Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 7:03 AM
Default Uni lots aren't been reset, when moving sim out...
This is happening, and I think, since a while.
When your sim moves back to the main 'Hood, a message pop saying he/she is the last controlable sim on this lot, and that moving him/her back will reset the uni lot...
Well, it does not...

Unless reset has a different meaning, to me this would mean..the lot reverts back to what it was, before you moved your sim on it. No?
Sometimes, I will put a few things into a sim's inventory, just before he leaves the campus..it helps starting a new life ya know.
So when I move in another teen/YA into that same unit...whatever I have "stolen" from before, won't be there anymore.
Is it what's supposed to happen??

This is how residential lots are taken care of, but this isn't in the main 'Hood.
This is a single house, yes, but on a uni 'Hood..so for rent, not for purchase.
Same deal, on Dorms I built. I sent my vamp the other day, and had to buy him a coffin-bed. So I sold the double bed he had there, and both end tables. (coffins are expensive for a poor student)
I was sure, the double bed & end tables would still be there for my other bunch of students, when they moved in. No...that particular room was empty, as it was when I left it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 7:40 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 25th Dec 2014 at 7:57 AM.
Dorm is different than other lots. The reset means all unplayable dormies will be reset and they will return to this dorm again with your new student. All what you bought/built will remain a same as when you left a dorm.

About rentable lots in Uni, it is better to get lot debugger on this lot if your next student will move in onto used lot to remove possible bugs.
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 7:40 AM
No, I don't think that Uni lots are supposed to reset in the way you're thinking of. The only type of lot that does that, so far as I know, are apartments because they are linked to "base lots," which the game uses to reset units from which a playable moves out. Dorms and uni rental houses don't have base lots. I think what's meant by "reset" in this case -- at least in terms of dorms -- is that the dormies will be removed so that, if you use the lot again with new playables, new dormies will move in. Dormies have "keys," tokens which assign them to the dorm they live in, and I imagine the "reset" would remove those keys. Since rental houses on campus are just houses that don't have to be purchased....I'm really not sure why it says that the lot will "reset." Perhaps it just brings up the same dialog as moving out of a dorm. In other words, Maxis didn't see fit to write different dialogs for the different kinds of residential campus lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 8:10 AM
Anything you steal is gone and anything you change like wallpaper will stay. It simply means all the dormies and cook will be gone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 2:34 PM
This is normal for university, and one of the things I like about university residences. It does make them more expensive the second time you rent them, because the redecoration remains. Also, if you throw a grad party for the last sim who moved out, the next tenant will have to clean up the mess! But the fridge will still have leftovers in it, too; the double bed will still be there; the picture the last student painted will still be on the wall - s'great.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 12:17 AM
Oh well, I do not like this at all then. It is the opposite that happens with me. The lot is cheaper to rent the second time, because I sold what was expensive, and left with whatever my student had bought him/herself...
I wish i did not have to go back into each one, after I move a student out, so it remains as it was..as I liked it, when I built it. Or, a different style of playing for me.

Bummer.

Scholar
#7 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 1:24 AM
Hmm, well, have you considered moving it to the bin before you first move? It should save you a lot of bother re-creating it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 2:03 AM
I always do. Once I am done creating any lot, I saved them to the bin.
And yes, this could be a solution..but having to bulldoze, and re place everytime...ugh.
Dunno what option I love best. Re entering the lot and put back everything that was there at first?
Bulldoze and place again,
Or simply have my students be pleased with what they have, and leave everything as it was when they leave.

Scholar
#9 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 7:28 AM
Dunno, bulldoze and place again takes me less time than getting into build mode. If nothing else because if I get into build mode, I get all sorts of other ideas, and next I look at the clock, it's 4 hours later :p