Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:18 AM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 4th May 2020 at 9:38 PM.
Default I had a thought (and probably a pretty useless one too...)
I remember one time I was setting up camera positions in one world, like say, ctrl 7, and then when I went to another world, I pressed 7 (in cameraman mode) and the camera would swoosh to the end of the world, like the part where you don't see. I recently had a though of, maybe the worlds are actually all together, but when one loads, the other turns invisible and has an invisible wall surrounding it to prevent the camera from going to the other worlds? I know, seems pretty weird what thought I've come up with, and I've always wondered what was behind the world loading screens...
Excuse me for thinking that, or coming up with stupid questions, it's probably my child-like mind wondering about everything...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:34 AM
I've had that happen as well. I can't really explain it. Why would a saved camera position (expressed in absolute coordinates, most likely) not only transfer between saves, but also translate to something so completely different in another world?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are.... are you asking for a technical answer?

Yes and no

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 3:18 AM
Well I'm not exactly sure about the camera mode thing since I never used it. However, no... the game doesn't load all the world files when you play, only whichever world you are in. However, there are things from previous worlds saved into the traveler package and export package which would make your worlds seem more connected. The most obvious is all the sims from your other worlds are all saved in the traveler package. So when you are in 1 world, all the other sims from those worlds are there with you sorta. I mean, it doesn't "load" all those sims, otherwise it would run out of ram, but that's how it cycles through your tourists etc... those sims are available from the traveler package for them to cycle in and out. When you return back to whatever vacation world, those changes the tourists sims made in your homeworld and other world then are integrated back into their homeworld.

So funny thing, I didn't realize this before. So I use to clean my game and delete the traveler package file. I figured that each homeworld already has a copy of them anyways, so no harm done? However, vacation sim don't age in real time, at least they're not suppose to, I don't know of NRAAS traveler or other mods change that, but they age when you are playing your homeworld sorta speak. It's like Bill and Ted, your homeworld's clock is the realtime clock and it is always running. So when you've played 5 sim days in your homeworld and then return to a vacation spot, while loading that world the game updates the sims there from the traveler package and age them 5 days. It also create new kids etc... So when I keep deleting the package file, those kids never aged up. My vacation worlds end up with 5-6 kids in every household.

So I'm guessing the camera thing, along with a lot of other settings including several NRAAS settings, are transferred upon travel b/c it is stored in the traveler package. I don't exactly know the specifics why some settings get transferred while others do not. But that would be the most likely explaination. However, I like the way you think. Sim has its limitations and the rest is for us to fill with our imagination. I downloaded the NY world and I made the airport into a basecamp lot type with a hotel on it. So when my sims arrive at the world, they arrive at the airport. I mean, I know technically that is not what happened, they're simply copied into the export package or traveler package, but I let my imagination run wild.

Ah, well I don't actually have NRaas traveler, but it is cool to think that sims still age while they're in another world.
Ikr, I have my sims do so many things that they aren't properly meant to do, such as camping, that's one thing I love to do with my sims, it's like they get a tent and all that, go fishing, get a fire pit thingy and cook the fish. And as for their hygiene and bladder, they either stink for the rest of the camp holiday or they get one of those showers in a can, and for their bladder just a little WC room

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 3:35 AM
I think there is an object... it might be in TS2, but I remember it was TS3, which they use a bush as a toilet. haha

Oh yeah! Haha lol, I think that was only for Sims 2 IIRC

Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 10:33 PM
I guess open world takes a whole new meaning. Like, literally. The literal one.

Hope this joke isn't in poor taste for a worthless reply :P

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 11:59 PM
Maybe each world was given a set of fixed coordinates, and since the camera position is saved, the camera goes towards the direction that the coordinates are if they existed in the other world.

For example, say (these coordinates are going to be nowhere near accurate in location by the way, nor to scale) Say Sunset Valley is 80-85 degrees west, and 0-5 degrees south, and Bridgeport is 60-65 degrees east, and 20-25 degrees north-- and you save a camera angle in Bridgeport at around 62 and 20, then enter Sunset Valley and switch to the angle. The camera would then go to the end of the world in the North,Northeast direction, before hitting the edge of that specific world. It could work something like this..?

I can't be sure though.. this is completely and utterly a guess.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
Maybe each world was given a set of fixed coordinates, and since the camera position is saved, the camera goes towards the direction that the coordinates are if they existed in the other world.

For example, say (these coordinates are going to be nowhere near accurate in location by the way, nor to scale) Say Sunset Valley is 80-85 degrees west, and 0-5 degrees south, and Bridgeport is 60-65 degrees east, and 20-25 degrees north-- and you save a camera angle in Bridgeport at around 62 and 20, then enter Sunset Valley and switch to the angle. The camera would then go to the end of the world in the North,Northeast direction, before hitting the edge of that specific world. It could work something like this..?

I can't be sure though.. this is completely and utterly a guess.

I wonder then, if sims have an actual earth, maybe not a literal one, but something similar. I like to think that way, makes it all even more realistic imo.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 4:34 PM
The coordinates that are saved in one world probably just revert back to a world specific coordinates. The command is probably saved per save (which includes the fact that your sim traveled to another world) but the coordinates are saved per world.

So all I can think of is that your shortcut was saved for every world because it was saved per save, but the coordinates were saved only for the home world, and when you used the shortcut in a travel destination the world did not know which coordinates to use so it used default/extremes which are the edges of the world.