Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing Sims2 on Windows 10
I have a working game on Windows 7 but am trying to install on Windows 10, new computer. Since C drive is fairly small Im installing on D drive and that is working just fine. No problem reading discs and they seem to install OK. Doing it the old way with a bunch of discs for 15 Expansion and Stuff packs. When I start to play it loads OK but after the Hoods come up to select, I get a warning that I have uninstalled Seasons and weather will be removed if I continue. What am I doing to uninstall ??? When I load a Expansion pack, when it finishes it says it will check to make sure it is up to date, at this point I Restart the computer to keep from having it all erased. What can I do ???? Everything shows just fine on D drive, the expansion packs and the files in User directory. Have had the same problem on C drive on another computer.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:41 AM
Perhaps it's your Seasons disk, try getting it cleaned. Video shops know how to clean them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:02 PM
Default Installing Game from discs
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Perhaps it's your Seasons disk, try getting it cleaned. Video shops know how to clean them.

Its not the disc, it is relatively new and no indication of a problem reading the disc. The file sizes after installation are the same as the one that works well on another computer. It has happened with other expansion packs also.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 12:30 AM
I wonder if it's your anti-virus - what do you have?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:21 AM
I just installed Sims 2 from disk on a new windows 10 computer using the method described in this YouTube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sf7jyo_2kQ
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:27 PM
Default Anti virus
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I wonder if it's your anti-virus - what do you have?
AVG and Malware Bytes. But have them on another computer and no problem there. Actually I have it installed on a Lap Top and another Desk Top, using the same disks. But it says I have uninstalled University, Night Life, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time and Apartment Life. Can play it but of course no Shopping Districts or Down Towns and Universities, no weather and it crashes after final save when I quit the game. Other than that it is great
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:29 PM
Everything works as it should on the Lap top and other Desk Top. Just wanted to clear that up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:41 PM
Default Expansion Packs deleted
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Everything works as it should on the Lap top and other Desk Top. Just wanted to clear that up.

Still have the problem with game saying I have uninstalled almost all of my expansion packs. Loading with discs, lots of discs, all show up fine in Program Files (x86) and Downloads and Hoods are fine. Can play the game but as I said before, no business district, no shopping centers, no universities, no seasons etc think the only things working are The Sims 2 and Mansion and Gardens. Can play OK but missing a lot of houses, floor coverings, clothes etc. They are in my downloads folder but have gotten a message once or twice that they require such and such expansion pack. Probably have something in the Registry left over from a previous installation but don't know where to look. Any suggestions appreciated.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM
Sounds like you need to uninstall and clean out the registry keys before trying another install. Make sure your anti-virus isn't interfering.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~