn't even had time to unpack most of his things when his aunt Cher insisted he had to move out again. It turns out there was a problem with the family of orphans, the O'Deths. And not just that they were suddenly orphans. They were in need of a live-in nanny.

Chace Z was confused. He had no experience with childcare, and besides he had a murder investigation to take care of; he didn't have time to be anyone's nanny, live-in or otherwise. Cher rolled her eyes. She, Cher herself, was going to be the live-in nanny. Rose had just wanted her to watch Lily and River for a few hours a day while she went to school and work, but unfortunately there was this completely illogical and unfair restriction on asking friends to babysit: only a child's biological or adopted parents could do it. Something about "childcare standards," which was obviously just an attempt to keep members of the SimNation Nanny Association in business despite the numerous complaints against their members for theft, general laziness, and even very clear cases of child neglect. It was an awful law, but Cher wasn't about to go breaking a law (however unjust) when her police officer nephew was back in town! So the only course of action was for her to move in with the O'Deaths for the time being.

What did any of this have to do with Chace Z, then? Well, obviously he needed to move into Cher's place to take care of things there while Cher was away. Just make sure nothing happened to the house or the family's graveyard. Oh, right. The graveyard. Chace Z brightened at that; he always had wanted to see a ghost, and now he had multiple options. He might even be able to see his grandparents' ghosts.
Lab Assistant
#1643 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:51 PM
Yay for Bayside Flats sims! I am loving the way you're playing them, Rosawyn!

In my game, the Douglas family has recently welcomed a new member: Tina Traveller, who moved in with her son Kestrel. Tina got married to Michael Douglas, Ian and Cassidy's only son and heir. The marriage itself was...a complete disaster, actually.

It was a bright, sunny Monday morning; Michael threw the wedding party and soon all the guests arrived. As soon as I told Michael and Tina to go to the altar, it started raining. Pouring, actually, with lightning and thunder. For some reason, Michael decided it would be funny to present himself dressed as Santa. I bet Tina didn't run away just because of the well-known riches of the Douglas family.
The guests were all scattered; no one came to watch the ceremony. And, as soon as they had exchanged the rings, a lightning hit a tree in the garden and everyone panicked...

I'm starting to think the house is cursed! Maybe Sarah the Atrociously Evil Witch has something to do with all of this?
Meanwhile, Ian the vampire slept peacefully in his coffin.

Currently very happy because The sims 2 Ultimate Collection works on Windows 8. Yay!
I'm from Italy, please excuse any grammar errors. :)
Forum Resident
#1644 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:12 PM
trash has been piling up outside the apartment my sims are living in and they're all getting sick.... =( I need to move them out I guess
Mad Poster
#1645 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:39 PM
Or they could pick up the trash...

Scot Land, Goldie Hart, Virginia Beech, and David Ottomas are all officially graduated. Woody Weiss is on academic probation. He couldn't keep his mind on school last semester at all, wandering around thinking about Life and Girls and so on. Marla Biggs, who is just as pleased to put off his leaving (they will now be graduating at the same time, assuming he doesn't flunk out, which he swears he won't), says it's like he couldn't commit to the semester and does he see a pattern here?

I also got my stupid random SWAF-dump glitch and had to fix several people with the batbox and train them into their old characters a bit. This means Marla lost her locked want to get engaged to Woody. This makes me sad. Even sadder, it happened to Delilah Sharpe, too, so she lost her have-baby want on the day she was due to give birth! She was learning to make comfort soup when her water broke and it burned while she was in labor, so her aspiration was lower when she finished than when she started, and she left little Delwina on the floor while she got the soup off the stove. She was so hungry she ate two bowls, even burned as it was. Fortunately, Edwin hadn't glitched and is stoked. Since he hasn't been able to find a job, he offered to stop looking for work and stay home with the baby so Delilah could go in. Since she's in the gamer career it's been easy for her to work from home, but the facetime at the office is important, especially in a profession like gaming where women are marginalized. And once Delwina starts to crawl, they're going to want a bigger place, so a promotion would be welcome.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#1646 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Or they could pick up the trash...

they can't.
Mad Poster
#1647 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:39 PM
That sounds like a serious glitch. What's the landlord doing?

Mad Poster
#1648 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:52 PM
A serious glitch, or a non-friendly-apartment layout.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#1649 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:11 PM
In my Megahood I'm currently playing Veronaville.

Capp Household (Consort): Cordelia and Caliban were resurrected in the previous round and fell pregnant, and Tybalt went off to college. Well Cordelia gave birth to a boy named Griffith who looks a lot like his father. Juliette and Romeo continued their relationship, as did Hermia and Puck. Consort finally retired from his career. Caliban is working as a Spelunker in the Adventurer career, and Cordelia is a stay-at-home mother. Next round Juliette will be going to college, and Hermia will as well in a few rounds time.

Capp Household (Goneril): Goneril and Albany are just trying to advance in their careers (Business for Goneril and Law for Albany). Miranda will be entering college in a few rounds time, she already has an A+ in school. Hal had his teen birthday, and Ariel had her child birthday. Desdemona is just chilling, she'll age up on the first day of round 4.

Capp Household (Regan): Cornwall just went to work, he managed to get promoted to Multiregional Sim of Some Question by making an important discovery. Regan gave birth to their first child, a girl named Nerissa. She looks more like Regan so far from what I can tell, but she has Cornwall's black hair.

Summerdream Household: Oberon is continuing his work as a stand up comedian, hoping to advance in his career. Titania had a few days off of work due to being pregnant, and gave birth to the couples's first biological child, Osric. Ozzy takes more after Titania, but he has a skintone in between Titania's and Oberon's. Puck got an A+, and did after school work in the slacker career. He brought a few friends home from school and work, and continues to be smitten with Hermia. Bottom got her A+, and then aged up into a (quite pretty) teenager.

Monty Household (Patrizio): So far Romeo has proposed to Juliette (she said yes!), and just gone to school and advanced his after school culinary career. Patrizio and Isabella have built a greenhouse and started a tomato farm, and bought some fruit trees. Claudio is working as a Private Eye, and Olivia is a Dish Washer. Olivia has just given birth to the couple's third son, named after his paternal grandfather, Patrizio. Olivia is really hoping for a girl, and since they're now in their late twenties thanks to being resurrected she knows she has time to try a few more times to get her daughter.

Call me Hannah
Test Subject
#1650 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:02 PM
I started a Prosperity Challenge, of sorts, with four families. The first family, the Bates, has six members, three elders ( Annie, Evelyn, and Alicia), a teen (Ralph), a child (Janet), and a toddler (Nancy). The three elder's are triplets. Ralph is Annie's grandson, and Janet and Nancy are Evelyn's granddaughters. Annie is a pleasure sim, Evelyn is a Fortune, Alicia is popularity, Ralph is family, when Janet grows up she'll be a romance, and Nancy will be a Popularity.
The Second family, the Snows, has three members, an elder (Margie), a teen (Franklin), and a child (Clarence). Margie is the boys' grandmother and is a romance sim, Franklin is a Popularity sim, and Clarence will be a pleasure sim.
The third family, the Barrios, has three sims, two elders (Miguel, and Rodrigo), and one teen (Juan). Miguel is Rodrigo's brother and Juan's grandpa, and he is a Family sim. Rodrigo is a Fortune sims, and Juan is a family sim.
The last family, the Singletons, has five members, three adults (Gene, Grace, and Natalie), and two teens (Lonnie, and Kennith). Gene is Grace's brother, Natalie's husband,and Kenneth's father. Lonnie is Grace's son. Gene is a Family sim, Grace is a fortune sim, Natalie is a Knowledge sim, Lonnie is a Family sim, and Kenneth is a Romance sim.
I plan on later adding the Simbin families, Downtown, Bluewater Village, and one of the universities(Not sure which one). I'm not really playing for points, just for fun. I also used some cheats to fix Gene, Grace, and Natalie's ages so the aren't so young. I also rolled for everyone's sexuality Annie is bi, Evelyn is bi, Alicia is gay, Ralph is straight, Janet will be bi, Nancy will be bi, Margie is bi, Franklin is gay, Clarence will be bi, Miguel is straight, Rodrigo is bi, Juan is bi, Gene is straight, Grace is straight, Natalie is bi, Lonnie is straight, and Kenneth is gay. ( 9 bi sims, 3 gay sims, and 4 straight sims)
Page 66 of 351